[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Opinions on Hellaflush

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 01:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Lets focus more so on the slammed aspects of things, and not the nice fitment of wheels flush to fenders and decent wheel gap between the tire and fenders and not a drastic amount of camber. I'm talking about a car with extreme camber, stretched tires, no ground clearance, and the guy in the drivers seat who thinks he can handle a car that can barely drive on a public road.

How do we feel about that style/ trend? I hate it for the visual aspects and the safety side of things. Call me ignorant for not hating performance modding since I want to start a 'fight' or argument over why something is or isn't safe when there is much worse to be done dealing with safety and cars.

I just particularly despise this trend on our cars so much and wanted to know if I'm just being an extreme outcast despite a lot of guys doing this. I realize it's all opinion really, but is it? I mean how sensible is it to ruin your cars functionality, of course unless you're on bags..

IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 02:04
I can't stand the "trend". I just enjoy driving cars too much that I don't see the point in taking a drivable car and turning it into a wet dream for some school boy who rides the owners jock all the while the owner gets off on some school boy.

There is a word for that...cigarette.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 02:13
I was just killed on the TSX club forum (Facebook, go check if you must and try not to judge to hard) because I posted this link and stated that I wish the trend was illegal here. And then everyone attempted to argue and I attampted to argue back the internet was the internet so now I'm on to forum 2(here) in hopes to insure myself that I'm no insane and too much of an outcast.

It's 2AM and I wasn't 100% clear in my first post so I caused a mess basically and everyone used that to my disadvantage and ignored my reasons for the want of legalization because that's what people do and the internet amplifies that.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 02:15
* illegalization, sorry.
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 03:23
I just saw something that Quebec has made this stupid trend illegal.
iNteGRaz92
Profile for iNteGRaz92
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 03:29
more like hellafreakinretarded
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 05:17
iNteGRaz92 wrote:
more like hellafreakinretarded

That's what I think is says about the owners!

It looks broken to me.

They wreck the handling & ride of some cars that others covet.

And roll the arches (AND shake the shells) of some potential future classics.

Do it to some shite, never a 'Teg or S2000 or NSX. It seems fashionable to ruin those with Silverado wheels if it has a freakin' A on it.

Jovian8
Profile for Jovian8
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 09:39
Quebec govt is full of f***tard communist fascists.

They try to ban everything. Starting with the English language! lol

then Muslims anything ... then sleepy drivers (as if they can enforce that) ... then mandatory snow tires ...

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 16:50
That trend should stay in the Cars cartoons.
azntsx5at
Profile for azntsx5at
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 18:31
Imo having a nice fitment, wider offset, no wheel gap with some camber to get it just right is totally acceptable and most of the time very tasteful.

It's people that take it a bit far that kind of make me facepalm.
check below to see what i mean. to each their own :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGJ_l53Nz_0

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 19:43
^So. Stupid.

I feel so bad for all the slammed cars out there, Honda's or not.

This is fucking embarrassing. Poor TSX's. :'(

Power Of Dreams
Profile for Power Of Dreams
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 21:27
I come from the school of thought that says that people should be allowed to do whatever they want with their cars since it's their property, as long as they're not putting others in danger or violating the laws.

Hellaflush goes along with those stupid tinted license plate frames, removing catalytic converters and taillight tint. All of them put other drivers in danger.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-24-2014 22:23
Well it does affect handling.. this little bump at 0:44 screwed that Lexus. You could hit that bump double the speed he was going with a untouched suspension without wrecking... But nope, super stiff suspension, stretched tires and a quarter of the tire touching pavement made the car loose control. The TSX in the video above was also on a highway, scraping, making sparks, and he was traveling at speed. Imagine if he came across a road imperfection...

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/11/02/watch-foolish-lexus-driver-crash-custom-car-on-highway/

Power Of Dreams
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 00:13
Hondatalover wrote:
Well it does affect handling.. this little bump at 0:44 screwed that Lexus. You could hit that bump double the speed he was going with a untouched suspension without wrecking... But nope, super stiff suspension, stretched tires and a quarter of the tire touching pavement made the car loose control. The TSX in the video above was also on a highway, scraping, making sparks, and he was traveling at speed. Imagine if he came across a road imperfection...

http://ca.autoblog.com/2012/11/02/watch-foolish-lexus-driver-crash-custom-car-on-highway/

I'm with you. I said that it's like tinted plate frames or taillight tint. It puts other drivers at risk and that's unacceptable.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 00:40
Tinted plate frames?
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 10:39
Hondatalover wrote:

Yup - Darwin Award.

Impossible Dream
Profile for Impossible Dream
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 12:34
You're not alone Hondatalover... I'm of the opinion that if your mod does not make your car:
- faster
- handle better
- have better performance
- safer
- more efficient
- or better in some objective measurable way than stock (aside from cosmetic mods that effect none of the previously mentioned attributes) than you're doing it wrong.

I know many things are subjective and people have different tastes, but I tend to appreciate machinery and technology for what it is, why would you take something good and make it functionally WORSE just for vanity?

Hellaflush is ridiculous, and should have stayed in Japan where it originated. It makes me sad to see normally nice cars look completely out of alignment and to know that those wheels and tires will be worn out faster than necessary...

Just my 2 cents.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 12:44
I'm so glad you guys are sensible. That's probably because most of you are double and some triple my age... people my age (18-30) are so anal about 'respect for other enthusiasts' and 'opinions don't matter' yet they got all butt hurt when I said I didn't like the trend and stated the reasons why, emphasizing on the safety aspect and the possible damages done to the car followed by brand embarrassment. Yes I did say it looks stupid but that wasn't my main argument. They didn't even try to address the safety issues and drive ability concerns I had, they really avoided talking about them aside from firing at me with something along these lines "I don't see any stats showing the cause of car accidents going up because of slammed cars, you're irreverent".

I honestly hate society today, and hate that I'm a part of it. People my age are embarrassing and I would be very happy is natural selection sped up. Haha.

mad_ox1
Profile for mad_ox1
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 13:33
Power Of Dreams wrote:
I'm with you. I said that it's like tinted plate frames or taillight tint. It puts other drivers at risk and that's unacceptable.

What's unsafe to other drivers about tinted plate frames?

As far as I am aware, all they do is help you avoid cash grabs by overbearing government.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 14:57
Pretty f'in stupid.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 15:15
Hondatalover wrote:
I'm so glad you guys are sensible. That's probably because most of you are double and some triple my age... people my age (18-30) are so anal about 'respect for other enthusiasts' and 'opinions don't matter' yet they got all butt hurt when I said I didn't like the trend and stated the reasons why, emphasizing on the safety aspect and the possible damages done to the car followed by brand embarrassment. Yes I did say it looks stupid but that wasn't my main argument. They didn't even try to address the safety issues and drive ability concerns I had, they really avoided talking about them aside from firing at me with something along these lines "I don't see any stats showing the cause of car accidents going up because of slammed cars, you're irreverent".

I honestly hate society today, and hate that I'm a part of it. People my age are embarrassing and I would be very happy is natural selection sped up. Haha.

This stuff happens with every generation.

Everyone wants to be the special snowflake that is expressing their individualism via clothing, "a scene", or whatever, and little do they realize that they look exactly as stupid as everyone else who is doing the exact same thing, all while contradicting the entire point.

I will say, however, that the "hipster" scene makes me want to smash my balls with a hammer. I absolutely detest anyone who promotes it, and let them know in no uncertain terms that they need to vacate my space if they come near me. You can express your individualism all you want, but do it somewhere else.

Impossible Dream
Profile for Impossible Dream
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 15:22
DCR wrote:

I will say, however, that the "hipster" scene makes me want to smash my balls with a hammer. I absolutely detest anyone who promotes it, and let them know in no uncertain terms that they need to vacate my space if they come near me. You can express your individualism all you want, but do it somewhere else.

Why would you want to smash you own balls? Wouldn't it be better to smash theirs? :)

Unless you wouldn't want to subject your future progeny to a world dominated by Hipsters...

Power Of Dreams
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 16:51
mad_ox1 wrote:
Power Of Dreams wrote:

What's unsafe to other drivers about tinted plate frames?

As far as I am aware, all they do is help you avoid cash grabs by overbearing government.

Um, the fact that plates are meant to be visible and they create a situation at night where someone can do a hit and run or run over a pedestrian and nobody can see their plate?

Power Of Dreams
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 16:56
Hondatalover wrote:

Well, you're not required to have respect for anyone else. I certainly don't have to respect what people do with their cars but as long as they're not hurting anyone else, it's their money and their property. Hell, I don't care if someone buys a 2015 NSX and smashes it with a sledgehammer as long as they paid for it.

On the other hand, when it's making life for other motorists unsafe, then I have a problem. How the hell does a car that's less able to handle and running unsafe tires not increase the risk of an accident?

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-25-2014 17:19
I'm only 33 and didn't realize slamming a car had a actual name lol. When I had my 95 accord I went with upgraded 17's lol to think 17's was an upgrade then. I wanted to maintain a small gap between the wheel well and went with coil overs. I hate seeing cars on the floor in a way I feel like when Honda refers to boy racer that's what their referring to. Needless to say my days of that are over I spent so much money on modifications I missed out on cooler cars but heh I was younger and in love with Honda. I guess its to each it's own.
BLK
Profile for BLK
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-26-2014 08:03
I despise hellaflush almost as much as I despise taillight tinting. Imo, taillight tinters are the bottom dwellers of the DNA pool asking to get rear ended all to look 'cool'.

I modified my Accord for autocrossing, so I understand car modifications. But at least it's 100% street friendly. Hellaflush tweens are only into 'hardparking' and gaining acceptance on who has the least driveable car. On some of the forums, anyone not into the trend is ostracized.

Kudos to Quebec. I can only dream of this becoming a reality in the States in addition to actually enforcing against bro trucks.

chhan02
Profile for chhan02
Re: Opinions on Hellaflush    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-26-2014 09:16
99% of the time I think it is just plain stupid. The remaining 1% is because sometime the cars do look nice.

It is unfunctional, makes the car drive like sh*t, makes the car sound like sh*t scraping everywhere, and it makes the car look like sh*t with all the ridiculous camber. It's the new era of ricers IMO.

Someone I know drives a slammed Si and he has cracked 4 oil pans because of freeway reflectors. Sad part is that he is proud of it.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0