[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 22:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda is reported to expand production of Fit in Japan by 20% to all three assembly plants: Yorii, Suzuka andSayama.

Sayama will add hybrid production as some customers will not receive their cars ordered until summer.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 00:47
At the cost of other markets not getting hybrids!

That is why the RLX Sport Hybrid was delayed and NA is only getting like 250 the first two shipments from Japan!

And very few Accord hybrids that the press is stating is the best hybrid in the market at the moment!

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 01:56
RolledaNsx wrote:
At the cost of other markets not getting hybrids!

That is why the RLX Sport Hybrid was delayed and NA is only getting like 250 the first two shipments from Japan!

And very few Accord hybrids that the press is stating is the best hybrid in the market at the moment!

I seriously doubt Honda would produce Fits at the expense of RLX or Accord Hybrids...

PS: There is obviously room to expand Fit sales in Japan, not denying that, but can't see why would Honda would withhold their global flagship for that reason....

Last edited by danielgr on 04-28-2014 02:09
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 18:15
Fit production is expanded to Sayama because there's spare capacity, Roll doesn't seem to know what she's talking.

P. S. Accord hybrid is made in N. America Marysville plant.

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 18:17
Message: Fit production is expanded to Sayama because there's spare capacity, Roll doesn't seem to know what she's talking.

P. S. Accord hybrid is also made in N. America Marysville plant.

N/A
Message is below viewing threshold    (Score: 0, Inflammatory) 04-28-2014 18:36

This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 18:48
Honda needs to sell the Fit hybrid in the US. I bet it would sell better than the Civic hybrid.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 20:01
RolledaNsx wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:
Message: Fit production is expanded to Sayama because there's spare capacity, Roll doesn't seem to know what she's talking.

Dr Stink pull your head out of your ass!

The Lithium-Ion batteries that Honda uses for their Hybrid models are all made at one plant in Japan.And it is at max capacity with just taking care of the Japanese Market.

I think its like 70% or more of all Fits and Vezels sold in Japan are Hybrid and also the Accord Hybrid is a hot there too.

That is why their working very hard at the moment to get another battery supplier.That is very hard because most of the battery suppliers are already locked in contracts with other auto manufactures.That is why Tesla is building their own factory to make batteries.

So if they are going to make more Fits in Japan then its going to hurt other markets hybrid models until they get another battery supplier!

Said it once, but just in case, there is no reasonable way for Honda to prefer domestic Fit sales to NA RLX or Accord Hybrid sales. Even a thousand units per month of the eSH-AWD RLX would be an incredible feature for the brand, while Fit sales wouldn't even notice.

It just doesn't make any sense as a consideration regardless of how much you insist in insulting people around. And I do believe you are really lucky that by bringing traffic to the website you are allowed to ramp through it. Others have been banned for much less, and I do think you should be more responsible in the use of the privileges you are given by the site administrators.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 20:49
danielgr wrote:
RolledaNsx wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

The Lithium-Ion batteries that Honda uses for their Hybrid models are all made at one plant in Japan.And it is at max capacity with just taking care of the Japanese Market.

I think its like 70% or more of all Fits and Vezels sold in Japan are Hybrid and also the Accord Hybrid is a hot there too.

That is why their working very hard at the moment to get another battery supplier.That is very hard because most of the battery suppliers are already locked in contracts with other auto manufactures.That is why Tesla is building their own factory to make batteries.

So if they are going to make more Fits in Japan then its going to hurt other markets hybrid models until they get another battery supplier!

Said it once, but just in case, there is no reasonable way for Honda to prefer domestic Fit sales to NA RLX or Accord Hybrid sales. Even a thousand units per month of the eSH-AWD RLX would be an incredible feature for the brand, while Fit sales wouldn't even notice.

It just doesn't make any sense as a consideration regardless of how much you insist in insulting people around. And I do believe you are really lucky that by bringing traffic to the website you are allowed to ramp through it. Others have been banned for much less, and I do think you should be more responsible in the use of the privileges you are given by the site administrators.

If you have your own opinion,I have no problem with you!
Share it! :)

But if you personally attack me...it's game on!

And that is what he did,he didn't like what i was saying so he attack the me instead of doing is homework and search for the info to prove me wrong

SO HE INSULTED ME FIRST!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 21:54
RolledaNsx wrote:
danielgr wrote:
RolledaNsx wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

If you have your own opinion,I have no problem with you!
Share it! :)

But if you personally attack me...it's game on!

And that is what he did,he didn't like what i was saying so he attack the me instead of doing is homework and search for the info to prove me wrong

SO HE INSULTED ME FIRST!!!

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT???

Personally, he or anyone is free to doubt you know what you are talking about. Sure, I understand that feels insulting, but it is still very far from the way you directly insult people and shout at them.

A line has to been drawn somewhere when there are two confronted lines of thinking, and FWIW I think he gets border line while you cross it blatantly. I also think you could be so much better if you wanted. You know I don't agree with the way you do things, but I reckon you are a valuable asset for the community, bring tons of fresh info and debate, both of which are appreciated by many. Now if only you could behave better. It's up to you.

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 23:12
Rolled, keep on keepin' on, man.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 00:16
330R wrote:
Rolled, keep on keepin' on, man.

;-)

"Truckin'
got my chips cashed in.
Keep truckin',
like the do-dah man
Together,
more or less in line,
just keep truckin' on
."

Daniel... sometimes you have to let it be.

"Give your dreams a rest
If you're tired of searching
This is where it ends
There's nothing left to lose
Nothing to protest
Learn to love your anger now
Anger here is all you possess"

Now, time for me to smoke a cigar and puff some heavy duty smoke.

"Frank Zappa and the Mothers
Were at the best place around
But some stupid with a flare gun
Burned the place to the ground
Smoke on the water, fire in the sky"

9000rpm
Profile for 9000rpm
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 01:33
Keep on posting Rolled.

I've seen a lot lot worse from people who bring a lot lot less to a community.

I think its just jealousy.

Mr. Universe: "You can't stop the signal, Rolled. Everything goes somewhere, and I go everywhere."

Its most certainly better it goes to TOV where I can find the info!

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 01:58
danielgr wrote:
Personally, he or anyone is free to doubt you know what you are talking about. Sure, I understand that feels insulting, but it is still very far from the way you directly insult people and shout at them.

A line has to been drawn somewhere when there are two confronted lines of thinking, and FWIW I think he gets border line while you cross it blatantly. I also think you could be so much better if you wanted. You know I don't agree with the way you do things, but I reckon you are a valuable asset for the community, bring tons of fresh info and debate, both of which are appreciated by many. Now if only you could behave better. It's up to you.

Who are you again?

Not sure you are in a position to tell people how to act.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 06:45
xBeastx wrote:
Honda needs to sell the Fit hybrid in the US. I bet it would sell better than the Civic hybrid.

Honda needs to sell the Accord Hybrid in the US! I believe it really would sell too, if that Hitachi battery deal works out. It could put a dent in the Prius. But ATM it's merely penny numbers...

It's hard to guess the reasoning, but it's probably like it's easier to make a few more Fits and satisfy home market demand, because whatever they do ATM would hardly scratch the surface of US demand.

And of course there is the Yen/Dollar, it's alright for Honda to lose money on exporting Hybrids rather than making the batteries locally because it's a worthy cause, but of course it's acceptable that the EU Accord was left to rot because they were losing money on it...

deandorsey
Profile for deandorsey
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 07:45
Dr goes after Rolled in every single post he makes. please.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 09:37
The part about the Sport Hybrid RLX isn't making total sense to me. 250 is small potatoes in terms of an automotive assembly line and it doesn't seem that ramping Fit production would necessarily make so few available. Are there another 250 a couple weeks behind it? Are they doing a bigger run now that will show up in a month? They've got a car with a world-class interior and now it finally has some legit performance chops (shame about the exterior), they need to get them on the ground and promote them!
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 09:57
gofast182 wrote:
The part about the Sport Hybrid RLX isn't making total sense to me. 250 is small potatoes in terms of an automotive assembly line and it doesn't seem that ramping Fit production would necessarily make so few available. Are there another 250 a couple weeks behind it? Are they doing a bigger run now that will show up in a month? They've got a car with a world-class interior and now it finally has some legit performance chops (shame about the exterior), they need to get them on the ground and promote them!

Good question - possibly keeping them scarce supports the price/reduces the loss they are making on every one? It's a pretty advanced piece of kit & there could be reasons to keep it very special.

I should imagine there are another 250 not far behind, though.

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 12:47
That being said, can you guys actually refute Whinger as wrong? He isn't exactly lovable but what he's saying makes way more sense to me. I find the Fit/RLX connection to be tenuous, at best. I would prefer more factual statements from those in the know...
MasterOfDaDomain
Profile for MasterOfDaDomain
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 13:27
DrWhiner wrote:
Fit production is expanded to Sayama because there's spare capacity, Roll doesn't seem to know what she's talking.

P. S. Accord hybrid is made in N. America Marysville plant.

I know a donkey when I see one.

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 14:44
CarPhreakD wrote:
That being said, can you guys actually refute Whinger as wrong? He isn't exactly lovable but what he's saying makes way more sense to me. I find the Fit/RLX connection to be tenuous, at best. I would prefer more factual statements from those in the know...

Blue Energy Japan are already either at or close to full capacity utilization for 2014.
www.greencarcongress.com/2013/11/20131122-anderman.html

And that was before the Vezel Hybrid went on sale in Japan.
Honda is selling more Accord,Fit and Vezel Hybrids than was forecasted by about 60-70%.There isn't enough batteries to supply all the hybrid models in all markets.So they decided to take care of their home market first were the hybrid has a bigger market share.

People on TOV already told AHM that they do not like the RLX,so it makes it a very easy decision for Honda as what model doesn't get batteries.The one they sell 10,000 a month or one they will sell 100 a month?

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 15:31
But the one they're selling at 100 a month is also raking in a lot of profit? The RLX must have at least 15% margin, considering some of the other competitors in the luxury space. And how much of a dent would delaying 100 cars really make to overall production?

AHM listens to TOV?

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 15:57
Nick GravesX wrote:
xBeastx wrote:

Honda needs to sell the Accord Hybrid in the US! I believe it really would sell too, if that Hitachi battery deal works out. It could put a dent in the Prius. But ATM it's merely penny numbers...

It's hard to guess the reasoning, but it's probably like it's easier to make a few more Fits and satisfy home market demand, because whatever they do ATM would hardly scratch the surface of US demand.

And of course there is the Yen/Dollar, it's alright for Honda to lose money on exporting Hybrids rather than making the batteries locally because it's a worthy cause, but of course it's acceptable that the EU Accord was left to rot because they were losing money on it...

I believe California is still part of the US....

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:00
My spidy senses are siding with Rolled on this one...

Honda is risk averse...what would be less risky? Selling less RLX's, would anyone notice at this point? Or less Fits, a leader in its segment...

The way Honda doles out high-tech cars, FCX, Accord Hybrid/plug-in, Fit plug-in, etc...this seems about right.

Maybe this will change soon with the more aggressive initiative with Acura, but with the already compromised and bungled RLX?

A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:05
CarPhreakD wrote:
But the one they're selling at 100 a month is also raking in a lot of profit? The RLX must have at least 15% margin, considering some of the other competitors in the luxury space. And how much of a dent would delaying 100 cars really make to overall production?

AHM listens to TOV?

I think Rolled was being sarcastic. fair enough.

Our one allotted accord hybrid has had its production delayed yet again. Time to tell the waiting punters. Its all due to battery production being prioritised for JDM vehicles. At the end of the day you'd like to think this is purely a profit based decision (which is also fair enough) rather than an ethno-political one.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:07
TonyEX wrote:
I believe California is still part of the US...

So is Michigan...I drove one a few weeks ago.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:31
TonyEX wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:
xBeastx wrote:

I believe California is still part of the US....

the Accord Hybrid is offered in all states. The Plug-in is the one that's limited to a handful of states.

The problem is that there are virtually no Hybrids to buy.

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:42
Makes sense to me what rolled wrote.
But not totally agreeing.

Japan has rising sales tax till end of this year, with the total market to shrink over 10% because of that. So while Honda has a run with their hybrids they want to get as many sales as possible before end of the year.

The hybrid rlx can wait until the tlx is in stock, its all about pulling people to the showroom anyway.

That said I am sure Honda won't have a regular flow of battery packs for rlx. Due to small numbers they would batch them and every other day.

The reason Honda wants to make more in Japan is to export them.
With the yen exchange rate also going down towards the end of the year too.

No surprises.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 16:58
DCR wrote:
TonyEX wrote:
I believe California is still part of the US...

So is Michigan...I drove one a few weeks ago.

How did you like it?

I believe it has less power and the mileage takes a hit (*) when it gets cold. Here in SoCal it drives quite well.

(*) Need to run the ICE to keep the heater working.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: Surprise: Honda to expand Fit production in JP    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-29-2014 17:08
surely with the RLX e-Shawd in the works for so long means the pre-orders for production batteries and quantities would have to been in the works also??

This where Honda needs to grow a pair, and tell the battery companies to prioritise Honda first, forget the rest or just pay more to get the product to the market.

Honda may or may not listen to ToV, but how many here will buy RLX e-Shawd, most buyers of the car will not have heard of ToV!!!

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0