[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
klae17
Profile for klae17
No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2014 22:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have been looking for a sporty sedan and the TLX wasn't going to cut it. After they revealed the specs and the bland styling it was time to realize that Acura isn't on par with other sport companies. They are a value based company and their cars will reflect that.

However, still keeping the MDX and the TSX! Gotta have a reliable car nearby with these run-flats.

MalcolmR
Profile for MalcolmR
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-26-2014 23:15
Have you driven the TLX?

Malcolm

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 00:37
klae17 wrote:
After they revealed the specs and the bland styling it was time to realize that Acura isn't on par with other sport companies.

You didn't need to wait at all...that is common knowledge.

Midi_Amp
Profile for Midi_Amp
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 02:50
MalcolmR wrote:
Have you driven the TLX?

Malcolm

You didn't know sound judgement is purely based on spec sheet and subjective values now? Test driving is so November 2012 my Internet friend.

iNteGRaz92
Profile for iNteGRaz92
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 05:13
i love posts like these. they just make me laugh. enjoy your 335i and its 8 year old interior.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 07:06
Yeah, I'm gonna but a Bugatti Fucking Veyron, because the NSX deosn't even have a spec sheet yet.

I love these paper tigers...

MalcolmR
Profile for MalcolmR
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 07:46
Midi_Amp wrote:
MalcolmR wrote:
Have you driven the TLX?

Malcolm

You didn't know sound judgement is purely based on spec sheet and subjective values now? Test driving is so November 2012 my Internet friend.

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 11:32
I think he is just applying the woody test. :-)
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 12:01
I'm not really sure what you were expecting. A 335i is a turbocharged inline 6 vehicle with RWD (and you didn't mention AWD). There was never a point where any of us expected the TLX to directly compete with that.

Personally, if I were looking for a sports car, I would go for the M235i as the 3-series has definitely lost a lot its edge. But if you need 4-doors, I guess there's really not a lot of places to go.

klae17
Profile for klae17
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 15:37
iNteGRaz92 wrote:
i love posts like these. they just make me laugh. enjoy your 335i and its 8 year old interior.

Hey now, I'm enjoying my Acuras as well. Why the hate?

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 17:25
klae17 wrote:
I have been looking for a sporty sedan and the TLX wasn't going to cut it. After they revealed the specs and the bland styling it was time to realize that Acura isn't on par with other sport companies. They are a value based company and their cars will reflect that.

However, still keeping the MDX and the TSX! Gotta have a reliable car nearby with these run-flats.

Congrats, but I gotta say if you are saying the styling on the TLX is bland, then I am not sure the 335i really spices anything up. It is their tried and true 3 series look, but probably not done as well as before, and I do not think it is exactly earth-shattering, seems pretty banal to me. Enjoy your car, you at least can start driving and not sitting around another 4-5 months until you get some seat time with a TLX.

B.

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 17:50
Congratulations! The new F30's are indeed very nice and the amount of tech they pack is quite staggering (a bit scary to me especially when something goes) But nothing beats the smoothness of BMW's i6 engines.

Personally I really like the new design styling of the F series cars especially compared to the era of the E90/E60/E65

s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 20:39
It sounds like your are price flexible or are buying the 335i used. In any case the 335i is almost certainly a better car in terms of handling and acceleration. Styling is probably subjective and the BMW 3s have certainly improved in the last 2 years.

I'm likely to make a similar decision to go non-Honda/Acura when comparing the 2015 RDX with the Macan S for similar reasons :)

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-27-2014 22:55
Congrats on your purchase but don't gloat too much as the 3 has lost many of its predecessors advantages. It's no longer the dynamic standard as even Cadillac has out BMW'd BMW!

I guess I'm one of the few who think the TLX may just have enough guts to at least rejeuvinate interest in Acura sedans. Acura's and Honda's in general usually don't do well on paper but the TLX looks like it may have a fighting chance.

A77X
Profile for A77X
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 11:24
s2ktaxi wrote:
It sounds like your are price flexible or are buying the 335i used. In any case the 335i is almost certainly a better car in terms of handling and acceleration. Styling is probably subjective and the BMW 3s have certainly improved in the last 2 years.

I'm likely to make a similar decision to go non-Honda/Acura when comparing the 2015 RDX with the Macan S for similar reasons :)

the base macan looks so well priced - I just cannot imagine anyone in the market for a top spec Q5 or RDX or whatever the Mercedes is called NOT buying the Macan - which looks better (IMHO), will go better, has a nicer interior, and..oh forget all that....it has the badge and nothing else matters.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 11:44
A77X wrote:
s2ktaxi wrote:

the base macan looks so well priced - I just cannot imagine anyone in the market for a top spec Q5 or RDX or whatever the Mercedes is called NOT buying the Macan - which looks better (IMHO), will go better, has a nicer interior, and..oh forget all that....it has the badge and nothing else matters.

Where you got to compare a $50G base Macan to and an $40G top of the line RDX, I have no idea. I am sorry when you are talking about a $10G difference why bother, makes so little sense. I think the Macan is pretty sweet but come on now, it is not exactly cheap. Add some options to even equal an RDX and you are talking closer to $15G difference. I cannot imagine anyone who is looking at the Macan even bothers with the RDX.

But hell yeah Macan I totally dig.

B.

Calgarian
Profile for Calgarian
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 11:52
Of course the TLX will compete with the 3 series including the 335.
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: No TLX for me, hello 335i!    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-28-2014 13:50
Brutus wrote:
A77X wrote:
s2ktaxi wrote:

Where you got to compare a $50G base Macan to and an $40G top of the line RDX, I have no idea. I am sorry when you are talking about a $10G difference why bother, makes so little sense. I think the Macan is pretty sweet but come on now, it is not exactly cheap. Add some options to even equal an RDX and you are talking closer to $15G difference. I cannot imagine anyone who is looking at the Macan even bothers with the RDX.

But hell yeah Macan I totally dig.

B.

I was just providing an example to parallel what the OP I essentially doing between the TLX and 335i :)

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0