[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Honda Dream
Profile for Honda Dream
BTCC 2013 - Honda wins again.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2013 16:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda take triple championship again with A.Jordan (Eurotech Honda) winning driver's title (Honda 1-2-4) by just seven points ahead of Honda works team driver G.Shedden. Team Dynamics Yuasa Racing win Teams and Constructors championship with Honda Civic.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110631

This is the fourth consecutive Honda title in constructors and team's champiosnhip thanks to Team Dynamics - 2010-2011-2012-2013 champions.

It is also third consecutive Honda Driver's title:
2011 - Matt Neal (Honda); 2012 - Gorgon Shedden (Honda) 2013 - Andrew Jordan (Eurotech Honda)

A great achievement for Honda with it's racing Civic in one of the most coveted titles in touring car championships around the world. Now we wait for Honda to turn this year's race victories into driver's title in WTCC as Honda also won constructors title in the series in 2013 bearing Lada (Renault Group) to the title.

zekohonda
Profile for zekohonda
Re: BTCC 2013 - Honda wins again.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-14-2013 09:38
in wtcc we get our ass kicked by privateer chevrolets...and in btcc where the competition is (imho) stonger we are are first. strange...
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: BTCC 2013 - Honda wins again.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-14-2013 12:43
Nothing strange at all. You are mistaken to think the BTCC is stronger than the WTCC.

Those "privateer" Chevrolet's are in fact the end result of 10 years factory development, it's just the factory has recently left the scene, and the cars are till very current and strong, whereas the factory Honda's are only 12 months on from their very first race!

In the BTCC, the other factory teams have long since moved on, whereas Team Dynamics have received substantial long term help from Honda to develop their current cars. No wonder they are winning championships.

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: BTCC 2013 - Honda wins again.    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-14-2013 20:18
Honda Dream wrote:
Honda take triple championship again with A.Jordan (Eurotech Honda) winning driver's title (Honda 1-2-4) by just seven points ahead of Honda works team driver G.Shedden. Team Dynamics Yuasa Racing win Teams and Constructors championship with Honda Civic.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110631

This is the fourth consecutive Honda title in constructors and team's champiosnhip thanks to Team Dynamics - 2010-2011-2012-2013 champions.

It is also third consecutive Honda Driver's title:
2011 - Matt Neal (Honda); 2012 - Gorgon Shedden (Honda) 2013 - Andrew Jordan (Eurotech Honda)

A great achievement for Honda with it's racing Civic in one of the most coveted titles in touring car championships around the world. Now we wait for Honda to turn this year's race victories into driver's title in WTCC as Honda also won constructors title in the series in 2013 bearing Lada (Renault Group) to the title.

unfortunately, we have already lost the WTCC riders title. Yvan Muller in the RML Chevy has wrapped that up. Though your right, the manufacterers title was won comfortably by Honda.

Sadlerau is correct, the other manufacterers in BTCC are not as strong as Honda. though it is a wonderful championship to see, it must rank as the most diverse manufacterer involved championship in the world with atleast 10 DIFFERENT MANUFACTERERS involved in 2014.

This year, Only MG gives a decent input and every now and then Jason Plato can challenge the Hondas. IM keen to think that next year the MGs will have progressed even more and will be even tougher for Honda to achieve a title. MG nearly nicked the title this year when Andy Jordan had a DNF

as for WTCC, next year will be very tough considering Citroen will join the party. The reigining world champion in Yvan and multiple WRC Champ Sebastien are gonna make it pretty darn difficult for Honda to lift any titles i reckon.

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2013 18:41
well in a surprise statement, Honda said they will defend their fourth constructors title in a row with an ALL NEW CAR!! im perplexed as to what it is? surely i thought a updated Civic might be the reason to continue. BUt its nonetheless intriguing! im glad Honda are continuing, BTCC with its diversity and close racing is one of the best tin top series in the world!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/10/15/honda-to-return-with-new-car-for-2014-season/

thoughts?? new accord ? civic tourer (lol)?

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2013 18:58
Civic Tourer
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-15-2013 20:11
RolledaNsx wrote:
Civic Tourer

Doing a Volvo play then? Better aero is what they're looking for, apart from something "different" if it's true.

Pity it'll still look like a bagapuss :(

Came up behind the sedan in traffic this morning, God they are a sad, ugly looking car, to me.

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 08:07
Better aero & possibly something to do with the 'active' rear damping, perhaps?

BTW Sadlerau - I've tried the lower rear tyre pressures on the Leg End - I'm up to 32/39 ATM.

I can see what you did there, it's just the slightly soggy slop in the rear sidewalls I find a bit unpleasant, the RWD turning good.

I'll probably go a bit higher and possibly try a bit of reduced rear toe-in as well.

BG
Profile for BG
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 09:41
^^Aero, certainly, rear dampers, unlikely, the current car uses a rear double wishbone set-up, so most likely they'll continue with a similar set-up, the active damper system I believe will be only available on the high grade tourer model.

http://www.honda.co.uk/racing/btcc/cars/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/65254/new-honda-civic-tourer-review

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 10:49
BG wrote:
^^Aero, certainly, rear dampers, unlikely, the current car uses a rear double wishbone set-up, so most likely they'll continue with a similar set-up, the active damper system I believe will be only available on the high grade tourer model.

http://www.honda.co.uk/racing/btcc/cars/

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/civic/65254/new-honda-civic-tourer-review

Thanks for that - really it is a silhouette racer and not at all related to production Bagpuss!

RolledaNsx
Profile for RolledaNsx
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 11:47
Yes.... it is the production Bagpuss!

It just has the front and rear cut-off and tube frames added to survive crashes better and stronger/better suspension.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 11:53
Nick GravesX wrote:
BTW Sadlerau - I've tried the lower rear tyre pressures on the Leg End - I'm up to 32/39 ATM.

I can see what you did there, it's just the slightly soggy slop in the rear sidewalls I find a bit unpleasant, the RWD turning good.

I'll probably go a bit higher and possibly try a bit of reduced rear toe-in as well.

After 25 years of racing FWD cars, I'm totally comfortable with a soggy, waggy tail. For years in the restricted classes I've run in, the quickest way to induce more rotation was to drop rear tyre pressures. You should see how much wagging I get from the CRV running those pressures! But it sure helps the handling. Of course with modern stability assist systems it should never get totally out of hand, should it?? :)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: BTCC 2014 BOMBSHELL!! Honda to defend with ALL NEW CAR    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-16-2013 15:04
sadlerau wrote:
Nick GravesX wrote:

After 25 years of racing FWD cars, I'm totally comfortable with a soggy, waggy tail. For years in the restricted classes I've run in, the quickest way to induce more rotation was to drop rear tyre pressures. You should see how much wagging I get from the CRV running those pressures! But it sure helps the handling. Of course with modern stability assist systems it should never get totally out of hand, should it?? :)

I just like the feel of rigid sidewalls - I'm a Bridgestone whore and used to love the four-wheel drifts one could get the S2000 to do on S-02s.

The actual oversteer/Christmas tree lights on the dash bothers me not one jot; the TC is set about right on Hondas and doesn't interfere too much.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0