[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
IntegraDC5R
Profile for IntegraDC5R
***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2013 08:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
The rookie is a man upon men on bikes and unlike any rookie before him; 4th win in a row (rookie record), 5th win in a rookie season (rookie record) and 10 podium finishes (ties Rossi for rookie record). Still 7 races to go, his lead is now 26 points over Dani and 44 over Lorenzo.

This was supposed to be a Yamaha circuit and early on Lorenzo lead and his lead was up to a second during the very early laps, but little by little the Repsols clawed back and overtook.

If you are not following this season, you're missing history being written.

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2013 08:19
the kid is just absolute freak, amazing race and some incredible passing on Jorge. Jlo is one hard nut to crack and he did it with aplomb. As much as a fantastic rider MM is, kudos to Honda, they have come up with a fantastic motorcycle aswell. And well done Dani, good to see him knock one over jorge
fa2al
Profile for fa2al
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2013 13:14
The kid is amazing! It seems like he can make a pass at any corner on the track. It's awesome watching him get the back end out under braking. His rate of improvement is remarkable!
acuraguy
Profile for acuraguy
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-25-2013 18:33
huge marquez fan now, didnt know much about him prior to this season but how can you not love the way he attacks corners and slides the bike around? definately a tip of the hat to hrc as well for providing him with a bike that allows him to be comfortable doing that.

i remember watching nicky hayden when he was in superbike and when he first came to motogp. he used to always slide the bike into corners and back it in- but he was knocked for eating up the tires. how does marquez do it lap after lap but not ruin them by the end of the race?

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-26-2013 00:30
...and boy oh boy, that pass on jorge on lap 7 up the hill, pretty much a calculated lunge but he did it so clean, what a rider!

Dani was very impressive actually, having watched the replay now i have to say if there were a couple more laps than he could certainly have been challenging marc for the lead. But whats fascinating is how strong 93 is on the brakes, everytime Dani was looking to pass MM would just brake deep. So yeah, it wouldve been tricky for Dani to pass even with some extra laps..

fa2al
Profile for fa2al
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-26-2013 02:14
I agree, Dani was also on pace but like you said Marquez brakes so deep that I don't think he would have been able to pass Marquez.

To quote a poster from Motomatters, "Marquez looks super hard to get past on the brakes, he's taken trail braking to a new level. The way he drifts the bike into the corner but hits the apex every time is breathtaking. How are you supposed to out brake a guy who's a hairs breadth away from out braking himself anyway?"

MalcolmR
Profile for MalcolmR
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-26-2013 05:42
A pleasure to watch Marc Marquez.

He's on his game. Skills, attitude, strategy, temperament.

He's got too much for the Yamahas and it will need a lot from Dani Pedrosa to beat him.

Malcolm

K25
Profile for K25
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-27-2013 12:15
Pedrosa and Lorenzo may be hoping to close the gap in points until Valencia but I expect the 2013 MotoGP world champion will only increase his advantage. I warned at the beginning of the season this was no ordinary rookie and he will be a threat.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-27-2013 18:48
K25 wrote:
Pedrosa and Lorenzo may be hoping to close the gap in points until Valencia but I expect the 2013 MotoGP world champion will only increase his advantage. I warned at the beginning of the season this was no ordinary rookie and he will be a threat.

You are pre-empting a lot of racing! I agree that Marquez is in the box seat, but one awkward fall could be all it takes to stop his charge. So let's not tempt bad luck and only talk of what might be :)

K25
Profile for K25
Re: ***SPOILER*** MotoGP Rd11 Brno    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-28-2013 10:49
Well, true that one fall in the race for MM can make the championship a bit more open but to be honest, it's more likely for his rivals to fall - especially Pedrosa. And injury-prone he's not either.

Marquez is riding like a veteran despite being a rookie. The way he controls the RCV at any situation is really impressive. He just looks "solid" and strong on the bike. If you compare him with his teammate for example, with Pedrosa it looks like the bike dominates him, with Marquez it's the other way arround (no doubt this is also to do with DP very small body).

Moreover, he has the best character, attitude. He's seemingly immune to pressure, like he says "I don't feel any pressure". These are some of the reasons I see no one catching him. And because he's not the type to play it safe, manage points gap, % game, its why I think he'll win with same advantage as now or even more. He's already the best in my view, he lacks nothing in his arsenal.

Oops! sorry for more of what might be talk. Couldn't help it :)
Don't worry, I promise you this won't change the course of things, there's no such thing as "luck", no :)

Okay his main rivals are still in with a mathematical chance, and for Lorenzo one of his best chances to win another race this season comes this weekend at silverstone, I would guess.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0