[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
JMU R1
Profile for JMU R1
2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2013 22:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Since the Moto GP season is going swimmingly for Marc Marquez and Repsol Honda, I compiled some stats from the first half of the season. I was already impressed with how well Marc has done, but as I've put some stats together I've realized that he's been even better than I've thought in some ways. At this point he's already done better as a rookie than even Rossi. As long as he rides smart from here on out, I think a title is in his future.

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-17-2013 23:23
well done, good job with the tables. The stats are ominous, the kid is setting the standard already. ) 0.5 SECOND UP ALREADY IN POLE against the raining world champion. As a Honda fan i would be over the moon if Marquez wins, but even a little more so i hope Dani lifts it, as he deserves just one title for all the years of frustration. Go the HONDA BOYS!!

MalcolmR
Profile for MalcolmR
Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2013 02:00
That's a bloody good presentation JMU R1.

Much appreciated.

As you said, until seeing your report, I hadn't realised Marc Marquez was doing so well.

Malcolm

CafeDelMar90
Profile for CafeDelMar90
Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2013 02:13
Also, for any Motogp fans out there, i recommend reading the article from Freddie Spencer, the original whiz kid back in the 1980's. An absolute gentleman i had the pleasure in meeting. Theres a nice little mention of Soichiro Honda on the last entry (page 5 of 5), ill post it up here :

The racing was actually a small part of it. The parts for me that mattered most at the end of the day were, for example, I always thought I was supposed to ride for Honda. The week I won the first championship at Imola [1983], I was invited to Mr. [Soichiro] Honda’s home. The moment when I walked into his house—and I’d never met him before—I kinda knew this was what it was all about for me. “Thank you for achieving my dream,” he said. “Thank you for helping me achieve mine,” I replied. Racing wasn’t just winning. That’s part of it of course, but there’s other things.
In ’85, in what I believe is the last GP Mr. Honda ever went to, I won the Spanish GP after I’d crashed in practice that morning. I won the race with a broken hand. It’s drizzling, I’m standing on the podium, I look down and see Mr. Honda standing at the base of the podium and he’s got tears in his eyes. He was already getting sick at that point. The win was one thing, but for me, that was the bigger thing.
courtesty of Cycleworld.com

for the full link from Cycleworld.com : http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/12/on-the-record-freddie-spencer-interview-part-one-of-five/

BLK
Profile for BLK
Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2013 14:13
That's a terrific excerpt. Thank you.
MalcolmR
Profile for MalcolmR
Re: 2013 Moto GP First Half Infographic    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-18-2013 18:56
CafeDelMar90 wrote:
Also, for any Motogp fans out there, i recommend reading the article from Freddie Spencer, the original whiz kid back in the 1980's. An absolute gentleman i had the pleasure in meeting. Theres a nice little mention of Soichiro Honda on the last entry (page 5 of 5), ill post it up here :

The racing was actually a small part of it. The parts for me that mattered most at the end of the day were, for example, I always thought I was supposed to ride for Honda. The week I won the first championship at Imola [1983], I was invited to Mr. [Soichiro] Honda’s home. The moment when I walked into his house—and I’d never met him before—I kinda knew this was what it was all about for me. “Thank you for achieving my dream,” he said. “Thank you for helping me achieve mine,” I replied. Racing wasn’t just winning. That’s part of it of course, but there’s other things.
In ’85, in what I believe is the last GP Mr. Honda ever went to, I won the Spanish GP after I’d crashed in practice that morning. I won the race with a broken hand. It’s drizzling, I’m standing on the podium, I look down and see Mr. Honda standing at the base of the podium and he’s got tears in his eyes. He was already getting sick at that point. The win was one thing, but for me, that was the bigger thing.
courtesty of Cycleworld.com

for the full link from Cycleworld.com : http://www.cycleworld.com/2013/08/12/on-the-record-freddie-spencer-interview-part-one-of-five/

That says so much, CafeDelMar90.

Thank you.

Malcolm

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0