[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: Advice on roof racks and bike carriers...

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
6Speeds
Profile for 6Speeds
Advice on roof racks and bike carriers...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-20-2013 19:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm looking to accessorize my '11 TSX Wagon Tech with a roof-mounted bike rack for my wife and me. I'm considering the Honda/Acura systems, Yakima, and Thule, but I'm curious what experiences and recommendations some of you may have. My primary interest is in compatability and durability and just a little in how cool it looks! I've yet to purchase any of the components such as crossbars.

Please share you thoughts and experiences with such accessories!

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: Advice on roof racks and bike carriers...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2013 11:24
I've had varied Yakima products for about 30 years. They make excellent well engineered racks. Do not go cheap on roof racks. Yakima's overkill design is for your and other's safety. When you sell this car, they will tell you exactly what you need to use the main components on your next car.

Use their site to fit your car exactly. They have your TSX Wagon in their system:

http://www.yakima.com/fit/information/

Waldo
Profile for Waldo
Re: Advice on roof racks and bike carriers...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-21-2013 11:49
Another thought, 6speed. I much prefer to carry our bikes with the front wheels removed, and attached to the separately available wheel holders. This way the fork is rigidly secured to the rack, and there is no noticeable lateral sway. If your bike has a quick release front wheel, it will work fine.

Also, the least expensive "Railgrab" system works just fine. Spend more for the aesthetics if you wish, but it's not necessary.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Advice on roof racks and bike carriers...    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-22-2013 17:08
6Speeds wrote:
I'm looking to accessorize my '11 TSX Wagon Tech with a roof-mounted bike rack for my wife and me. I'm considering the Honda/Acura systems, Yakima, and Thule, but I'm curious what experiences and recommendations some of you may have. My primary interest is in compatability and durability and just a little in how cool it looks! I've yet to purchase any of the components such as crossbars.

Please share you thoughts and experiences with such accessories!

We have the OEM crossbars in our wagon. They are very well made and quite sturdy with a locking mechanism and a wing like aerodynamic cross section. The only issue is that above 80mph you can hear some whistling.

Not have carried anyting on them except a Christmas tree and long stuff attached with cords.

Personally, I'd go with the OEM products. At the very least, I definitely recommend the OEM cross bars are they specifically made for the car and they fit quite well.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0