[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
More.......................
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
More.......................
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
More.......................
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
More.......................
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
More.......................
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
More.......................
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: Harley's Demise
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis GT90 coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mobileye claims their system detected the pedestrian, even with the crappy Uber video as input
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Next Gen Fit EV
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Monaco Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Civic Type R Pickup Truck Concept
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Can Honda Turn the Chevy Tide at the Indy 500?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura RDX Arrival
Join Discussion......
Driving Simulators --> Re: Forza 7 2018 Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
Read Article....................
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
Read Article....................
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura MDX Debuts at the New York International Auto Show > > Re: Interior looks like... an interior

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
    
Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 13:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
More specifically, it looks like it could be the interior for just about any car. It has no character. It's a nicely assembled stack of buttons and knobs, but there is nothing inspiring about it.

I was hoping that more of ideas brought forth by the ZDX would find their way into Acura products.

SH-AWD10
Profile for SH-AWD10
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 14:40
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I think this vehicle will be a runaway best seller, assuming it's priced right. It's loaded with features, nimble and fast and gets good mpg. The interior looks great and seems to boast high quality materials. Nice job, Acura.
dominik331
Profile for dominik331
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 15:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not to mention that it looks like every other interior in a lesser Honda.

Mehhh.

Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 15:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
dominik331 wrote:
Not to mention that it looks like every other interior in a lesser Honda.

Mehhh.



Exactly my thought. I checked out the new Honda Accord few weeks ago and the center layout is very similar (the center display resolution I thought was bit low). Quality levels certainly are not dramatically different compared to EX-L.

Varmint
Profile for Varmint
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 17:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
SH-AWD10 wrote:
I think this vehicle will be a runaway best seller, assuming it's priced right. It's loaded with features, nimble and fast and gets good mpg. The interior looks great and seems to boast high quality materials. Nice job, Acura.

Oh, sure. I don't doubt it will sell. I'm not commenting on the features, handling, or MPG. And I'm not commenting on the quality of the interior materials, either.

I am commenting on the styling of that interior.

My $20K CR-Z has a dirt cheap interior, but the "look" is good enough to leave a much more favorable impression. They used materials from a $15K car and made a dash comparable with a $25K car. It appeared on a top 10 list along with several supercars and land yachts.

In contrast, it seems like the MDX designers took the materials from a $50K car and made them look like a $40K dash. Great function: boring presentation.

Bevoguy
Profile for Bevoguy
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 17:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BTW Acura rep tells me the FWD version will be less than the current base model which means the price will be LOWER!

In doing the math my bet is
Base FWD 42790
Tech FWD 45290
Tech Ent FWD 47390
Base AWD 45650
Tech AWD 48250
Tech Ent AWD 50350
Advance 55850
Advance Ent 57950

I know they say there will only be Advance Ent, but the rep tells me that there is no way when the Advance is out selling the Adv Ent
I know

Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-27-2013 20:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bevoguy wrote:
BTW Acura rep tells me the FWD version will be less than the current base model which means the price will be LOWER!

In doing the math my bet is
Base FWD 42790
Tech FWD 45290
Tech Ent FWD 47390
Base AWD 45650
Tech AWD 48250
Tech Ent AWD 50350
Advance 55850
Advance Ent 57950

I know they say there will only be Advance Ent, but the rep tells me that there is no way when the Advance is out selling the Adv Ent
I know



Why would it be more? RDX FWD wasn't more than previous gen RDX AWD either.

If numbers are correct then you still pay 2K more for current base AWD.

Wow, 50K+ for an MDX? If interior was as good as BMW/Audi maybe but it really isn't plus Acura isn't really positioning themselves either that way (e.g. smart luxury).

BalIermd
Profile for BalIermd
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 13:20
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Varmint wrote:
More specifically, it looks like it could be the interior for just about any car. It has no character. It's a nicely assembled stack of buttons and knobs, but there is nothing inspiring about it.

I was hoping that more of ideas brought forth by the ZDX would find their way into Acura products.



Really? I think the interior is quite handsome and athletic at the same time. Certainly an improvement over the current model's messy center stack. And another thing, as the RDX interior's is better executed than the ILX's interior, so here is the MDX's interior better executed than the RLX's interior. Seems Acura is going the way of GM and Ford over a decade ago - seemingly producing better SUVs/trucks while neglecting their sedans...

BalIermd
Profile for BalIermd
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 13:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Lucien wrote:
dominik331 wrote:
Not to mention that it looks like every other interior in a lesser Honda.

Mehhh.



Exactly my thought. I checked out the new Honda Accord few weeks ago and the center layout is very similar (the center display resolution I thought was bit low). Quality levels certainly are not dramatically different compared to EX-L.



Well that's the thing. Recently with stiffer competition, mass production cars like the Accord and economy cars like the Ford Focus have been getting improved interior materials. At the same time, seems like luxury brands have reduced the quality of their material across the board, even Lexus (BMW interiors have been cheap for a while now though). So, with all of this happening, it's going to be harder to tell the difference between a luxury car's interior (including feature content) and an average car's interior. Go figure.

Infiniti and Audi have the best interiors to me in terms of design and material quality. Yes, Infiniti, I said it.

Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 13:54
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Fully agree.

Here's btw comparison with Honda Accord:






Lucien
Profile for Lucien
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 13:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BalIermd wrote:
Varmint wrote:
More specifically, it looks like it could be the interior for just about any car. It has no character. It's a nicely assembled stack of buttons and knobs, but there is nothing inspiring about it.

I was hoping that more of ideas brought forth by the ZDX would find their way into Acura products.



Really? I think the interior is quite handsome and athletic at the same time. Certainly an improvement over the current model's messy center stack. And another thing, as the RDX interior's is better executed than the ILX's interior, so here is the MDX's interior better executed than the RLX's interior. Seems Acura is going the way of GM and Ford over a decade ago - seemingly producing better SUVs/trucks while neglecting their sedans...



Actually I really prefer the current center stack. I can operate it blindly while with touchscreens you have to keep checking going through the menu's for simple operations.

gofast182
Profile for gofast182
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 14:43
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Lucien wrote:
BalIermd wrote:
Varmint wrote:
More specifically, it looks like it could be the interior for just about any car. It has no character. It's a nicely assembled stack of buttons and knobs, but there is nothing inspiring about it.

I was hoping that more of ideas brought forth by the ZDX would find their way into Acura products.



Really? I think the interior is quite handsome and athletic at the same time. Certainly an improvement over the current model's messy center stack. And another thing, as the RDX interior's is better executed than the ILX's interior, so here is the MDX's interior better executed than the RLX's interior. Seems Acura is going the way of GM and Ford over a decade ago - seemingly producing better SUVs/trucks while neglecting their sedans...



Actually I really prefer the current center stack. I can operate it blindly while with touchscreens you have to keep checking going through the menu's for simple operations.


This worries me about the future of car interiors. As cool as the touch screen stuff is, there's no tactile indication that I've located or pressed the right button when I want to make an adjustment **while keeping my eyes on the road**.

Colin
Profile for Colin
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 15:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
Lucien wrote:
BalIermd wrote:
Varmint wrote:
More specifically, it looks like it could be the interior for just about any car. It has no character. It's a nicely assembled stack of buttons and knobs, but there is nothing inspiring about it.

I was hoping that more of ideas brought forth by the ZDX would find their way into Acura products.



Really? I think the interior is quite handsome and athletic at the same time. Certainly an improvement over the current model's messy center stack. And another thing, as the RDX interior's is better executed than the ILX's interior, so here is the MDX's interior better executed than the RLX's interior. Seems Acura is going the way of GM and Ford over a decade ago - seemingly producing better SUVs/trucks while neglecting their sedans...



Actually I really prefer the current center stack. I can operate it blindly while with touchscreens you have to keep checking going through the menu's for simple operations.


This worries me about the future of car interiors. As cool as the touch screen stuff is, there's no tactile indication that I've located or pressed the right button when I want to make an adjustment **while keeping my eyes on the road**.


For years, Acura has had the best voice recognition AND hard buttons for every function (and for a generation touch screens).

People complained about 'too many buttons'. People complained about smudges on the touch screen/navi display. Later people complained that they removed the touch screen for the interface dial. Even with the interface dial, people complained about (still) too many buttons.

Through it all, there were voice commands for those willing to learn them. IMO, the new system has it's issues but it does solve the 'too many buttons', and 'smudges on the navi screen'.

My wish list: a) improve the menu system. It seems overly complex. b) improve response time (I'd love to learn what kind of processor this uses). c) improve typography/graphics: not a fan of the way the longer menu items overrun the shaded 'boxes'. d) "gamify' the voice recognition to incentivize more usage. For example, if I got good at it, reduce the number of confirmation steps to make it faster to execute commands.

Varmint, I too had hopes for the monolithic dash from the ZDX finding it's way into more product. I can only wonder why they never implemented this.

klae17
Profile for klae17
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 15:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Those interiors are crap. If you think Audi's interior quality is good... wow. Maybe an Acura isn't for you then.
fatbloke
Profile for fatbloke
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2013 04:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
dominik331 wrote:
Not to mention that it looks like every other interior in a lesser Honda.

Mehhh.


Looks like every other interior in a lesser Honda!!! Are you seeing things or are you just stupid!
Try spec savers!



PearlBlueVTX
Profile for PearlBlueVTX
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2013 08:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
gofast182 wrote:
This worries me about the future of car interiors. As cool as the touch screen stuff is, there's no tactile indication that I've located or pressed the right button when I want to make an adjustment **while keeping my eyes on the road**.



Based on what they are saying, the MDX is sharing some of the center stack electronics like main screen with the RLX. When I test drove the RLX, it has a capacitive touch (I think that's what it's called). Anyway, it gives a vibration feel to your finger after you touch the feature on screen

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2013 10:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Lucien wrote:
Fully agree.

Here's btw comparison with Honda Accord:







Sure the design is similar Nissan/Infiniti do the same and many others too. The Acura looks more upscale led gauge cluster led back lit 8" and 7" screens cleaner layout, most likely softer materials, etc. We know the Accord is a great car, but when it comes to interiors for the most part Acura usually gets it right

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-30-2013 11:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Lucien wrote:
Fully agree.

Here's btw comparison with Honda Accord:







I actually prefer the Accord's interior by far. It is less bloated, plus that 6-speed shifter is turning me on.

saitamahonda
Profile for saitamahonda
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2013 19:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Definitely needs the ZDX center stack.

The RL's waterfall stack was one of the best looking IMO, as was the 3rd gen TLs.

Ever since the 4th gen TL, the interior consoles in all Acuras have started to look like some toy Shuttle-craft from Star Trek.




RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2013 20:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
the guages look sweeeet on the acura.
Gary757
Profile for Gary757
Re: Interior looks like... an interior [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-03-2013 22:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
xBeastx wrote:

I actually prefer the Accord's interior by far. It is less bloated, plus that 6-speed shifter is turning me on.



I prefer the MDX interior. Especially the center stack. The Accord touchscreen area is an eye sore w/ its glitter plastic frame and that out of place volume knob -- put there to justify the small touch screen.


 
Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0