[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Electronic rear view mirrors - one thing I don't like
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic MMC rumors?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura MDX Debuts at the New York International Auto Show > > Re: DRLs and Fogs

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

InDashMP3
Profile for InDashMP3
DRLs and Fogs [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 07:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Greetings! Our family has been waiting for this MDX, as our lease on our 2011 Odyssey Elite Touring will be up in Jan. We used to have a Honda Pilot before an 08 Odyssey, and now the 11 Odyssey. We are ready to go back to an SUV, preferably Honda/Acura. We have had nothing but Hondas and Acuras since 1996 including Civics, CRVs, Integras, Pilot, Odysseys. Although the comments don't seem to be raving about the MDX, it's still on our "hit" list for when we start shopping in Dec/Jan. Some features that are more vanity than function that we were looking for are the 2nd row moonroof, LED DRLs and nice FOGS. It certainly seems that the 2nd row moonroof is NOT an option here with the 2014 MDX. I'm curious, however, if the MDX has DRL and Fogs? If so, I haven't seen any pictures. Yeah, I know the production version was just shown yesterday, but perhaps someone in attendance at the NYAS chatted with an Acura rep and learned any info?

010609TL
Profile for 010609TL
Re: DRLs and Fogs [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 09:10
Yes, the MDX will have jewel eye LED DRL's similar to the RLX, but foglights won't be offered this time around.

GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: DRLs and Fogs [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 10:05
My two car garage in a traditional American home has fit:
Integra and MX-5 - lots of room
Accord and MX-5 - enough room
Accord and BMW 3 Series - a little tight but easy fit.

How are people fitting these wide vehicles into their garages? I can see one of the cars where the driver gets out on the wall side, but the doors facing the middle how do you get out?

The Integra had a hatch, but was a slanted hatch, so didn't open that high. Does the verticle style hatch of an SUV hit the top of the open garage door - the door is right above the car when it is open. I have metal hinges between garage door panels that would put nasty gashes in the paint of the hatch if they hit.

Just curious as to what garage life is like with a full sized SUV. I am still hoping for an RDX Type-S with SH-AWD to replace the 10 year old Accord. MDX is just too big for my garage. Actually what I want is the Euro 5 door Civic with diesel, but for whatever reason that is forbidden fruit in America.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: DRLs and Fogs [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-28-2013 17:08
My friend's mom drives a Nissan Armada and manages to fit in inside a tiny garage. It looks like the roof scrapes the top when it goes in, but I don't know why people drive such large cars haha.

I really hate hate hate how Acura no longer has fog lights on its base ILX, RDX, and the RLX and MDX. They could have at least replaced when with LED running lights or something like the Ford Fiesta, Taurus, and many Mercedes.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0