[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Any expected improvement in US Type R availability?
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura RLX Employs an Array of New Signature Acura Technologies to Deliver a New Level > > Re: Saw one tonight...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-28-2013 17:44
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda-D wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
In other words, most Korean cars have the right ingredients (at least on paper) but they need better fine tuning.

That's it.

Just look at the 2013 Rio.

1.6L DI good for 138HP. Light car. 6sp man/auto.

You would think it's a great car, nope. Got it for a rental, man, it's so frustrating to drive around.

I personally think the fine tuning is very important.

I find it funny while Hyundai is getting all the ingredients right and the fine tuning wrong, Honda is doing the exact opposite (for luxury cars at least).

jeffbatt
Profile for jeffbatt
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2013 17:23
Saw/sat in one today.

Didn't dislike it per se, thought it actually looked a lot better in person, but also seems like the most boring Acura I can remember. Seemed over-priced by 5-7k to me. Just generally underwhelmed by it.

I somehow doubt they will come close to selling 1,000 of these this year. Should be big discounts soon unless the actual drive is unbelievably amazing or something.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-11-2013 12:26
Yup, as I've been saying, the base price is causing a lot of concern. De-contenting the current base model and slash the price by $5k would help a lot IMO. A base 535i or E350 starting at $50k does not have LED headlights, forward collision warning, lane departure warning, heated seats, rear view camera, upgraded sound system, moonroof, tri-zone climate control, etc.
jeffbatt
Profile for jeffbatt
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-13-2013 21:22
I think the price needs to drop without lowering content. In fact, add real leather and the 19" wheels to the base model and replace the fake wood with real wood. To me, this car just doesn't offer enough extra content over the accord touring to justify the premium they're charging (for some reason I just can't stop comparing it to the accord even though I really want to like the RLX).

One other thing...in person I much preferred the black car to the white one. The darker color showed the styling details better to my eye...the white reminded me of a refrigerator.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2013 12:53
When you look at the features the base RLX offers for $49k, and then compare to cars such as E350, 535i, you are saving around $5-$10k. I think it comes down to, is the brand image + RWD worth that much to you or not.

Also, I think we should look further than just features. The Accord will always look more of a bargain than the RLX if you only look at features. The relationship is not going to be linear. For instance, in a $35k Accord, you may get 100 features. That doesn't mean you will get 150 features in a $52k RLX. Honda wants to sell 20-30k Accords month, but perhaps 1k of RLXs. There's a big difference.

jeffbatt
Profile for jeffbatt
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-14-2013 22:08
Good points.

Honestly, I think what it boils down to for me is that the RLX inspires no passion for me so I end up comparing it on features and specs per dollar to the much cheaper accord.

Maybe better styling alone would've made up for that, regardless of other factors. It isn't bad, just has no "gotta-have-it" factor to justify the $20k premium over an accord touring.

But maybe it drives really great and I don't know what I am talking about.

Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Saw one tonight... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-15-2013 11:40
jeffbatt wrote:
Good points.

Honestly, I think what it boils down to for me is that the RLX inspires no passion for me so I end up comparing it on features and specs per dollar to the much cheaper accord.

Maybe better styling alone would've made up for that, regardless of other factors. It isn't bad, just has no "gotta-have-it" factor to justify the $20k premium over an accord touring.

But maybe it drives really great and I don't know what I am talking about.

You are definitely not alone as quite a few on here have already drawn comparison between the RLX and Accord Touring.

I concur with you regarding the exterior styling. The profile seems to be too similar to the Accord. Perhaps the Accord is THAT good, that's why people are comparing.

Early tests seem to point that the RLX is great to drive, but not quite at the 5 series level.

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0