[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
General Talk --> Re: Harley's Demise
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Genesis GT90 coupe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mobileye claims their system detected the pedestrian, even with the crappy Uber video as input
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Next Gen Fit EV
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Monaco Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: I just realized
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Civic Type R Pickup Truck Concept
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Can Honda Turn the Chevy Tide at the Indy 500?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Acura RDX Arrival
Join Discussion......
Driving Simulators --> Re: Forza 7 2018 Civic Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura RLX Employs an Array of New Signature Acura Technologies to Deliver a New Level > > Re: Acura Hidden Exhausts Design Theme

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Mikeydred
Profile for Mikeydred
Acura Hidden Exhausts Design Theme [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-28-2013 17:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Guys I would like to get some feedback to see what others think on Acura’s decision to have hidden exhaust on all models it appears (with possibly the exception of the NSX). The more I am looking at the concept the more I like the idea. They have actually put effort into hiding the exhaust including using full bumper clips with lower detailing. From the photos it is virtually impossible to see the tip down of the exhaust on the RLX and the MDX prototype and the RDX is well executed also, as you have to be looking pretty low to see any signs of the exhaust. The ILX is the weakest effort in my opinion of hiding the exhaust and hopefully a MMC will address this and bring some cohesiveness to the design throughout the brand.

I guess what I’m saying is, the concept does not look tacky like an Accent or Civic may look and it separates the brand design wise from others (typical Honda fashion not to follow others). As I stated in the past the last generation of Bimmers and Benz did the same thing and were not as well executed. Acura probably could have went a different route, but I think the integrated exhaust in the muffler is a little played and it makes the rear of all cars with them look the same. I was driving behind an Equus this morning for example and when I looked up at first I thought it was an LS. I know some will argue that hidden exhaust is a cheap cop out in order to save on muffler tips, but again they are adding detail to their efforts to hide the exhaust, which it would probably be easier to run the finishers through the bumpers.

Not looking for any bashing, just some honest opinions on what some think about this move from a styling perspective?

jeffbatt
Profile for jeffbatt
Re: Acura Hidden Exhausts Design Theme [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 03-09-2013 17:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
It is fine I guess but to me he hidden exhaust makes the cars look especially un-sporty from behind. Maybe that's what they're going for.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0