[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX pricing?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Important Message
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Fine Tradition of English Goalkeeping
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Harley's Demise
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Is a G1 NSX w/4AT worth the huge price break?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Monaco
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Monaco Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Acura-when marketing went adrift
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda S660 Modulo X
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mobileye claims their system detected the pedestrian, even with the crappy Uber video as input
Join Discussion......
Integra --> Re: 95 GSR DYNO
Join Discussion......
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura RLX Employs an Array of New Signature Acura Technologies to Deliver a New Level > > Re: Acura Management Blew it again...

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 12:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
There's no excuse. I've been a loyal fan and buyey for 10 years but no more. This will be my last post here. Let me say it as clear as I can...
THE EXTERIOR DESIGN IS HORRIBLE !

Was that clear enough? OMG... looks like freagin older model Accord. This is unacceptable. Bye Bye Acura...
Although I will keep my '10 MDX for a while ... :)

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 14:01
Ammo wrote:
There's no excuse. I've been a loyal fan and buyey for 10 years but no more. This will be my last post here. Let me say it as clear as I can...
THE EXTERIOR DESIGN IS HORRIBLE !

Was that clear enough? OMG... looks like freagin older model Accord. This is unacceptable. Bye Bye Acura...
Although I will keep my '10 MDX for a while ... :)

Exterior design is beautiful and timeless. BTW your MDX looks dated.

Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 14:10
Let me guess - you work in Torrance CA? My MDX is the current model which is selling very well if you haven't noticed. And it is a consensus on the RLX if you goto any of the professional reviews - the exterior is 'bland' 'unexciting' etc... I'm old (53) but I'd have to be another 20 years older to buy this RLX...
iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 15:52
Ammo wrote:
Let me guess - you work in Torrance CA? My MDX is the current model which is selling very well if you haven't noticed. And it is a consensus on the RLX if you goto any of the professional reviews - the exterior is 'bland' 'unexciting' etc... I'm old (53) but I'd have to be another 20 years older to buy this RLX...

Yeah because only people who work for Honda like the RLX. Do people really think this way? You realize that not everyone thinks the same as you right? And that people can independently decide to like things that you don't like?

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 16:03
iutodd wrote:
Ammo wrote:

Yeah because only people who work for Honda like the RLX. Do people really think this way? You realize that not everyone thinks the same as you right? And that people can independently decide to like things that you don't like?

Thats what happens when you don't stay in school/drop out.

according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 16:05
Ammo wrote:
There's no excuse. I've been a loyal fan and buyey for 10 years but no more. This will be my last post here.

Well, I see that didn't go as planned...

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 20:07
I have to agree with Ammo's title for this string, but perhaps for slightly different reasons. Either way, I dont see this car generating a lot of excitement for the brand. So, the question comes... what next?

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 20:37
integrator wrote:
what next?

ILX emergency refresh. May they engage their brains, reach deep, and do something that may begin to approach the fun quotient of the Integra.

MDX full model change. Hope for their sake they don't fumble it.

RLX 3 motor hybrid with SH SH-AWD. I hope they saved some marketing (what's that?) dollars for this one. It's going to need an advertising push so people pay attention to the RLX again.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 22:04
I actually didn't mean in terms of what the product plan was. I meant, what if this RLX goes nowhere. Will a whole new philosophy be necessary?

The terms 'stabbing blindly in the dark' comes to mind when you suggest that they don't fumble it. I think its too late for the RLX, and sadly for the NSX also.

330R
Profile for 330R
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 22:23
integrator wrote:
I actually didn't mean in terms of what the product plan was. I meant, what if this RLX goes nowhere. Will a whole new philosophy be necessary?

Oh, I knew what you meant. What I intended with my post was to say that what next will be just more of the same. Business as usual.

Would they actually admit they f'ed up on the RLX? All we'd get here are defenders to tell us how they didn't really lose that much, since Acuras are based on Hondas. We'd be reminded that it's all our faults for not supporting the brand; that we're wrong if our tastes don't align with Acura's. All will be swept under the rug if Acura outsells Infiniti and Audi.

Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 07:46
Exterior design is subjective but why don't you try and read some reviews out there from the experts? You will hear words like 'uninspiring and bland' ... not Flagship material.
I can guarantee you that I am as big an Acura fan as you are. I have bought 3 new Acuras in the past 10 years. I love my MDX and loved my 2006 TL. My point is this - Acura nails the hard part - engineering, technology, quality. Yet they give us an uninspiring exterior design. No excuse.

Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 07:51
Don't stay in school? I graduated college probably before you were alive. I've worked for 30 years at a Fortune 40 company. Let me guess ... your about 25 years old, don't own a home, drive a POS Nissan Altima, and love Obamacare? Ha ha ha ...
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 08:26
Ammo wrote:
This will be my last post here.

Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 09:49
Yeah so that changed... that's all you got to say?
iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 10:56
Ammo wrote:
Don't stay in school? I graduated college probably before you were alive. I've worked for 30 years at a Fortune 40 company. Let me guess ... your about 25 years old, don't own a home, drive a POS Nissan Altima, and love Obamacare? Ha ha ha ...

Man you are smart. But since we're on the subject of what words were used to describe the exterior of the RLX:

Autoblog: handsome, striking, sharp

Motortrend: "The overall design is more elegant than flashy..."

Leftlanenews: handsome, attractive, interesting

Edmunds is the only review I can find that outrightly says something similar to what you're saying all of the reviews are saying. But they don't say bland and they don't say unexciting.

Now I wouldn't exactly believe everything that auto journalists say but your argument centers around very specific language use and I'm just not seeing it.

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 11:26
USA Today: Ho-hum styling. Has a Lexus look in back, an anonymous look from the side and what you'd call an Acura look in front. Thank goodness it has toned down the extended, overbite-style, cowcatcher grille, reminiscent of an 1800s locomotive, that has damaged most Acuras for some years now.

RLX isn't ugly, but it isn't distinctive. Strikes us as a lost opportunity.

Popular Mechanics Cars: This is a great car, but not so brilliant that anybody will rush to trade in a German sedan. And the RLX is unlikely to turn many heads. Aside from the distinctive headlights, the styling is more forgettable than understated. In terms of performance, refinement, and general luxury the RLX is Acura's best car yet, but you might not notice it driving down the road. The biggest problem with the RLX is anonymity.

Autoguide: Easily a better value than German rivals, unfortunately for Acura, value isnít the number one concern for buyers in this segment. Neither is blending in, which the RLX tends to do.

German traditionalists also wonít be won over by a front-driver, though the RLX proves that for the most part (and for buyers in this segment), which wheels the power goes to is pretty much irrelevant.

Holding true to the Acura brand reputation for going against the grain, the RLX delivers a genuinely surprising drive. Unfortunately, itís missing the visual impact to match its engineering achievements.

Edmunds: Its Looks Are Not Deceiving
Let's face it. The RLX isn't the most striking sedan to ever come out of Japan. Or from anywhere. It's been pegging our forgettable meter since its quiet debut last November at the L.A. auto show, which is ironic given that Acura names "elegant and exclusive style" as the No. 1 priority of luxury sedan customers.

MardiGras
Profile for MardiGras
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 11:52
Ammo wrote:
Exterior design is subjective

Exactly!! So why are you stuffing your opinions down everyone's throats?

BTW, you're way beyond your final post quota.

dho
Profile for dho
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 13:30
Just stop it all.

And yes, I'm stuffing this down everyone's throat - It is a very very bland design. People who think this is an inspiring design need to have their heads examined.

Not a single degree of uncertainty.

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 14:56
Ammo wrote:

haha wrong. But nice post proving your maturity. I stand by my initial thoughts.

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 14:59
DCR wrote:

RLX isn't ugly, but it isn't distinctive.

I find it pretty distinctive with the front fender reverse arch... creates some nice bulk and weighted look. I've never seen that on a vehicle before and I really like that.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 20:16
hey, DCR! Prognosticate on when they're going to finally boot that fat sack, Mendel.
Ammo
Profile for Ammo
Re: Acura Management Blew it again... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-19-2013 20:57
Sometimes pictures can be deceiving. I will go see a RLX in person this week when I go for service. I will keep an open mind.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0