[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Beat a Mirai to the H2 station last night New style H70 pumps
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> 2018 Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Spare Wheel Kit: Damaged Wheel
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: 2020 NSX Type-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Drove the new Mazda 6 Signature with 2.5 Skyactiv Turbo today
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Mishimoto Catch Can - What For?
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX Trim Levels
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Moto GP Spoiler
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: RDX Production Starts
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: iOS 11 breaks just about all Bluetooth Functionality, 2013-15 Accord—** UPDATE **
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Porsche Macan S weight distro: 56.7/43.3
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My NSX video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Electricity Supplies tight in Calimestan
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Any expected improvement in US Type R availability?
Join Discussion......
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery
TOV First Drive: 2018 Honda Accord
2018 Honda Accord Specifications and Features (FINAL)

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura RLX Employs an Array of New Signature Acura Technologies to Deliver a New Level > > Re: Additional pictures and opinion

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Masterpac
Profile for Masterpac
Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 07:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I was in TN yesterday and came across a transport vessel which had approximately 10 RLX's. I've snapped many photos and need assistance posting them here.

Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 09:16
Up load them online somewhere, view them online, right click them and copy link URL. Go here and in a MSG, type in " [I M G] past the URL you copied, and end it with [/I M G] for every picture. HTML. Very simple stuff. Do the [ IMG ] tags with out the spaces though.
Slawsk
Profile for Slawsk
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 11:52
Create an account at http://imgur.com

Upload the photos, and copy each photo's link and paste it (no spaces) within the quotes of [img=""]

Masterpac
Profile for Masterpac
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 14:24
Thank you both for your assistance...
Here they come...

Masterpac
Profile for Masterpac
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 14:35

Masterpac
Profile for Masterpac
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 14:57
After seeing this vehicle in person and after only owning Honda/Acura vehicles for the past 12 years, i would say that i'm moving on to a different auto brand.
This new RLX interior is impressive, and thats all it is from my humble personal opinion.
I'm dumbfounded that this new application of luxury has yet to implement a complete use of led lighting (parking lamps, turn signals, license plate lamps ....) ala Mercedes and BMW. Its a new vehicle, how much more would it have cost? Consumers would be paying $50,000 plus for a front wheeler, so where are the leds?
Observing the undercarriage, i noticed that Honda has moved from perfecting hidden parts designs to just hideously hiding them. Please look my the exhaust muffler for reference. What were they thinking? Even if hidden, they had previously managed to keep the exhaust attractive as in the 2nd generation Rl's. This exhaust looks cheaply made and poorly executed.
Now come to design, this vehicle looks very bland, and very ordinary in a parking lot. The vehicle's lines are smooth, but boring, and i see no room for modification or sport packaging.
For reference, i'll post my current car photos.

I'm not bashing Honda or putting it down, but even the 2009-2011 RL with the funny grill seems more attractive than this one.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 15:27
Thanks for the detailed pics. I know I always get excited when I see a transporter filled with any new cars!

I'm still wondering about the rationale for hiding the exhaust - some sort of rear diffuser and twin exhaust tips would have done wonders for the rear and would have visually connected it to the front. Acura did this well on the RL refresh. The red, lower reflectors just don't seem enough of design element to make them worthy of surrounding in chrome. That's pretty GM. And I don't see any additional aero bits at work under there...

That said, I can see Acura at some point offering an accessory rear bumper cover that includes a combo diffuser and cut-outs for quad exhaust tips - all bolt-ons. I'm almost sure that Acura is offering this option on some car right now?!

Your RL looks good. I'd like to see a side shot if possible...and what's that symbol on your plates?

Masterpac
Profile for Masterpac
Re: Additional pictures and opinion [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 15:42
Neal,
The symbol on my plate is Aviation Enthusiasts.
Here are some photos.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0