[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
This 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec is wearing an exclusive new shade of blue
More.......................
2019 Pilot gets upgraded with standard LED headlights and "Telematics"
Sources: 2019 HR-V adds Sport trim, loses 6MT option
All-new 2019 Acura RDX Makes Road Debut as Official Vehicle of Rally Cycling Alongside NSX Supercar
Clarity Electric still available for $199/month lease, but down payment has increased $600
Driving impressions: Hondata's FlashPro for the FK8 Civic Type R
American Honda Reports April Sales Results
Honda reveals Everus EV Concept at Beijing International Auto Show
RDX --> Re: 2019 RDX pricing?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Important Message
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Indy 500
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Fine Tradition of English Goalkeeping
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Harley's Demise
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Is a G1 NSX w/4AT worth the huge price break?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Monaco
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 Monaco Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla - facts behind the mirage
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Acura-when marketing went adrift
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda S660 Modulo X
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mobileye claims their system detected the pedestrian, even with the crappy Uber video as input
Join Discussion......
Integra --> Re: 95 GSR DYNO
Join Discussion......
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec
Photo Gallery - Some other cars from 2019 NYIAS
TOV Video: 2019 Acura RDX Walk-around with LPL Steve Hansen
TOV Photo Gallery: 2018 North American International Auto Show
2018 Acura RLX PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > All-New 2014 Acura RLX Employs an Array of New Signature Acura Technologies to Deliver a New Level > > Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

atomiclightbulb
Profile for atomiclightbulb
Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2013 13:38
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
From those who have seen the RLX in-person, can anyone comment if the rear bench can fold down, and in how many pieces?
aberabee
Profile for aberabee
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-16-2013 13:59
No folding rear seat. Ski pass through if that helps.
atomiclightbulb
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 16:45
aberabee wrote:

Only a Ski pass? More nickle and diming from the bean counters? Sorry, I had to say it!

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 18:58
aberabee wrote:

So the other day I walked into an Acura dealership and walked out with a $60,000 RLX that doesn't have folding rear seats. That's real luxury.

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 20:25
I don't know that fold down seats are a big deal in this class. The ability to fold down usually comes with a decrease in structural rigidity and more noise issues.

The RLX has some serious issues to criticize, but I don't think this is one of them.

SC

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 21:06
xBeastx wrote:
aberabee wrote:

So the other day I walked into an Acura dealership and walked out with a $60,000 RLX that doesn't have folding rear seats. That's real luxury.

If I wanted more room, I'd take the Wagon, or SUV. In this class, if you need more room, you'd use one of the other cars in your family.

jshaw
Profile for jshaw
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 22:28
sadlerau wrote:
xBeastx wrote:
aberabee wrote:

If I wanted more room, I'd take the Wagon, or SUV. In this class, if you need more room, you'd use one of the other cars in your family.

Or do what the rest of the market has done, and will likely continue to do:

Buy a 5 series (optional 60/40) or E class (optional 60/40) - both of them, of course, being the segment sales leaders.

Because if little things like split folding rear seats, which are offered or standard on many cheaper offerings in the market, are nicked from the car, what other corners have been cut?

Honestly, why buy a car that limits you? Sometimes, a purchase just happens on a trip, or someone wants to grab something from the trunk, during a roadtrip (I don't even consider rentals without some form of folding rear seats - luckily, the Camry and Altima have them).

Then again, this is a front wheel drive, V6 6AT sedan, with rear wheel steering, that has a larger turn diameter than a BMW 550 V8 twin turbo (and it gets lunched upon by the BMW 550 RWD with rear wheel steering). On a random note, a 550 with rear wheel steering has a smaller (measured by CR - not what Honda claims) turning circle than a 9G Honda Civic).

atomiclightbulb
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-17-2013 23:37
notyper wrote:
I don't know that fold down seats are a big deal in this class. The ability to fold down usually comes with a decrease in structural rigidity and more noise issues.

The RLX has some serious issues to criticize, but I don't think this is one of them.

SC

I was joking. Sort of. Well, about the bean counters anyways, since that is a common refrain in many of the threads here.

However, if luxury is about excess, and Acura has traditionally been about sweating the details of a vehicle, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a split folding rear bench. Also, as others have mentioned, it's available on the RLX's competitors.

While I don't view the lack of a 60/40 rear bench as a serious issue, it is one more thing that Acura has fallen behind on. Since the car already gets a lot of criticism, why not pile on more? Is Acura paying attention? Is anyone there awake?

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Does it have 60/40 fold-down rear seats? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-18-2013 00:06
atomiclightbulb wrote:
However, if luxury is about excess, and Acura has traditionally been about sweating the details of a vehicle, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a split folding rear bench. Also, as others have mentioned, it's available on the RLX's competitors.

While I don't view the lack of a 60/40 rear bench as a serious issue, it is one more thing that Acura has fallen behind on. Since the car already gets a lot of criticism, why not pile on more? Is Acura paying attention? Is anyone there awake?

Well to be fair, the RL doesn't have a folding rear seat either, so it's not a cutback, just a continuation.

For that matter, I seem to recall an Acura salesman saying that none of the Acura cars have folding rear seat backs. Doesn't seem right to me, but he brushed it off like it's never been an issue. Luxury owners don't haul stuff, I guess...

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0