[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
General Talk --> Re: Said Goodbye to the MDX Today
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Will Honda join Aston Martin and Red Bull with Sports Cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Z6 head studs
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - Toro Rosso STR14 Pictures
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2020 Honda Fit Render
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Facts about HMA - 60 years of AHM - 50 years of CB750
Join Discussion......
Audio & Electronics --> Re: Lynyrd Skynyrd
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kandi EV Approved for US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > TSX > > Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TSX69
Profile for TSX69
LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 12:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://www.leftlanenews.com/10-seriously-underrated-new-cars.html
10 Seriously Underrated New Cars
Acura TSX. Essentially in a class of its own, the TSX offers executive class luxury for about the same price as a larger mass-market sedan. In other words, think of it as a cut-rate BMW 3-Series for the price of a Honda Accord. European-style driving dynamics and a bundle of high-tech features make it a genuinely enjoyable 4-door for only a few bucks more than the underwhelming Acura ILX. And if you want to really stand out from the crowd, the “just right” Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a brilliant carry-all.

Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 13:30

Spot on. Too bad all indications say it goes bye-bye. I would argue the TSX is the best looking car in the Acura stable right now as well.

B.

Edward
Profile for Edward
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 13:31
TSX69 wrote:
Acura TSX. Essentially in a class of its own, the TSX offers executive class luxury for about the same price as a larger mass-market sedan. In other words, think of it as a cut-rate BMW 3-Series for the price of a Honda Accord. European-style driving dynamics and a bundle of high-tech features make it a genuinely enjoyable 4-door for only a few bucks more than the underwhelming Acura ILX. And if you want to really stand out from the crowd, the “just right” Acura TSX Sport Wagon is a brilliant carry-all.

Indeed, TSX Wagon is such a special car and it might not be repeated, unfortunately. I guess "special" cars do not attract enough buyers, therefore, disappear. Except for Halo vehicles.

RSX
Profile for RSX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 15:45
Today I drove my wife's 06 TSX to work because she had a 'snow day'. With the snow tires on it just plough's through all the slush and snow you can through at it. I have much more confidence in it than my 2010 Pilot Touring; albeit without snow tires. We have 136,000kms on it now and I can't imagine trading it until it absolutely dies.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 15:53
Yeah, light cars inspires more confidence. Its nothing new.

typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 17:25
Agreed. There's nothing at this price point that feels this nice. Was in Detroit at the autoshow yesterday and sat in about everything from $20-$50K with 4-doors.

TSX Wagon was great, a very nice ride, one I'd own in a heartbeat if it had a manual transmision. It's so good, I'm wrestling with getting one with the auto just because I like it so much. The Jetta Wagon was a turd in comparison even though it was nearly the same price. Doors much tinnier, sunroof air visor was made out of screen door material, seats already showing signs of wear.

Leaning the other way were the BMW's. 320 4-door with Sport package was very nice. Stylistically I like it more than a TSX on the outside. Inside it's a toss up each has it's positives and negatives. Regardless,the 320 is a solid $5-6K more consertively and probably $10K more with what most people would include as options (things like a sunroof). 3-series wagon was very nice too, but that will be considerably more than a TSX (closer to $50K well optioned).

TSX69 wrote:

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-28-2013 22:24
Brutus wrote:

Spot on. Too bad all indications say it goes bye-bye. I would argue the TSX is the best looking car in the Acura stable right now as well.

B.

But what about all those new Euro Accord rumors? Also, never has Acura officially said there will be a "TLX." There's still hope!

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 04:14
BachelorFrog wrote:

Explain women choosing heavy SUVs

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 06:09
FiSH-Chan wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:

High driving position.

I don't feel at all secure travelling in the middle of the air, but they do, apparently.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 07:15
Nick Graves wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:

High driving position.

I don't feel at all secure travelling in the middle of the air, but they do, apparently.

C'mon you Philistines, if you don't drive them quickly, the height and size do give you a sense of security - more real than you probably imagine. Just don't expect it to be quick or handle, and most definitely don't get into trouble in one. Till then, you're ok. :)

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 08:52
sadlerau wrote:
Nick Graves wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:

High driving position.

C'mon you Philistines, if you don't drive them quickly, the height and size do give you a sense of security - more real than you probably imagine. Just don't expect it to be quick or handle, and most definitely don't get into trouble in one. Till then, you're ok. :)

Exactly! First sign of trouble & it's screaming understeer - or a roll.

Plus you've got that nasty ride, exaggerating every bump & undulation in the road. I'll take my ol' 'Lude thanks, which even copes with floods & rough stuff amazingly well, as well as having fantastic good road manners. Actually, I went green laning in the S2000 once, just to prove it was possible...

Only one I've ever been in that was in any way impressive (and it was impressive!) was the Lexus RX hybrid. Seems like they'd got a very good balance.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 20:56
Nick Graves wrote:
sadlerau wrote:
Nick Graves wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:

High driving position.

Exactly! First sign of trouble & it's screaming understeer - or a roll.

Plus you've got that nasty ride, exaggerating every bump & undulation in the road. I'll take my ol' 'Lude thanks, which even copes with floods & rough stuff amazingly well, as well as having fantastic good road manners. Actually, I went green laning in the S2000 once, just to prove it was possible...

Only one I've ever been in that was in any way impressive (and it was impressive!) was the Lexus RX hybrid. Seems like they'd got a very good balance.

Never experienced Lexus RX hybrid but that was surprising.

So in the end the point is most people don't want lightweight (which is usually low) car because they are not confident in it.

Many women in my area choose SUVs (I believe it is about the same everywhere else) and many men in my area choose pickup trucks for normal use (mostly Toyota Hilux, and those always tip over or climb trees when it rains, because they drive them like sports cars, maybe too confidence?). The women (and men too) can't park those things and usually drive into other cars just to get in/out.

The rest of the are people like me, who either can't afford really big cars and think they are crap anyway. (If I had more money than sense I probably would buy a Hummer and try to insert it into my local multistory car park just to annoy people. Maybe bump into an SUV or two just to show who's boss)

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-29-2013 21:05
sadlerau wrote:

Acutally to be honest you do feel pretty good in that position when you can see everything, epsecially if your life depends on it - we use Hilux as intended, go offroad in muddy roads in highlands in my old job but still I have never gone fast in a Hilux -(most in my area people who have one don't even touch off road, they don't even park them fully into the grass when at the side of the road).

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-30-2013 15:20
Hiluxes & stuff are fine when used like the manufacturer intended.

Otherwise, we have double-decker buses if you really want to look into people's bedroom windows whilst passing by!

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-30-2013 17:58
Nick Graves wrote:

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-30-2013 19:16
Maybe the first generation but the current one received a HUGE slap in the face from the Accord Touring as its cheaper, provides better economy, higher performance for less coin.

~Patrick

EX V6 SLUSHER
Profile for EX V6 SLUSHER
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-30-2013 19:28
CivicB18 wrote:
Maybe the first generation but the current one received a HUGE slap in the face from the Accord Touring as its cheaper, provides better economy, higher performance for less coin.

~Patrick

Agreed they had to make the ILX for people to even notice the 2nd gen TSX, and then realize they should buy an Accord!!

Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-31-2013 08:38
superchg2 wrote:
Nick Graves wrote:

DROOL!

Yours,

Al K. Eeda.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-02-2013 15:19
FiSH-Chan wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

Acutally to be honest you do feel pretty good in that position when you can see everything, epsecially if your life depends on it - we use Hilux as intended, go offroad in muddy roads in highlands in my old job but still I have never gone fast in a Hilux -(most in my area people who have one don't even touch off road, they don't even park them fully into the grass when at the side of the road).

The Toyota Hi Lux is the choice of terrorists all over the world.

http://www.hilux4x4.co.za/views/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28026

It's one hell of a tough truck and it takes an armed Predator, an F/A-18 or an M1A2 to knock them out.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-02-2013 16:46
TonyE wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
sadlerau wrote:

http://www.hilux4x4.co.za/views/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=28026

It's one hell of a tough truck and it takes an armed Predator, an F/A-18 or an M1A2 to knock them out.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-02-2013 19:18
Looks like Toyota should just make "armored crew cab with machine gun mount" a trim level. It would sell like crazy!

jshaw
Profile for jshaw
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-02-2013 20:16
Third from the bottom might be a Tacoma :)
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-02-2013 21:02
TonyE wrote:

LOL off topic haha. yeah that was well known. It would take those to knock them out, either that or just the drivers themselves. (Self accident for those in my area.... too many. Although you might say that they would still keep going if the driver didn't take themself out). The one I regularly drove or ride going offroad in are those really old Hilux models. We use only Hilux or those 1990's Land Cruiser Prados and they really just keep going in that conditions.

In my area however they are the choice of car thieves. My insurance company blacklist them, and last I check most insurance companies blacklist because too many stolen but people still buy them anyway. :/

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-03-2013 06:11
I knew there was a reason I hated Toyota! :)
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-03-2013 14:54
typer_801 wrote:
Agreed. There's nothing at this price point that feels this nice. Was in Detroit at the autoshow yesterday and sat in about everything from $20-$50K with 4-doors.

TSX Wagon was great, a very nice ride, one I'd own in a heartbeat if it had a manual transmision. It's so good, I'm wrestling with getting one with the auto just because I like it so much. The Jetta Wagon was a turd in comparison even though it was nearly the same price. Doors much tinnier, sunroof air visor was made out of screen door material, seats already showing signs of wear.

Leaning the other way were the BMW's. 320 4-door with Sport package was very nice. Stylistically I like it more than a TSX on the outside. Inside it's a toss up each has it's positives and negatives. Regardless,the 320 is a solid $5-6K more consertively and probably $10K more with what most people would include as options (things like a sunroof). 3-series wagon was very nice too, but that will be considerably more than a TSX (closer to $50K well optioned).

That's what I also thought at the beginning, but with the paddle shifters it works just fine and you can keep your hands on the steering wheel.

IMHO, what its needs is (in order of importance)

(1) LSD
(2) A high output, 220bhp, k24Wxx ED motor.
(3) AT6SS

Nonetheless, as it now stands, it strikes a great balance between power, handling, efficiency and comfort.

I mean, it has a vacation freeway range (550miles++) far longer than our bladders (450miles).

And when the road gets twisty, it does very well. On the road from Grants Pass, OR, to Crescent City, (US 199, The Redwood Highway) the road gets really twisty, but my wife -the passenger- did not get sick.

She noted that the way I usually drive, she always gets sick when I go on twisty roads...even in the Odysseys. and I have to SLOW DOWN.

Yet the TSX is so fluid and smooth that I effortlessly worked at keeping a good rhythm the whole way and she enjoyed it quite a bit.

Me too! :-D

I think an MT6 TSX would simply be nowhere as smooth.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: LeftLaneNews: 10 UnderRated Cars    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-03-2013 15:01
xBeastx wrote:
Brutus wrote:

B.

But what about all those new Euro Accord rumors? Also, never has Acura officially said there will be a "TLX." There's still hope!

I really hope you're right and there will be an ED TSX wagon.

But, as I have a TSX, this really BAD NEWS for us... You see... I also had

CR-X Si
Integra GSR ( Actually 86 LS, 90 GS and 94 GSR )
Prelude SH
97 and 01 Acura CLs
RSX-S
( Even an EP-3 hatch )

So, it seems that when Tony and family love a car, AHM kills it.

Note: I don't know if the Vigor counts, but we'd had three TLs and you see what AHM did to the poor thing..

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0