[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
NSX GT3 Evo To Compete Globally in 2019
More.......................
2019 Acura ILX Arrives with Dynamic New Styling, Major Technology Upgrades and New A-Spec Treatment
Honda Joins with Cruise and General Motors to Build New Autonomous Vehicle
Honda reports September 2018 sales numbers
Honda recalling 232,000 2018 Accords and 2019 Insights for rear camera software update
2019 Accord arriving in showrooms by November
Is a base trim of the Civic Type R finally arriving for MY 2019? (More MY2019 info inside)
Team Honda Research wins ST2 at NASA Nationals with their NC1 NSX
TLX --> Re: My TLX so far
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: TSX @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: European CO2 madness and why electromobility is pointless
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: "2019 Toyota Supra Is a BMW Parts Bin Car"
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> DMV Stickers, we don't need no stinking stickers
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity PHEV Owner
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla’s Model 3 Is Becoming One of America’s Best-Selling Sedans
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Model Release Matrix?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Fixing SH-AWD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CR-V Hybrid 4wd iMMD
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: BMW Drops 3-Series Manual Globally... Audi A4 too...
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA finale
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2019 Civic Accessories
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Goodbye TL-S 6MT
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > TOVA Feature Car : The Honda Beat > > Re: nitpick for Wong

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 06:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
With every article you submit, I click a link (which is usually buried in the text) that takes me to the TOV Asia homepage, and then I have to find and click the link to the article. Why not just put a direct, easy-to-see link to the article? Are you trying to get more hits or something?
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 07:23
Actually its plain laziness. I have a template from long time ago that i just copy and paste and modify accordingly. Is it very annoying ? We are slowly doing up our new server so i am not really looking at changing the more mundane things like publishing procedure, etc.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 07:35
Btw, i have not been looking at hits or visitor counts for some time now. Honda considers TOVA part of TOV and a US based media. Initially it gives the other local media a threat as there is no way a Malaysian publication can get the kind of hits TOV gets as i was measured by TOV hits not just TOVA alone. But when Honda hit a low recently, we lost so much readership that even TOV + TOVA combined could not match the most popular site locally nowadaya so i am no longer viewed as a threat. Also i don't get to go for the exclusive things like tokyo motor show contingent as Jeff goes on the AHM ticket so Honda thinks TOVA is already represented (via TOV). So the local media don't really pay attention to me as a competitor. Good thing is i get to run TOVA in a relaxed way without worrying about hits and visitor counts.

Nowadays i use the hit counter to analyze what kind of articles readers are interested in.

What i am currently looking at however is facebook and my Honda Fan blog as they allow me to publishing ad-hoc on the fly. And to interact more with readers as well.

Rental_beater
Profile for Rental_beater
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 10:32
WongKN wrote:
Btw, i have not been looking at hits or visitor counts for some time now. Honda considers TOVA part of TOV and a US based media. Initially it gives the other local media a threat as there is no way a Malaysian publication can get the kind of hits TOV gets as i was measured by TOV hits not just TOVA alone. But when Honda hit a low recently, we lost so much readership that even TOV + TOVA combined could not match the most popular site locally nowadaya so i am no longer viewed as a threat. Also i don't get to go for the exclusive things like tokyo motor show contingent as Jeff goes on the AHM ticket so Honda thinks TOVA is already represented (via TOV). So the local media don't really pay attention to me as a competitor. Good thing is i get to run TOVA in a relaxed way without worrying about hits and visitor counts.

Nowadays i use the hit counter to analyze what kind of articles readers are interested in.

What i am currently looking at however is facebook and my Honda Fan blog as they allow me to publishing ad-hoc on the fly. And to interact more with readers as well.

This post should be the article. This post is TRUTH. I don't care about wishy washy crap from Honda that is all just mist and vapour right now. I want TRUTH and I come to TOVA because TOV is afraid to speak the TRUTH about a lot of Honda stuff. I want detailed engineering info/spring rates/vtec engagement windows/mechanical theory etc. and I don't get that from TOV.

Maybe you're right, where you are now, TOVA is relaxed and that is why I enjoy it more than TOV ;0>

WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 11:09
Oh wow, thanks for that honest feedback. I try my best. I think being in the state I am in, I no longer find any pressure to hold back in my views. So I just write what I think. Hope readers will appreciate it. I know I have been very erratic of late, sometimes doing up lots of write-up, sometimes quiet for months. It's just the reality of working life.
onetyme_sam
Profile for onetyme_sam
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2012 21:01
i appreciate these little articles and find them delightful you write up even if it is simple. i believe it keeps things interesting. i also enjoyed some of your comparisons with competitors back in the days.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-26-2012 01:58
Thanks !

carcrazy84
Profile for carcrazy84
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-26-2012 13:09
Yes, no complaints from me about the articles and content you provide. But working with website quality, it's just a pet peeve to have to click multiple times to get to what you want. Usually it's done by spammy sites to get more ppc ad hits with pop-ups and such.
WongKN
Profile for WongKN
Re: nitpick for Wong [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-26-2012 22:05
Yeah, now that you mention, I realized that. Actually I noticed that those 'spammy' sites you mention also exploits a forum board to beef up their hits and visitor counts. Usually they have very lax forum moderation with little or no policy enforcement. So once flame wars frequently starts and many people jumps in for an all out pissing contest and then their hit rate goes up through the roof.

This was what one site did and they claim 500,000 hits per month. But that site had almost no content. A thread on motor show girls with photos slowly released over a few days will nett them tens of thousands of hits, many are repeat hits, same member, viewing the same thread multiple times (I think nowadays google classifies it as 'viral hits' or something).

We (TOV and TOVA) knows this 'technique' but we intentionally avoid it. So far as I know, the TOV and TOVA hit rates are 'genuine' readership. For TOVA, I notice 'special topics' to be the most popular - the tech overviews of the engines, which although brief and not really in-depth enough for the really knowledgeable, are still the most popular. But they are usually 'exclusive' in that no other sites publishes to our level of details, eventhough it is not that deep in the absolute term.

Also popular are the articles covering the 'unusual cars', JDM Odyssey Absolute for e.g. The most popular however are those reviews with 'complete coverage' (i.e. as complete as I can manage within my limited ability/resources) so the 1G Jazz VTEC review was the highest.

This is why I am always looking to write about 'something interesting but unusual', like this JDM Honda Beat. I also feel it gives us a nice distraction from the 'pressures' of looking at today's Honda line-up. LOL !!!

Thanks for starting this thread and for the discussion.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0