[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
More.......................
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
Honda releases pricing and EPA information for 2019 Passport
American Honda Reports December Sales
American Honda Reports November Sales
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Swindon in peril
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Timid AHM marketing
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Pre-Season Testing - Days 1-4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Loses a $38 Million Liability Lawsuit
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Poor reliability scores for Honda and Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Honda JP Sales 2018: Hybrids make up 55% of reg. cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new sub-brand Honda e
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: My first helmet !
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Honda closing UK plant that builds the Type R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Original NSX prototype only had a SOHC V6 without VTEC
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumours that Honda will close its Swindon plant
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Sunny came home with a mission
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2019 F1 Releases/Launches
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Type R bike carrier
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Gollum
Profile for Gollum
A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2003 19:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Assuming the seating upholstery is alcantara and not suede (?), how has this material held up under ownership thus far? I am concidering the purchase of a Civic Si, but I wonder about moisture resistance and wear inflicted through normal use of the vehicle... Any info is appreciated; thanks in advance!
Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2003 20:04
I believe it is Alcantara. I know for certain that it is not real suede. Anyway, I have 15,000km on mine, and no wear to date. We have sold several SiR's where I work, and I haven't heard a single complaint about seat wear.

The only thing I notice is, when you first sit inside, you pinch the fabric a bit on the outer seat bolster, which leaves a bit of a wrinkle mark. But it brushes away easily.

These seats, by the way, are the second-best I have ever owned. (The best are on my wife's 03 accord EXL.)

Gollum
Profile for Gollum
Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2003 20:45
That's good to hear, thanks for sharing! I absolutely love the look of those seats - so much that I would choose an Si over a base-RSX on the seats alone!
Bollocks
Profile for Bollocks
Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2003 01:04
Good call. The Si has better seats, better dampers, and has more room than the RSX. The only thing missing from the Si is a 6th gear; this fucker revs high on the highway. I like it though; good passing power.
Gollum
Profile for Gollum
Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-05-2003 13:58
It couldn't be any worse than the previous generation Si (or the VTEC Del Sol for that matter). Driving 70 on the freeway resulted in 4 grand plus on the tach...

Anyways...

Now all I have to do is convince my Dad that my 4.0 is worth a new car...

ramatsu
Profile for ramatsu
Re: A Question for 2002-2003 Civic Si Owners:    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-08-2003 23:11
I noticed wear starting on the fabric seat insert in less than 3k miles on my '02. The wear was under my wallet, so I don't carry my wallet in my back pocket in the car anymore, but just the normal motion of getting in and out of the car appears to be continuing to wear this spot. It really bugs me, because the seats are so nice looking. (Although for driving comfort and lateral support, I actually prefer the seats out of my '90 si. I'm looking at the rails to see if they can be swapped...)

Very, very disappointed in the seat fabric. I was going to take it up with my dealer in case it was a "silent recall" if a lot of other people had the same issue, but if no one else here has seen it, maybe I won't bother. Wish I could find a good custom fit cover for them though.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0