[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2013 Accord order page reveals new Sport trim, confirms 6AT, CVT and 6MT transmissions > > Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6!

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

ZeRoDiSuTaNsU
Profile for ZeRoDiSuTaNsU
No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 18:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
No 6MT for 4DR V6 but looks like there's a Touring trim. I hope it comes with luxury touches like HIDs, larger tires/wheels, sportier suspension setup, and keyless entry, just to name a few.

The press release is rather misleading...

"The 2013 Accord Sedan and Accord Coupe will also be offered with a re-engineered 3.5-liter, 24-valve, SOHC, i-VTEC V-6 engine, paired to a new 6-speed automatic transmission or an available 6-speed manual transmission."

But not surprising...

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 18:38
I knew it was to good to be true. Guess I'll drive my 6mt sedan a while longer. The take rate on a 6mt v6 sedan has to be at least that of the coupe. Why do one and not the other. I am getting a bit tired of waiting for Honda to make a proper decent sized sedan with some torque and a 6mt.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 18:49
V6 model def need LSD for all that power.

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 18:52
This sucks so much right now.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 18:53
ZeRoDiSuTaNsU wrote:
No 6MT for 4DR V6 but looks like there's a Touring trim. I hope it comes with luxury touches like HIDs, larger tires/wheels, sportier suspension setup, and keyless entry, just to name a few.

It will definitely be the trim that has the Blind Spot Monitor and Lane Departure Warning. I really hope Honda has the push-button with smart key system as well.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 20:41
Also noticed no manuals for leather cars (v6 or otherwise).
djaaronk
Profile for djaaronk
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 21:13
Don't they usually introduce the 6-speed MT sedan a few years after the FMC...like MMC or something like that to create 'buzz'?

I'm just happy that theres a stick available at all.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 21:29
The 7th gen was the 1st and only. So I can't say if it is the norm or not.
typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 23:23
Sadly, this is what I expected. So sad, that Honda continues to build false hope that they want to build cars enthusiasts want.

When's Mendel going to get the ax?

ZeRoDiSuTaNsU wrote:

The press release is rather misleading...

"The 2013 Accord Sedan and Accord Coupe will also be offered with a re-engineered 3.5-liter, 24-valve, SOHC, i-VTEC V-6 engine, paired to a new 6-speed automatic transmission or an available 6-speed manual transmission."

But not surprising...

Powered by Honda
Profile for Powered by Honda
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 00:24
It seems Honda wants to push enthusiast sedan buyers into the arms of base model BMW, caddy ats, A4...

I've always bought coupes but I really wanna go sedan next. I am intrigued by sedans all of a sudden...for my first sedan its gotta be 6mt or 7mt...

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 02:39
Powered by Honda wrote:
It seems Honda wants to push enthusiast sedan buyers into the arms of base model BMW, caddy ats, A4...

I've always bought coupes but I really wanna go sedan next. I am intrigued by sedans all of a sudden...for my first sedan its gotta be 6mt or 7mt...

You know, people thinking about BMW would rather buy a 4door TL 6MT than an Accord ...

S600=Dream
Profile for S600=Dream
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 08:10
I don't think the Accords with a V6 need a manual, frankly.

In a four banger Accord, it's damn near essential because the I4 Accords have always been so balanced and great to drive, and pair well with that "feel" of a manual. Rally though, the V6 cars are too nose heavy to be truly entertaining, and at the end of the day you can just mash the pedal and yeah, it's going to go forward plenty quick. No need to be shifting around.

A 6MT Accord with a four banger makes a more appropriate enthusiast car, and the V6 model makes a better touring/commuting car. Touring cars do better with slushboxes IMO.

The personality of the Accord V6 has always been one of being a good cruiser, and the AT pairs well with that.

This lineup looks great to me!

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 09:17
I respectfully disagree. Have logged almost 90k miles on a 6MT V6 accord I can tell you it totally changes the character of the car and is very balanced in the fact that it is fast and very fuel efficient. The only downside is a bit of body roll. However I never expected an accord to corner like my SI did. I also never expected a car that can go through the 1/4 mile in almost 14 seconds at close to 100mph to achieve an average of 28.6mpg over 90k miles.

dootndo2
Profile for dootndo2
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 10:14
S600=Dream wrote:
I don't think the Accords with a V6 need a manual, frankly.

In a four banger Accord, it's damn near essential because the I4 Accords have always been so balanced and great to drive, and pair well with that "feel" of a manual. Rally though, the V6 cars are too nose heavy to be truly entertaining, and at the end of the day you can just mash the pedal and yeah, it's going to go forward plenty quick. No need to be shifting around.

A 6MT Accord with a four banger makes a more appropriate enthusiast car, and the V6 model makes a better touring/commuting car. Touring cars do better with slushboxes IMO.

The personality of the Accord V6 has always been one of being a good cruiser, and the AT pairs well with that.

This lineup looks great to me!

I love my 08 Accord Coupe V6 6MT with Navi. It is awesome. I was hoping to be able to get a 2013 (or later) Accord Sedan V6 6MT with Navi. The 2.4L is lacking at best. Coming from a 2.4L to the 3.5 is night and day.

Let's see.

2.4L 0-60 in 7-8 ish
3.5L 0-60 in 5.6

No comparison at all. Still unclear why people keep confusing the R and K series motors with those of the past (ALA B Series). There is NOTHING in common there. Just because it says VTEC doesn't mean that it's sport tuned, light, and revvy. The new engines are about efficiency and smoothness. These traits are fine with me. I would recomment that you just drive both back to back and you will get it. The 3.5L is the best engine I've experienced.

For reference, I've owned 93 Civic EX 5MT, 94 Integra GSR, 02 CRV EX 5AT AWD, 03 Accord Sedan 5AT, and 08 Accord Coupe V6 6MT.

I see in the list that there is a V6 with a 6MT. Hopefully we can get NAVI.

dootndo2

typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: No 6MT for 4DR V6! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 16:00
Really a TL 6MT? First, it's expensive at $44K, second, it's an ugly vehicle, certainly the ugliest Acura....it makes the RL and ZDX look good. Third, it's HUGE, not only in length, but also it weighs almost 2 tons (3858 lbs to be exact).

An Accord V6 6MT sedan would be great....wish I had bought one instead of my Si back in '07.

danielgr wrote: