[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 WC
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Neal's Fantasy Factory Hatches an Acura ILX 5-Door "Tourer" > > Re: OK, so THIS I would buy

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

mac_powah
Profile for mac_powah
OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 11:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So much more character - not that I feel the original ILX is lacking too much.
Nice work!!

Last edited by NealX on 05-03-2012 12:14
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 12:22
Thanks. I'm pretty pleased with this one because it is so much of a real solution that blends 3 qualities (sedan, wagon and coupe-ness) in to one. I looks like the real deal. Also wanted to minimize that Dodge Avenger moment (it's real) and bring forward the Audi vibe.

55K sold rather than the overly optimistic 40K, when utilizing Jeff's Fantasy Powertrain specs.

"All too easy..."

DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 12:46
I am extremely impressed with this one. Honestly, I think this would sell very well due to the added utility and good looking profile.
Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 12:57
Very nice! The hatch helps camouflage that obnoxious rear fender hump.

Now make one wiht a 6MT and NAVI!!!! :)~

iceman6
Profile for iceman6
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 13:01
Yup, me too. But make sure it's a HATCHBACK and not one of those 4-door coupes that have become so fashionable. 6MT is required, of course.
integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 14:13
IMO the extended lines of the hatch, make this look more expensive. I hope Acura listens to you, Neal...they seem to need the help.

What I don't think Ikeda considered was that ILX needs those larger wheels to carry the visual weight of the sedan, so it doesn't look toy-car'ish. And the door handle design is meant to continue the character lines by their position, but one handle ISN'T in that line - so it just looks oddly out of place. Ikeda should have spec'd different door handles and placed them outside the character line, but went with what was present in the other Honda/Acuras for expensive reduction - a bad application.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 18:46
Neal, you need to be on Acura's design team. Perfect combination of compact sport sedan and utility. I would definitely buy this if it was real...
dominik331
Profile for dominik331
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 20:07
Would you buy if it had a 150hp 5speed AT powertrain?
integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 22:47
actually, yes I might. Loaded but with sport cloth seats, and no idiotic red accents/instrument lighting please - even with 150hp and 5AT. I need a 5dr with good mileage.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-03-2012 23:01
dominik331 wrote:
Would you buy if it had a 150hp 5speed AT powertrain?

Thatís a great question and one that I thought about earlier today. Iíd like to expand on it a little.

The ILX has taken a beating here on TOV. Some think itís overpriced, short on power, short on features among other things. Iíve even expressed some concerns. Having said that, there are few people who claim they would buy a hatchback version today if it were available. As we all know, you canít have your cake and eat it too, so even if Honda decided to build a hatch it would most likely have the same engine choices, suspension, and features as the sedan. For those who didnít participate in the ďFantasy PowertrainĒ thread, does this mean you would overlook the other things? It seems that the car sucked as a sedan but with the 5th door it has changed some minds.

Acura, kill the ZDX and make an ILX hatch!

s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2012 00:14
I'll take one with the new ED engines, a 6MT or DCT, LSD and Navi please.
integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2012 00:24
I don't mind less power if the rest of the package is there. But you're right - its a good question to ask. For my personal needs, the hatch trumps a lot.

Ganplosive
Profile for Ganplosive
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2012 00:48
LOL I said the same thing after seeing it. This I WILL buy
Drum
Profile for Drum
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2012 09:05
This is my cup of tea. Way more useful than the sedan, better looking as well.

Make sure it has a 6MT and lets at least match the Accord for mpg (with the 2.4) - shouldn't be a problem with less weight.

Xeca
Profile for Xeca
Re: OK, so THIS I would buy [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 14:22
Wow this looks amazing for a hatchback man honda needs to get a hold of neal

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0