[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda announces changes for 2019 Civic, including new Sport trim
More.......................
When is the 2019 Accord arriving in showrooms? Maybe not until 2019
American Honda Reports July Sales Results
Official statement from Honda concerning flooding of Celaya factory
News from the dealer side: 2019 HR-V, Fit, and Insight production impacted due to flooding in Celaya
2019 Honda HR-V updated with styling tweaks, Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, and available Honda Sensing
2019 Acura MDX Arrives with Luxury and Performance Upgrades Plus First A-Spec Variant
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2009 Honda S2000 Edition 100
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Ridgeline outlasts Taco in Death Valley Torture Test
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: The FB Clarity FCEV group is full of shit
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> hodge·podge
Join Discussion......
Clarity --> Re: Clarity BEV
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Red Bull Racing Confirms Gasly for 2019
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Sat in an Advance - Complaints
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Cash incentives for the Canadian Accord?
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: CEL problems
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Questions regarding: lease, then buy option
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0 touring or TLX V6 Tech FWD
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Alonso Quits F1
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Alaska Airlines plane hijacked
Join Discussion......
Spy Shots --> Re: Honda Passport prototype caught in Los Angeles
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2013 Accord order page reveals new Sport trim, confirms 6AT, CVT and 6MT transmissions > > Re: I just don't get it

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author

JR's machine
Profile for JR's machine
I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 19:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Is it me or does Honda seem to do some of the most illogical things some times. So a 2013 Accord will get a six speed transmission but the Acura TSX and the new Acura ILX get five speed transmissions. Am I missing something here?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the Accord get a six speed. But come on now Honda. Really? Its not saying enough about Acuras right now.

Also, I hope Honda learned their lesson from the past. Customers who buy midsize family sedans want a hands free phone setup, backup camera and iPod integration as standard equipment. This is why vehicles like the Nissan Altima and Volkswagen Jetta are selling like hotcakes. These are prospective customers lost by Honda to other makes.

Standard equipment on the CRV is making it a hot seller. Although the "bubble butt" takes away from its attraction imho.

BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 19:52
Yep, the line-up and the type of options they have seems confusing. So much over-lapping...jeez
It makes me wonder why we need Acura after all.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 19:59
BachelorFrog wrote:
Yep, the line-up and the type of options they have seems confusing. So much over-lapping...jeez

Many of the markets in Europe and other places don't even have Acura at all. They just have super-loaded Hondas :P

I also agree with you on the confusing options. In Canada, the 2012 Civic LX comes with Bluetooth, but the Civic LX a few miles south doesn't have Bluetooth. They really need to fix this.

BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 20:18
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:

Many of the markets in Europe and other places don't even have Acura at all. They just have super-loaded Hondas :P

I also agree with you on the confusing options. In Canada, the 2012 Civic LX comes with Bluetooth, but the Civic LX a few miles south doesn't have Bluetooth. They really need to fix this.

They already fixed it by giving us ILX. LOL!

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 20:19
JR's machine wrote:
Is it me or does Honda seem to do some of the most illogical things some times. So a 2013 Accord will get a six speed transmission but the Acura TSX and the new Acura ILX get five speed transmissions. Am I missing something here?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad to see the Accord get a six speed. But come on now Honda. Really? Its not saying enough about Acuras right now.

Also, I hope Honda learned their lesson from the past. Customers who buy midsize family sedans want a hands free phone setup, backup camera and iPod integration as standard equipment. This is why vehicles like the Nissan Altima and Volkswagen Jetta are selling like hotcakes. These are prospective customers lost by Honda to other makes.

Standard equipment on the CRV is making it a hot seller. Although the "bubble butt" takes away from its attraction imho.
You may have missed something but... the 6AT goes only with the V6. The ILX has no V6, and every single Honda V6 since the TL MMC has got the 6AT (the RDX did, and you can bet the redesigned TL/TSX will get it as well this fall/next year).

You can also bet that the i4 ILX will get the CVT once the EarthDreams engines arrive (the 2.4L already gets 6MT). Right now he is aligned with the 9th gen Civic, as the TSX/TL (whatever mix Honda decides) will be with the new Accord.

BalIermd
Profile for BalIermd
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 09:31
JR's machine wrote:

Yup, Hertz, Enterprise, and Budget can't wait to get their hands on the Altima. And the Jetta? It's not even in the same class as the Accord so don't compare apples to oranges. Besides, while 15k units is great for the Jetta, it still sells mid-pack in the compact class. The standard equipment on the Jetta is not the only reason it's selling well btw. It's been Americanized and it's still fairly new.

Ultima
Profile for Ultima
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 14:25
JR's machine wrote:

You're not missing anything, just Honda's logic at work. Like the "flagship" Rlx being offered with a FWD standard.

TXsalesguy
Profile for TXsalesguy
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 14:37
JR's machine wrote:

USB is already standard on all Accords from the LX on up. If the CR-V has bluetooth from the LX on up, I will eat my hat if it isn't on every 2013 Accord. Not so sure about backup cameras, it is currently on Nav models, but every CR-V got it from LX on up, so maybe the '13 Accord will as well. I don't think the CR-V will outshine the Accord in any standard feature list.

CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 14:55
JR's machine wrote:

It's not rocket science as it actually makes a lot of sense. The Accord is one of the core products for the Honda brand and it sells in much higher volume vs ILX/TSX. Plus those vehicles were developed from existing technologies whereas the Accord is all new. With that said, it makes way more sense for the Accord to debut with the new EarthDreams technologies vs the Acura's.

As for Acura, I'm sure over the next 18 months the all new TL, MDX and TSX will enjoy the new technologies as well as the MMC'd ILX and RDX.

~Patrick

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 18:28
JR's machine wrote:
Also, I hope Honda learned their lesson from the past. Customers who buy midsize family sedans want a hands free phone setup, backup camera and iPod integration as standard equipment. This is why vehicles like the Nissan Altima and Volkswagen Jetta are selling like hotcakes.
I don't know where you got your information but they don't come standard, as you imply, on '12 Altima or Jetta.

owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 19:36
JR's machine wrote:

As Daniel said, the ILX and TSX (if it sticks around, which I don't think it will) will be getting new transmissions soon enough. They are going to drop an ED powertrain into the ILX ASAP. I would expect it no later than next year to be honest.

hondacura
Profile for hondacura
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 20:22
JR's machine wrote:

Yeah you are missing something... a brain.

You can't compared Acura TSX which is old to the new Accord.

Jetta isn't selling better than the Civic. Civic is hotcakes. Jetta is dried up pancake batter.

JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 21:36
TXsalesguy wrote:
JR's machine wrote:

USB is already standard on all Accords from the LX on up. If the CR-V has bluetooth from the LX on up, I will eat my hat if it isn't on every 2013 Accord. Not so sure about backup cameras, it is currently on Nav models, but every CR-V got it from LX on up, so maybe the '13 Accord will as well. I don't think the CR-V will outshine the Accord in any standard feature list.

I believe that Honda announced at Detroit that all Accords would be getting rear view and the new side view cameras. Now I have to go back and watch the press conference video to be sure, but that's one thing that stood out in my mind.

TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-08-2012 23:55
Jeff wrote:

I believe that Honda announced at Detroit that all Accords would be getting rear view and the new side view cameras. Now I have to go back and watch the press conference video to be sure, but that's one thing that stood out in my mind.

I do think they said rearview cameras would be standard in almost all their line up by 2013. I think the Fit will only have it on the top trim, but all the other cars will have it.
I think navi models will get higher res and multiangle.
I am pretty sure the side camera, lane departure and collision warning will only be present on the Touring, hopefully along with HIDs
Bluetooth should be available on all trims. Navi models should also get a 15gb or bigger hard drive (the ex and above might have the capability to store about 10 audio cs's (like the Odyssey).
I guess Pandora or other radio app will also make an appearance (not sure on which trim though)
If smart card push start is not available on ex and above I might go accross the road to Ford...

THINGS I WOULD LIKE BUT WILL ALMOST SURE NOT SEE :
Adaptative cruise control
Automatic wippers
panoramic roof
LED DRLs
Ventilated seats

DanielAcosta
Profile for DanielAcosta
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 02:03
TheGandalf wrote:
Jeff wrote:

I do think they said rearview cameras would be standard in almost all their line up by 2013. I think the Fit will only have it on the top trim, but all the other cars will have it.
I am pretty sure the side camera, lane departure and collision warning will only be present on the Touring, hopefully along with HIDs
Bluetooth should be available on all trims. Navi models should also get a 15gb or bigger hard drive (the ex and above might have the capability to store about 10 audio cs's (like the Odyssey).
I guess Pandora or other radio app will also make an appearance (not sure on which trim though)
If smart card push start is not available on ex and above I might go accross the road to Ford...

Automatic wippers
panoramic roof
LED DRLs
Ventilated seats

Our Odyssey EX holds 18 CD's (not just 10). We wish it had more, but not enough to get a higher trim model because we prefer cloth over a leather interior.

TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 07:30
DanielAcosta wrote:

Our Odyssey EX holds 18 CD's (not just 10). We wish it had more, but not enough to get a higher trim model because we prefer cloth over a leather interior.

It's 18 then? My bad. So far we have loaded only 2 in our Ex-l. Most of our music is stored on a usb drive...

Thanaks for letting me know I can go up to 18 though

tsxfan19
Profile for tsxfan19
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 08:44
Honda has already announced that all light trucks, Accords, CR-Zs, and Crosstours (94% of Honda vehicles) will have backup cameras as standard equipment for the 2013 model year.

Here's a link to the press release:

http://www.hondanews.com/channels/corporate-headlines/releases/honda-takes-comprehensive-approach-to-enhancing-driver-visibility-with-widespread-application-of-rearview-cameras

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 15:40
JR's machine wrote:
Just tell me it was not true that the 1 series got the new eight speed trans. while the 3 series made do with a six speed.

iutodd
Profile for iutodd
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 17:12
TheGandalf wrote:

Automatic wippers
panoramic roof
LED DRLs
Ventilated seats

I would look to Acura for those things. But that's just me.

xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 17:43
TheGandalf wrote:
Jeff wrote:

Automatic wippers
panoramic roof
LED DRLs
Ventilated seats

I think EVERY Honda from now on will have the i-MID screen with all of its features. DX models are probably the only exception, but nobody really buys them. The people who would buy a DX would more likely buy a used LX or EX.

As for the features you would like to see...almost all of them are available in other markets. Euro Civic has LED DRLs, Euro CR-V has a panoramic sunroof and adaptive cruise control, and I often see automatic wipers on many Insights in other markets.

benbess
Profile for benbess
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 19:12
The DX was killed on the Accord in 2007.

My guess is that the touring will having some of these features....

Even the "base" LX is pretty lavish compared to an LX in the early 90s...

benbess
Profile for benbess
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 19:24
You'll be able to get a 2012 Ford Fusion with a 1.6 ecoboost turbo + 6 speed manual trans (40 mpg hwy??) and a voice activated navi....

Wish Accord would do the same...

Thank you and congratulations!

Congratulations on building your own 2013 Ford Fusion. Sign up to stay connected to the all-new Fusion

MODEL
modify

2013 Ford Fusion SE 1.6L EcoBoost™ Manual

COLORS
modify

Exterior:Oxford White
Selected

Interior:Dune Cloth
Selected

OPTIONS
modify

SE Standard Package
Selected

SE Technology Package
Selected

Voice Activated Navigation
Selected

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 22:02
Building a Fusion provides us with information on how you want to see the all-new Fusion. Please note the information on this site is for research purposes only. The features for the final 2013 Ford Fusion will only become available when the vehicle goes on sale in Fall 2012 and are subject to change.

Ford: Thank you for participating in our research project, for free.

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2012 22:59
?40 mpg??
"Manuals no longer are the safe-bet mileage champs. They often do much worse, in fact, than today's computer-controlled, mileage-tuned automatics."

spyder5786
Profile for spyder5786
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 01:09
DrWhiner wrote:
?40 mpg??
"Manuals no longer are the safe-bet mileage champs. They often do much worse, in fact, than today's computer-controlled, mileage-tuned automatics."

"computer-controlled, mileage-tuned automatics"

My commute is 95% highway. Nothing to do with computer controls, everything to do with gear ratios.

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 01:13
DrWhiner wrote:
Building a Fusion provides us with information on how you want to see the all-new Fusion. Please note the information on this site is for research purposes only. The features for the final 2013 Ford Fusion will only become available when the vehicle goes on sale in Fall 2012 and are subject to change.

Some sales folks from various Ford forums already have dealer guides for the 2013 Fusion, they have confirmed that the Fusion SE, even with the 6spd manual can be fulled equipped with every option available on the SE automatic, even the self parking feature.

esboi84
Profile for esboi84
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 09:18
Rgist85 wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

Some sales folks from various Ford forums already have dealer guides for the 2013 Fusion, they have confirmed that the Fusion SE, even with the 6spd manual can be fulled equipped with every option available on the SE automatic, even the self parking feature.

how would that work on a manual? I'm picturing one of those automatic piano's with the clutch and accelerator moving on their own along with the shifter

NSXforever
Profile for NSXforever
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 11:50
iutodd wrote:
TheGandalf wrote:

Automatic wippers
panoramic roof
LED DRLs
Ventilated seats

I would look to Acura for those things. But that's just me.

Except Acura barely or doesn't offer those things.

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 23:16
I wonder why Ford only put the M6 in 1.6L T, but not 2.0L T?

CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: I just don't get it [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2012 23:20
JR's machine wrote:

The ILX is a 4-banger and therefore gets Honda's current 5 speed. This may turn into a CVT.

The J-series has a new 6 speed.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0