[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
More.......................
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Acura tackles Pikes Peak with 2019 RDX, NSX, and TLX entries
Honda Partners on General Motors’ Next Gen Battery Development
Trucks Set Records as Core Products Deliver American Honda May Sales Gains
First in a Generation: All-New 2019 Acura RDX Arrives in Showrooms June 1
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2018 French Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Volvo S60
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2019 Chevy Blazer Revealed As A Sporty Crossover
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: 1999 Zanardi NSX 6MT, 2008 CR S2000 for sale
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: Camera directed car toward oncoming traffic after windshield replacement
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Nikkei: Battery wars: Japan teams up for next-gen electric cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 World Cup
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Next gen RLX and ILX
Join Discussion......
Insight --> Re: 3rd Generation Honda Insight Reviews
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some juicy Acura info!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord 2.0T Touring or Kia Stinger 2.0T Premium?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Autobild report: Red Bull switching to Honda
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: JP CR-V to debut with 1.5L iMMD, 3rd row option
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Neal's Fantasy Factory Hatches an Acura ILX 5-Door "Tourer" > > Re: Too much like the Crosstour

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 16:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I guess I don't care for the long hood on a car like this.

Five door fastbacks look better with a short hood.. IMHO.

Now I know what it is that I don't like about the Crosstour... I just figured it out looking at your drawing.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 17:03
I agree. And on top of it, you have to remember that the sedan image my render repurposes had the front overhang intentionally reduced for appearances sake. Here's that illustration I made showing how they clipped the front for website use:

Last edited by JeffX on 05-07-2012 00:01
rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 17:04
There is so much to dislike about the Crosstour that blaming it all on the hood is like ordering a four course meal and only eating half the starter.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 18:44
Im a bit confused, Neal, by what you wrote. Did you say that Acura changed the image it put on its website by shortening the front end to make it appear better?

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2012 18:48
Incidentally, I don't think its anything like the Crosstour. That vehicle is just plain BIG. And the problem is its awkward proportions and too highly raised hunchback. Its ungainly as a design from so many angles that I doubt any update will fix that. Here, the ILX is planted with a substantial lower bodywork in ways the CT isn't, and this ILX has the raised aero look rear that doesn't look like an afterthought. I very much like this Tourer concept, but find the Crosstour a vulgar translation of the common idea.
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 00:56
Sorry. Yeah, I did mean to say that. There are pixel to pixel matchups that show the original (image on the left) was altered to create the image on right, which was then replaced by the current blue car image. The new image also sports the cropped front end. I'd say about 5-6 inches of front overhang has been removed. Again, to create a more positive impression that this is a 3 series and IS fighter.

But we're not supposed to talk about front overhang here... ;-)

rocky
Profile for rocky
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 09:44
Neal wrote:
Sorry. Yeah, I did mean to say that. There are pixel to pixel matchups that show the original (image on the left) was altered to create the image on right, which was then replaced by the current blue car image. The new image also sports the cropped front end. I'd say about 5-6 inches of front overhang has been removed. Again, to create a more positive impression that this is a 3 series and IS fighter.

But we're not supposed to talk about front overhang here... ;-)

Even Dolly Parton would be jealous of that front overhang

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 20:51
why are we not supposed to? pressure from the mother ship in general for certain topics or just the embargo?
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2012 21:36
If the "mother ship" has any say around here, I have never seen it. In fact, if there was any site that you would EXPECT to see some form of moderating about what is shown and said, you would think it would be at vtec.net due to the massive exposure here.

Nope...this place has always been wide open whether or not Honda likes it.

NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Too much like the Crosstour [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2012 00:04
integrator wrote:
why are we not supposed to? pressure from the mother ship in general for certain topics or just the embargo?

Sorry. Just kidding around again. A reader here recently said we put too much scrutiny/emphasis on that sort of thing along with other aesthetic issues like wheel size, fender gaps, etc.

You know, all those wonderful qualities of Tier 1, front-wheel drive. ;-)

Mother ship? TOV exists on an unusual plane...

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
30 mobile: 0