[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 08:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
:)))

Although it is still early days, I can't help feeling optimistic about this weekend! JV posted the highest speed and along secured 3rd(Revised:4th) place!! That should be a decent confirmation of RA003E's ability, but does this mean BAR's aero is okay? Could someone tell me? I think most of us expect BAR to perform okay at A1-ring, but the result is more than anything we fans could hope for. Kudos to BAR-Honda!!!!

Keep fighting BAR-Honda!

PS- I thought no one would be able to touch JV's position... obviously I underestimated Jaguar-Webber's ability.....

Last edited by SonyFever on 05-16-2003 08:59
rnd
Profile for rnd
Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 08:59
1. 1 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari B 1'07"908 229.334 Km/h 3
2. 2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari B 1'08"187 + 0'00"279 3
3. 14 WEBBER Jaguar Cosworth M 1'08"512 + 0'00"604 3
4. 16 VILLENEUVE BAR Honda B 1'08"680 + 0'00"772 3
5. 17 BUTTON BAR Honda B 1'08"831 + 0'00"923 3

6. 3 MONTOYA Williams BMW M 1'08"839 + 0'00"931 3
7. 5 COULTHARD McLaren Mercedes M 1'08"947 + 0'01"039 3
8. 6 RAIKKONEN McLaren Mercedes M 1'08"978 + 0'01"070 3
9. 15 PIZZONIA Jaguar Cosworth M 1'09"024 + 0'01"116 3
10. 11 FISICHELLA Jordan Ford B 1'09"281 + 0'01"373 3
11. 7 TRULLI Renault M 1'09"450 + 0'01"542 3
12. 9 HEIDFELD Sauber Petronas B 1'09"479 + 0'01"571 3
13. 8 ALONSO Renault M 1'09"680 + 0'01"772 3
14. 20 PANIS Toyota M 1'09"764 + 0'01"856 3
15. 10 FRENTZEN Sauber Petronas B 1'10"055 + 0'02"147 3
16. 21 DA MATTA Toyota M 1'10"370 + 0'02"462 3
17. 19 VERSTAPPEN Minardi Cosworth B 1'10"894 + 0'02"986 3
18. 18 WILSON Minardi Cosworth B 1'11"056 + 0'03"148 3
19. 12 FIRMAN Jordan Ford B 1'11"171 + 0'03"263 3
20. 4 R.SCHUMACHER Williams BMW M 2'00"000 + 0'52"092 2

OpenWheelRacing
Profile for OpenWheelRacing
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 09:08
BAR is doing well at a power circuit. That shows alot about the power of the Ra003e. I hope reliability is good for the weekend. I am also hoping no rain to spoil the weekend.
fcd
Profile for fcd
Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 09:39
Interesting. The new BAR has had comparatively good Friday performance. Then come race day seems like a different car shows up. If Friday is the only decent indication of car speed it seems like something must be really wrong with BAR's race setup/strategy.
Pocket Rocket
Profile for Pocket Rocket
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 10:13
You can say that again. Someone please bring my optimism down now because I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy inside! They really looked great today and I know its just Friday, but a lot of teams run light to secure good position for tomorrow. Has Bridgestone finally got an answer for Michelin? Only 7 tenths off the F2003. I pray for a clear podium and both cars in the top 6. We need the points. Assuming that the car is still average aero wise, are we starting to see Honda giving BMW something to worry about? Guess we have to wait until it counts on Sunday? We needed something to cheer about after Spain and I'm glad we got it :-) HondaPowah!
floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 11:04
7 tenths off the f2003 AFTER Jacques put wheels off in the grass!!!!!! :-))))))
Clarence
Profile for Clarence
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 11:11
A1-Ring is acknowledged as one of the 2 tracks with the primary focus on power. With a decent aero package and chassis, it seems the power of the engine is what seems to be putting us a few places up. Just look at the poor showing from Renault to support the evidence that power is essential.

While I don't know if they've made progress, this is one of the tracks that the (negative) effect of Bridgestone's 2nd rate tyres should be reduced.

As Honda fans, I think we should be encouraged by the showing of our engine in pre-qualifying.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 11:40
Clarence wrote:
A1-Ring is acknowledged as one of the 2 tracks with the primary focus on power. With a decent aero package and chassis, it seems the power of the engine is what seems to be putting us a few places up. Just look at the poor showing from Renault to support the evidence that power is essential.

While I don't know if they've made progress, this is one of the tracks that the (negative) effect of Bridgestone's 2nd rate tyres should be reduced.

As Honda fans, I think we should be encouraged by the showing of our engine in pre-qualifying.

I am completely agree with you, spetially on the tyres issue. Even Schmi stated to Autosport that Barcelona wasn't a proove of what the F2003 was capable of because of the tyres, and that now at A1 ring which isn't so tyre dependant, they'll manage to show it.

And yes, as a Honda fan I am really encouraged by this result, and just hope the end of the BAR bad luck in previous races.

Just one more thing. Nobody has said it, but as all the Honda team has said, it was very important to get a good position for tomorrow qualy because A1 is a dirty track and it would be faster and faster with each run. So I think they made it... I'm really excited for tomorrow and... SUNDAY !!!!

ldvknight
Profile for ldvknight
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 13:11
Well, here's my 2 cents. Hopefully BAR can qualify no lower than 6th on saturday and have a good enough stratgedy to get some podiums on sunday. With results like this and Honda Power behind them they better do no less, especially since this is one of those tracks that favor BAR.

Sadly though BAR has had great friday sessions this year only to come away with bearly any points in the race itself. Personally I blame it on bad race stratgedy.

Anyways, it GREAT to see two Honda's in front of BMW!! :) Maybe it will shut David Hobbs up...even Montoya said the other day after a team meeting that Williams no longer has the power advantage in F1 anymore because the other teams have caught up! GO HONDA!

civic_cx_92
Profile for civic_cx_92
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 13:44
"Someone please bring my optimism down now ..."

Okay
Australian GP BAR/Honda Friday qualifying 3rd and 5th yeah baby! VILLENEUVE ahead of M.SCHUMACHER.

How'd the race go? no points, zero, nada (ACK!)

I'm waiting for Saturday's qualifying before I start to feel good again.

neilap
Profile for neilap
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 13:49
I am not even going to begin this emotional roller coaster again. Its good that the cars are fast, but its nothing we dont already know. Hopefully they are prepared and up to the task this time around. Its one thing to be fast on Friday another to get it right on Sun.
fcd
Profile for fcd
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 14:40
The interesting thing is that saturday is no longer a good measure of car speed. But rather a measure of car speed combined with race strategy. Friday is the only day when teams are going to be running their cars with similar fuel loads. So for a team like Mclaren that tends to run huge fuel loads, crappy saturdays are to be expected, but crappy race performance doesn't necessarly follow.
magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 15:02
I will wait till sunday, to see our reality.

For now, I'm dreaming!!!!

GO HONDA!!!!!

floundericiousMI
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 15:27
I'll let myself be excited this time....they got lots of laps and ran well...I'm not going to hold my breath about them having woes..I'm just going to pull for them and see what happens
OpenWheelRacing
Profile for OpenWheelRacing
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 15:54
"emotional roller coaster"

LOL. Are you a girl?

j/k

HondaF
Profile for HondaF
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 16:18
For Bar-HONDA to deliver on a power circuit is terrific. Anything else for the weekend will be a bonus. It is not unreasonable to propose that the "slight advantage" in BMW power referenced by JPM might well be a "slight disadvantage" these days and soon to be a "considerable disadvantage"....yeehahh!! Go Honda!! Time for Hobbes to put a Honda Powaahhh logo on his beer mug
jfunk
Profile for jfunk
Re: Re:- Friday Quals    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 17:22
HondaF wrote:
Time for Hobbes to put a Honda Powaahhh logo on his beer mug

LOL, that's a good one man, but I was thinking more of a silver engraved flask (whiskey) with, "Down with Japanese race teams", unless it's Toyota beating Honda, and behind the front running European makes.

Pocket Rocket
Profile for Pocket Rocket
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 17:25
I'm dreaming of a white podium ;-) Gotta feel positive about something or it just isn't fun anymore. Love how speed cut off 16 seconds of JV's qually. As far as Hobbes goes, I feel sorry for all you guys who have to depend on Speed for all your F1 coverage. Here in Canada we sometimes have as much as 3 stations covering the race! I'll take Allen and Brundel of ITV over "Hangover" Hobbes and Rick DeBRUTAL anyday! For commercials I even watch the french coverage to avoid all the grunts and groans of that old buzzard! He's gotta be scratching his balding head over the power coming out of that BAR. I can just see him drinking himself into a stooper, wondering why Toyota were so slow and how BMW is slipping as the cream of the crop.
neilap
Profile for neilap
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 18:54
I figured that would get some reactions!!
magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 19:29
Pocket Rocket wrote:
wondering why Toyota were so slow and how BMW is slipping as the cream of the crop.

IMHO:
Toyota was slow because, I think, they don't have a good car, they have a wonderfull markenting department but not a good car.
BMW was a little slow because they are having problems with their chassis, I hear that they just hire their designer of the early 80's because they admit their problems with the chassis, also maybe the BMW is not as powerfull as they claim, again a wonderfull marketing department.

floundericiousMI
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 19:35
it's more likely Hobbs will say: "Wow....that BAR must be running REEEAAALLY light on fuel!"
floundericiousMI
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 19:40
to put another spin on it:

a "friend" of mine, a couple of seasons ago, when BMW were rumoured to have engines making 880hp (season 2001 and that figure seemed astronomical at the time) told me:

"There's no way BMW are getting more than 845hp...They're getting 875hp out of the BMW in Gerhard Berger's wet dreams!"

Good marketing indeed..also, once you hear even a little of the inside story....you realize how much (let's say "nothing") the press actually knows about the relative strengths of the teams.

pongkai
Profile for pongkai
Mark Webber!! somebody give this man a better car!    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 19:45
Way to go Webber. I would love to see what he could do with say equal equipment to Alonso's.

And regarding BAR, I am all smiles! I for one had high expectations for this weekend, and still do. On target so far! :)

Clarence
Profile for Clarence
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-16-2003 23:36
Given what appears to be an uncompetitive chassis (though admittedly Montoya had the fastest car in damp Melbourne conditions before power-oversteering out of contention) Williams and BMW were looking forward to the A1-Ring where they could use their "power advantage".

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

6th place?

I must admit BMW has not had any reliability problems this season, which can't be overlooked. But it appears the BMW-Williams package is weak both chassis and engine wise...

SonyFever
Profile for SonyFever
Re: It's SHOW TIME! ;-)    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-17-2003 08:25
Honestly I got too excited. However as a big Honda fan(, just as you guys) I am glad to know that RA003E is superb. That is encouraging enough. Of course, a top 6 will be quite rewarding to us fans.... but can they manage it?? (It seems like JV and JB adapt different strategy, again with JV carrying more fuel.)

Last edited by SonyFever on 05-17-2003 08:30

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0