[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
SPIED IN EUROPE! Civic Type R refresh
More.......................
American Honda Sets New June Sales Records on Strength of Light Trucks
Honda reveals refreshed 2019 HR-V and Pilot
Acura TLX GT wins class and places 3rd overall at 2018 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
Spied on the Street! 2019 Pilot and Pilot PHEV mule
All-New 2019 Honda Insight Brings Style, Sophistication and 55 mpg City Rating
It's Official: Honda to supply Red Bull Racing in Formula One from 2019
Will the next-gen TLX bring back double wishbones? Or a Plugin Hybrid model?
Type R --> Re: Type-R Fascia Changes spotted at Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2019 ILX
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Fuel Cell Technology --> Re: Marauding Mirais
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Such a damn nice car
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Munro says Model 3 has >30% gross margin
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Great lightning deal on Anker ROAV C1 Pro (2k resolution) dashcam - $75
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda new teaser ad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: New RDX vs NX Infomercial
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Civic Si 360whp One Take
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 3rd Generation Acura RDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Civic --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> 2001 Honda Civic non-vtec to vtec engine switch
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 WC
Join Discussion......
First Drive: 2019 Honda Insight
Read Article....................
2019 Honda Insight PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura RDX
2019 Acura RDX Features & Specifications
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX Advance
PR Photo Gallery - 2019 Acura RDX A-Spec

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Honda Announces Revolutionary Next-generation “Earth Dreams Technology” > > Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2011 08:25
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Given that Honda may not do a full model change on the Fit for some time, does this mean the next MMC of the Fit will get the new 1.5-liter Earth Dreams Technology engine--now probably rated at well over 120 bhp--with a new CVT that is better-suited for American driving styles? I'd buy such a Fit in no time flat! :-)
NorCalSales
Profile for NorCalSales
Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2011 10:25
MMC= Mid Model Change

You only get one middle.

Next generation Fit will certainly be in line for these in a 2-3 years. Every car in the next 2-3 years in fact will get some of this tech.

integrator
Profile for integrator
Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-02-2011 10:52
Honestly, I love the current design. So having another refresh in 2 years and extending the overall product shelf life of this iteration doesn't pose a problem in my view. BUT I would want to see a higher hp version than 120, and some performance upgrades in braking, suspension etc...
RayChuang
Profile for RayChuang
Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-03-2011 10:25
I think Honda intends to keep the current Fit body style for at least 7-8 years. As such, I expect Honda to do another mid-model change within two years, and the next MMC could include the new drivetrain I mentioned originally.

The Fit has one of the world's most flexible interior configurations, and its Magic Seat system allows you to create flat-floor cargo area that is nothing short of amazing. As such, except for the drivetrain there's no much you can improve on.

danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2011 04:26
RayChuang wrote:
I think Honda intends to keep the current Fit body style for at least 7-8 years. As such, I expect Honda to do another mid-model change within two years, and the next MMC could include the new drivetrain I mentioned originally.

The Fit has one of the world's most flexible interior configurations, and its Magic Seat system allows you to create flat-floor cargo area that is nothing short of amazing. As such, except for the drivetrain there's no much you can improve on.

I own a fit, 4 between family and best friends, and though I don't expect Honda to break new platform ground in the next Gen, I could mention a million things that could be improved. For sure at this point I expect the new model to rise the refinement bar and be lighter and more rigid, together with somewhat bolder styling.

All that said, I see no way Honda will keep the fit around for 7-8 years. Current model was introduced in fall 2007 in Japan, and the next FMC could come in either Honda's typical 5year cycle or 1st Gen 6 year cycle. That means JP intro with earth dreams stuff late 2012 or, at worst, late 2013. With the major MMC having taken place in Sept2010 though my (optimistic) bet is that the fit has joined the honda 5year cycle ranks, and will FMC as usual 2years after its MMC.

JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Next MMC of Honda Fit to get these technologies? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-23-2012 12:38
Personally, my reasoned GUESS, is that Honda will have six year product cycles and extend their sales by adding the Earth Dreams engines in the final years of some models (Honda Fit). New generation lighter cars will be more expensive to build and I think Honda will do everything they can to raise current model prices with technology and these E.D. engines, before introducing new models that are more costly to build, because they're lighter.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0