[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Is Acura going to reveal a new Legend at Pebble Beach this year?
More.......................
Honda reports February Sales
Honda revealing production RWD prototype of Urban EV Concept at the Geneva International Motorshow
BBC: Honda set to close Swindon factory in 2022
Nikkei: Honda enters agreement with CATL for battery supply contract through 2027
Acura Marks 30 Years Since Debut of Iconic NSX Supercar
American Honda reports January sales
Acura Marks 15th Anniversary of Super Handling All-Wheel Drive
General Talk --> Re: Honda / Acura Shakeup?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: How Acura orchestrated a massive turnaround with a renewed focus on design
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: I chose the Si over the GTI
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver's new site.
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: DC-R
Join Discussion......
Type R --> Re: Desmond Regamaster Installed!
Join Discussion......
Hot Deals --> Re: K-Tuner For Sale!!!
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> Re: Vigor @ NCCAR Apexfest
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Accord-based CT5?!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2024 Honda Le Mans Racecar.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: IMSA - 2019 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2019 Australian Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> 2020 Ridgeline
Join Discussion......
Passport --> Re: Built an Elite.
Join Discussion......
2019 Honda Passport PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
2019 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Acura ILX
2019 Acura ILX PR Photo Gallery
First Drive: 2019 Honda Pilot
2019 Honda Pilot PR Photo Gallery

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Professional Motorsports > > Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2003 10:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
;-)

"I'll trust that kind of observation to Steve who has the eyesight of a particular kind of rodent..."

*scratching head* what? LOL

and this, from another messageboard about that same quote:

http://formula1.proboards10.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&num=1052596293

Hobbs looks like Plato next to de Bruhl... that guy is such a knob.

I really like Matchett, though, very bright.

jono

Last edited by floundericiousMI on 05-13-2003 10:19
HondaF
Profile for HondaF
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2003 12:04
I must admit to wondering if those guys are drinking during the broadcast!!
Machett is quite good but does go on about his days at Benetton!!

neilap
Profile for neilap
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2003 15:03
These guys have a difficult job. They are watching what we are but having to commentate over it. Anyone who thinks its easy should give it a try sometimes. The tendency is to say the same thing over and over again.

On the other side of the coin. We do have some bone headed commentators. David "BMW Power" Hobbs and Rick (De whatever) are not the brightest bulbs on the tree. It would be nice for people like us to here to have more useful information during the races if they are going to just chatter. However I doubt that they are much more "in the know" than any of us. We deserve better commentators but maybe there just are any right now available to us. If the races were taped then I would be more critical of them but since they have to call it live then some understanding is deserved.

For instance, they suggested DC was overtaking JB on the outside when they came together. Well since they were only getting what we did what else was the assumption to be? Seriously, when was the last time a BAR outpaced and passed an undamaged Maclaren?

floundericiousMI
Profile for floundericiousMI
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2003 15:04
yes, but I think this quote was from the Saturday Qually session
neilap
Profile for neilap
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2003 15:19
I see your point.

Maybe because I doubt I could do their jobs is why I give them so much of a margin for error. I have had to do something similar and it was very difficult. They do it week in and out so they should be better. You are right about that.

Laenra
Profile for Laenra
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2003 11:57
neilap wrote:
For instance, they suggested DC was overtaking JB on the outside when they came together. Well since they were only getting what we did what else was the assumption to be? Seriously, when was the last time a BAR outpaced and passed an undamaged Maclaren?

My first thought on seeing it was that JB was passing DC and it pissed me off when Hobbs started yapping otherwise. Outside of the stupid repetions the thing that bothers me the most is their lack of situational awareness. What I mean is that they never seem to know the running order. How hard would it be for them to have the running order on a PC, as from F1-live.com, to let them know where each driver is. That way when the TV feed switches to a pack of back markers they would know who is who and when JB tries to pass DC they would know it.

Their jobs may be hard, but except for Machett, I don't think they do them well. Hobbs is the worst, I do suspect he is drunk most of the time.

neilap
Profile for neilap
Re: David Hobbs' quote of the day from the Spanish GP    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2003 15:48
I am not saying they are competent, just that its difficult to do what they do. We can only hope that one day Speed will be able to send their own crew to the races and then be able to present F1 to us in a reasonable manner. Until then we have to use selective hearing. I agree with your points whole heartedly, especially with Hobbs. We all know he has been in one too many wrecks.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2018 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
29 mobile: 0