Mag-X brings some 2012 Civic and 2011 CR-Z info to light
Date: May 07, 2009 09:51
Mag-X via Frank Oppermann
TOV Reader Frank Oppermann sent in this scan from the pages of the June.09 issue of Mag-X. I bounced them back across the Atlantic to danielgr, our resident multilingual specialist and he provided a quick rundown on the contents of these pages. He will provide more details (if there are any) after he has had more time to review what's said. Following is the e-mail response from Daniel:
Right now I don't have the time, nor the required dictionary to really go through it, but I can tell you what they are talking about in short.
Top-left is the CR-Z picture (the 21st century CR-X), from which they say:
- 1.5L engine with both CVT and 6MT available.
- Monthly target sales : 850 JP, 2500 Europe, 1500 North America.
- Expect to see a production prototype in this year's Tokyo Motor Show.
- Expect an introduction in early 2010
The rest, the main article, is about the next-generation Civic.
- (warning) Not 100% sure, but it seems that there will be a "Japanese version" with a body in between a 3box (sedan) and 2 box (hatch). The internationally sold Hybrid will have that "unique" (outside Japan) body. Otherwise, Europe will keep on having hatches developed within the Fit platform, and NA their traditional sedan and coupe.
- The hybrid will be THE Honda going head to head with the Prius, and use a 1.5L engine + motor ( I guess they are guessing it will be pretty close to the CR-Z unit...).
- Expect new Civics to arrive in 2011.
The old picture of the 72 Civic echoes their comments on the supposed "unique" styling of the "new JDM Civic". They say that at the time Honda surprised Japan with a 2 box FF car when Corollas and Sunny's were 3box FR sedans. So basically it's something like : "Honda did it again" (i.e. find their own original way).
I won't be able to tell you accurately about the part marked with with "warning" until tonight. They also say something about the TypeR, but I understand it sooooo roughly that I won't say anything about it.
Last edited by JeffX on
May 07, 2009 11:35