Date: January 24, 2009 13:33
Obviously things are getting pretty dire out there in showrooms across America, and Acura is not immune to this.
We have received credible information regarding Acura's production plans going forward. Below are some key points.
- 2009 TSX production ends after January. No more '09 TSXs will be built. Next production for the TSX begins in August, for the 2010 model. For 2010 a V6 version has been confirmed, but it will be available only in limited quantities.
- First quarter vehicle production has been reduced. Basically March's original production plan has been lopped off, and the total number of vehicles scheduled for January and February production will be spread across the entire quarter (NOTE: This is different than what I initially posted, I originally misinterpreted the information)
- Unless I'm interpreting my information incorrectly '09 RL production has already ceased. RL production will not begin again until the 2010 model production run begins in May.
- Delivery slowdown to dealerships: A 6-day (per week) transit delivery schedule has been cut in half to 3 days of deliveries per week.
- Only TLs and RDXs are scheduled to be produced during the month of April. The total production will be just barely over 1000 units, with roughly 65% of that total being TLs.
- Production will pick up again in May, with just under 4500 total units scheduled for production. Roughly 40% will be TL, 40% MDX, 10% RDX and about 10% RL.
- June production will remain roughly level with May, but the distribution is shifted around a bit, with the RL seeing no production, the TL seeing fewer units and the MDX making up a little more than 65% of the month's production (presumably the 2010 model)
- Acura Production for the entire 2nd quarter appears to be fewer than 10000 units.
- 2010 MDX will be the MMC model, appearing in showrooms in late August.
- 2010 RDX is also getting an MMC, and should appear in showrooms in the July/August timeframe. The FWD model is confirmed by the information I received.
Last edited by JeffX on
January 24, 2009 14:19