Editor's Note: We've just received a model change summary for 2007 Honda models and while there are several items we can't share with you yet, there's quite a bit of other stuff that we are able to report.
The 2007 Honda family of cars and trucks builds on the excitement of a tremendous 2006 model year highlighted by the introduction of an all-new Civic and Honda’s first pickup truck, the Ridgeline. Significant developments for the 2007 model year include the addition of the already-on-sale Honda Fit subcompact car along with the debut of a new CR-V later in 2006. The 2007 Element will be available in an entirely new trim level – the highly stylish and sporty Element SC that provides a sport-tuned suspension and exclusive interior and exterior features. For Civic, The 197-horsepower 2007 Civic Si will be offered in a four-door model for the first time ever. The 2007 Ridgeline receives a new RTX trim level that emphasizes towing capability and value. The Accord adds a Special Edition V6 trim level. The remainder of the 2007 Honda lineup remains largely similar to the 2006 models.
Fulfilling the goals of Honda's "Safety for Everyone" initiative introduced in 2003, all 2007 model year vehicles (with the exception of one specialty vehicle) provide a core suite of standard safety equipment that goes beyond existing regulations and includes side curtain airbags, driver's and front passenger’s side airbags with OPDS, ABS, and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) for all light trucks.
2007 Honda Accord
The 2007 Accord Special Edition V6 debuts in July 2006 with popular features that include alloy wheels, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc CD changer, and more. In 2006, the Accord received new front and rear styling as well as a long list of enhancements including more power on 4- and 6-cylinder models, more comfort and convenience features, and an impressive list of standard safety features that includes side curtain airbags.
- Accord Special Edition V6 introduced: new trim level provides a high-value feature package including VSA, 17-inch alloy wheels, rear disc brakes, steering wheel audio controls, 6-disc CD changer and alarm system
- New colors: Moroccan Red Pearl (Sedan), Cool Blue Metallic (Sedan), Tango Red Pearl (Hybrid)
2007 Honda Civic
All-new in 2006, the big news for the 2007 Civic lineup is the addition of the Civic Si Sedan. Nearly identical mechanically to the Civic Si Coupe, the Civic Si Sedan features a high-performance 197-horsepower i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine, 6-speed manual transmission, limited slip differential and a sport suspension. Also of note, a dedicated natural gas-powered version of the Civic debuted in mid-year 2006.
Civic Si Sedan
- 2.0-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine (197-horsepower @ 7800 rpm and 139 lb-ft. torque @ 6200 rpm)
- 6-speed manual transmission with helical-type limited slip differential
- Exclusive exterior includes rear deck spoiler wing, aero cladding and Si badging
- Deeply bolstered seats
- Standard 17-inch alloy wheels with 215/45 R17 M+S tires (summer tire available)
- Note from TOV: It's not reflected here, but Honda announced indirectly in a press release on June 22nd that all '07 Civic Si models would be equipped with VSA.
- Natural gas-powered version of the Civic based on the LX trim level Introduced mid-year 2006 (as a 2006 model), will continue as 2007 model
- Available to retail customers from qualifying Honda dealers in California and New York, available to fleet customers nationwide
- Can be used with “Phill” natural gas home refueling appliance from FuelMaker Corp. (available through qualifying Honda dealers in California)
- 1.8-liter dedicated natural gas 4-cylinder engine (113 horsepower and 109 ft-lbs. of torque)
- 5-speed automatic transmission
- City/highway EPA-rated fuel economy of 28/39 miles per gasoline-gallon equivalent
(Based on 2006 EPA estimates, 2007 estimates not available at time of printing.)
- Meets federal Tier 2-Bin 2 and ILEV zero evaporative emission certification standards
- May qualify for significant tax credits
2007 Honda CR-V
2007 Honda Element
An all-new variation of the Element, the Element SC, debuts with uniquely aggressive styling inside and out along with a sport-tuned suspension and exclusive features. Of note: all 2007 Elements will provide a core suite of standard safety equipment that goes beyond existing regulations and includes side curtain airbags, driver's and front passenger’s side airbags with OPDS, ABS, and Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) for all light trucks. The addition of these features fulfills the goals of Honda’s “Safety for Everyone” initiative introduced in 2003.
Element (All Models)
- Standard VSA (new)
- Standard side curtain airbags (new)
- Integrated front seat belts (new)
- 2.4-liter i-VTEC™ 4-cylinder engine with 166-horsepower
- Sport suspension with lowered ride height
- Unique exterior features include special grille, projector beam headlights and monochromatic color scheme with painted bumpers and trim
- Exclusive alloy wheels
- Unique interior features include carpeted floor, center console with auxiliary audio input jack, copper-hue meters
- Standard 5-speed manual transmission, 5-speed automatic transmission available
- Steering wheel audio controls
2007 Honda Fit
The 2007 Honda Fit is designed to take the subcompact market into new territory with its highly refined and ultra-adaptable functionality, sporty driving demeanor and high levels of standard safety equipment. Built on Honda's legendary foundation for dependability, quality and reliability, the Fit is a premium entry vehicle that emphasizes style, technology and value.
- 5-door, subcompact hatchback
- 1.5-liter VTEC 4-cylinder engine
- 109 horsepower @ 5800 rpm and 105 lb-ft. torque @ 4800 rpm
- Estimated EPA fuel economy of 33 mpg city / 38 mpg highway (manual transmission)
- Standard 5-speed manual transmission and available 5-speed automatic transmission
- Standard dual front, front side and side curtain airbags
- Standard anti-lock braking system (ABS)
- Power windows, mirrors and door locks
- AM/FM/CD audio system with four speakers and MP3 playback
Fit Sport adds or replaces:
- Steering wheel-mounted paddle shifter controls (automatic transmission)
- Underbody kit
- Rear roofline spoiler
- Fog lights
- 15-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
- Security system with remote entry
- 200-watt AM/FM/CD audio system with six speakers
- Cruise control
2007 Honda Ridgeline
Introduced as a 2006 model in March 2005, the mid-size Ridgeline brought a number of innovative and exclusive new features to the half-ton truck segment including an In-Bed Trunk™ and a fully-independent suspension. For 2007, the Ridgeline receives a new RTX trim level that comes with a standard trailer hitch and other popular features.
- Driver’s side illuminated vanity mirror added (all trim levels)
- Moonroof becomes standard on Ridgeline RTL
- Monotone leather interior available (previously two-tone)
- New exterior colors: Aberdeen Green Metallic, Billet Silver Metallic, Dark Cherry Pearl, Formal Black
- On-sale June 2006
RTX trim level adds popular features to RT trim level:
- Trailer hitch
- Gray alloy wheels
- Accessory grille
- Body-color painted door handles