Date: September 01, 2015 14:16
Honda Press Release
Sep 1, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.
- Honda CR-V breaks all-time record with 34,771 units sold, rising 2.0 percent
- Honda Accord, Civic and CR-V combine to exceed 100,000 sales in August
- Acura TLX gains more than 90 percent in August, with 4,353 vehicles sold
- Acura RDX continues strong run, up 9.5 percent on sales of 4,364
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported August 2015 sales of 155,491 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of 6.9 percent over August 2014, when the industry had one additional selling day and an early Labor Day weekend. The Honda Division sold a total of 140,178 units, while Acura reported 15,313 vehicles sold in August.
New Honda cars and trucks sold briskly last month, despite the calendar differences from a particularly strong August 2014, with Accord, Civic and CR-V easily surpassing the 100,000 mark in combined sales to stay on pace to top 1 million units and CR-V having its best month in history. Odyssey also notched a sales gain for the third straight month.
- CR-V breaks all-time monthly sales record, rising 2.0 percent on sales of 34,771 units
- Total truck sales were up 6.9 percent on sales of 63,897 with the all new HR-V crossover passing 4,500.
- Accord, Civic and CR-V each posted more than 30,000 sales in August, with Accord topping 40,000 units and combining for a total of 107,733 vehicles sold
"The shorter sales month versus last year obscures the continued strong sales momentum of core Honda models," said Jeff Conrad, Honda Division senior vice president and general manager. "We're working hard to keep up with the strong demand for our trucks, while our sedans continue to set the bar for retail sales."
Acura sedans enjoyed healthy August sales, strongly buoyed by the TLX as well as the redesigned ILX. The new RDX continued a quick sales pace, while MDX sales were slowed by short inventory. Total Acura sales are up more than 10 percent year-to-date.
- Sales of the TLX – Acura's best-selling sedan— continued on a hot streak, increasing 90.4 percent on sales of 4,353 for the month
- Overall Acura sedan sales gained 24 percent for a total of 6,202 units sold in August
- RDX sales were up 9.5 percent in August, with 4,364 units sold in one of the industry's hottest segments
"Strong sales of both sedans and trucks is now a reality for the Acura brand," said John Mendel, executive vice president of American Honda. "Our lineup has avoided the ups and downs of the market which is keeping Acura on pace for our best sales year since 2007."
Last edited by JeffX on
September 01, 2015 14:21