American Honda Kicks Off 2015 with Record January Sales
Date: February 03, 2015 09:59
Honda Press Release
Feb 3, 2015 - TORRANCE, Calif.
- American Honda and the Honda Division set new January records as Fit, CR-V and Pilot top prior monthly records with double digit percentage gains over January 2014
- Both the Honda and Acura Brands set new light truck sales records for January
- Acura posts best January since 2007 as MDX and RDX set new monthly records
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported a new January record on Honda and Acura vehicle sales of 102,184 units, an increase of 11.5 percent versus January 2014. Overall AHM light trucks led sales gains for both brands and set a January record, increasing 25.2 percent on sales of 52,169 vehicles. The Honda brand set a January record, up 11.6 percent for the month while recording sales of 90,202 vehicles. The Acura brand posted sales of 11,982 units in January, increasing 10.7 percent over the same period last year.
2015 began on a strong note for the Honda Division with record monthly sales for the brand, its light trucks and three key models, CR-V, Fit and Pilot.
- CR-V continued to build on its leadership as 2014's undisputed best-selling SUV in America, as the Honda's top-selling model in January with record monthly sales of 23,211 units, up 27.3 percent.
- Fit continued to bring record numbers of new buyers to the Honda brand, setting a new January record, up an amazing 85.8 percent with 5,802 vehicles sold in January.
- Pilot nearly doubled January 2014 sales while setting a new monthly record with 12,315 sold, up 97.9 percent.
- Accord sales of 21,011 vehicles grew by 2.0 percent in January
Led by record CR-V and Pilot sales, Honda Division light truck sales surged to a new record of 44,271 units, up 27.7 percent.
"The new year is off to a strong start with three core models selling at record pace, and this is only the beginning," said Jeff Conrad, Honda division senior vice president and general manager. "With an all-new HR-V crossover coming in a few months, an all-new Pilot debuting at the Chicago Auto Show next week and more big news on the horizon, this is going to be an epic year for Honda."
The Acura Division posted its best January sales result since 2007 on the strength of record sales of the MDX and RDX and another strong showing from the all-new TLX performance luxury sedan.
- MDX set its second consecutive January sales record on sales of 4,381 vehicles, up 3.3 percent. It was the brand's best-selling vehicle in January.
- RDX set its third consecutive January sales record, up 28.8 percent with sales of 3,517 vehicles for the month.
- The all-new TLX sold 2,892 vehicles in its first January, easily besting the combined sales of its two predecessors in January 2014 by 27.9 percent. (Acura TL and TSX combined to sell 2,261 vehicles in January 2014.)
"With a major mid-cycle refresh for the ILX gateway model on the way, it's great to begin the year with such strong sales," said Mike Accavitti, Acura division senior vice president and general manager. "MDX and RDX are packing a stronger 1-2 punch than ever to create new energy and momentum for the Acura brand that we look forward to carrying through 2015."
Last edited by JeffX on
February 03, 2015 10:03