Award-Winning Accord and Record-Setting Light Truck Sales Fuel Hot Honda May; Acura RDX Sets All-Ti
Date: June 03, 2013 12:38
Honda Press Release
Award-Winning Accord and Record-Setting Light Truck Sales Fuel Hot Honda May; Acura RDX Sets All-Time Monthly Sales RecordHonda Division sales up 5.2 percent
06/03/2013 - TORRANCE, Calif.
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported May 2013 U.S. sales of 140,013 units, a total increase of 4.5 percent compared with May 2012 (up 4.5 percent based on the Daily Selling Rate, or DSR*). The Honda brand posted May 2013 sales of 125,649 units, an increase of 5.2 percent compared with May 2012. Acura brand U.S. May sales of 14,364 units decreased 1.5 percent compared with May 2012.
- Honda light trucks post a May sales record led by record sales of CR-V (up 8.4 percent) and strong gains by Pilot (up 11.3 percent) and Odyssey (up 15.0 percent)
- Critically acclaimed Honda Accord maintains incredible sales momentum, up 11.7 percent with 33,218 units; Honda Fit posts a double-digit sales gain, up 20.3 percent on sales of 4,667
- Honda Civic continues strong retail sales with 30,268 units in May
"Looks like American families are preparing for summer road trips as our family-friendly light truck lineup posted the best May sales in Honda history," said John Mendel, executive vice president of Sales at American Honda. "Virtually every Honda vehicle we sold in May represents a purchase by an individual customer, which means Accord, Civic, CR-V and Odyssey will maintain their industry-leading retail sales performance in 2013."
- RDX sets an all-time monthly sales record and its 13th consecutive monthly sales record, up 49.3 percent from last May; is the top-selling Acura model in May with sales of 4,930 units
- The all-new luxury flagship RLX sedan, which went on sale in March, continues to gain momentum with sales of 273 units
"With the RDX setting its 13th consecutive monthly sales record we are very excited to be introducing the all-new 2014 MDX in a few weeks, which will once again give Acura hands down the best luxury light-truck lineup in America," said Jeff Conrad, vice president and general manager of Acura Sales.
*The daily selling rate (DSR) is calculated with 26 days for May 2013 and 26 days for May 2012. Year-to-date, the DSR is calculated with 127 days for 2013 and 127 days for 2012. All other percentages in release are unadjusted; see table for adjusted DSR figures.
Last edited by JeffX on
June 03, 2013 12:42