[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: 2008 Accord V6 T-Belt
Join Discussion......
Prelude --> Re: 2016 Honda Prelude for the American Market?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Remote Windows-Open Feature
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Beijing Auto Show updates...
Join Discussion......
MDX --> 2015 MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Direct Injection
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Crosstour's next-generation enemy: 2015 Subaru Outback
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: 2014 MDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > 2011 Honda CR-Z First Drive > > Re: Local Dealer has one

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

blue99si
Profile for blue99si
Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-28-2010 23:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Has been on the lot all week......Spoke with the dealer and he said that there had not been huge interest in the vehicle. Said that the Fit drew more interest when it came out.

Honda needs to get real and offer this car without batteries and electric motor. One version with an Si motor would sell like hot cakes.....I'd even consider it with the EX motor.

I have zero interest in owning a hybrid....I would bet money that a non-hybrid version with EX motor could end up getting over 40mpg and be a heck of a lot more fun to drive than the current vehicle. Why Honda over complicated this vehicle is beyond me....?
shingles
Profile for shingles
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2010 09:45
I think it is ENTIRELY way too early to write this car off. Have you SEEN one on the road? Have you seen a commercial? The point is: it is too new, there's no exposure.

I think the "get real" part might be you... please don't take that as me being rude or a smart ass. But in the short term, this is where we are headed. The EPA standards are forcing automaker to do this.

Plus, do everyone a favor, know the facts before you talk... drive it. I bet it is just as fun if not more so than your 99 si. ;-)
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2010 22:46
I've always hated these dealer-sighting-based comments, where someone tries to draw a complete conclusion merely from the cars they see at their one local dealership, but this one takes the cake. The car came out on Tuesday. You wrote the comment on Saturday. And you can't believe the CR-Z has been on the lot that entire time?

If there was ever such a thing as too early to draw a conclusion, this would be it. And that's putting it lightly.
blue99si
Profile for blue99si
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-07-2010 21:24
Some people are such a**holes.....there are now two CR-Z's on the lot....one Silver and one Black and the Black one is the same vehicle that was spotted several weeks ago.....Dealer has delivered a few that were pre-ordered. The Sales Manager that I spoke with said that the car has not been receiving the interest that they expected.

I have driven the vehicle as well. I do think the car is attractive on the outside. My problem is that for me to love this car, I would have to drive the car in sport mode all the time and in the end this more or less defeats the purpose of a hybrid. Eco mode is not for me. This car would sell well if it had a NA engine. I am not at all interested in the batteries, electric motor or added complexity. The batteries also will hurt resale down the road as the next owner is not going to want to pay top dollar for a car CRZ that has 100,000 miles on its batteries, being 4 years old...

Adding batteries and an electric motor does nothing for me. It is a shame that Honda decided to offer this vehicle as a hybrid only vehicle. I would have considered this vehicle if it were not a hybrid. After driving this car I am left scratching my head, wondering who Honda's target demographic is for this vehicle?
80honda
Profile for 80honda
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-20-2010 10:29
blue99si wrote:
Has been on the lot all week......Spoke with the dealer and he said that there had not been huge interest in the vehicle. Said that the Fit drew more interest when it came out.

Honda needs to get real and offer this car without batteries and electric motor. One version with an Si motor would sell like hot cakes.....I'd even consider it with the EX motor.

I have zero interest in owning a hybrid....I would bet money that a non-hybrid version with EX motor could end up getting over 40mpg and be a heck of a lot more fun to drive than the current vehicle. Why Honda over complicated this vehicle is beyond me....?

If you have ZERO interest in hybrids, why are you spending so much time going to the Honda dealership, inquiring as to the interest levels, sales projections, logging on to blogs, creating threads about hybrids...

Clearly you DO have an interest in hybrids because you spend a huge amount of your time obsessing on them.
80honda
Profile for 80honda
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-20-2010 10:32
blue99si wrote:
Some people are such a**holes.....there are now two CR-Z's on the lot....one Silver and one Black and the Black one is the same vehicle that was spotted several weeks ago.....Dealer has delivered a few that were pre-ordered. The Sales Manager that I spoke with said that the car has not been receiving the interest that they expected.

I have driven the vehicle as well. I do think the car is attractive on the outside. My problem is that for me to love this car, I would have to drive the car in sport mode all the time and in the end this more or less defeats the purpose of a hybrid. Eco mode is not for me. This car would sell well if it had a NA engine. I am not at all interested in the batteries, electric motor or added complexity. The batteries also will hurt resale down the road as the next owner is not going to want to pay top dollar for a car CRZ that has 100,000 miles on its batteries, being 4 years old...

Adding batteries and an electric motor does nothing for me. It is a shame that Honda decided to offer this vehicle as a hybrid only vehicle. I would have considered this vehicle if it were not a hybrid. After driving this car I am left scratching my head, wondering who Honda's target demographic is for this vehicle?

We get it.
You like cars like your tiny Civic Si that are rated LOW LOW 20s in the city.
We get it, MPG are not a concern for you.
We get it, if every car built by Honda is not designed around YOUR needs, you are going to bitch.
Blue_Sky_surfer
Profile for Blue_Sky_surfer
Re: Local Dealer has one [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-20-2010 18:32
To OP: why don't you buy a 2010/11 Si instead?
I think, by all you're saying, it'd suit you pretty well.
It's not like Honda doesn't give you any choices.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy