[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
General Talk --> Re: Some random NYIAS thoughts on auto interiors
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Bloomberg: ASIMO gives Honda edge in driverless cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Acura NSX....How it's going to be sold in the US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Any rumors about Honda F1 engine progress?
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: My review
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Converting to HID lights in 13 or 14' Accord...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura Style Magazine - Out of touch?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - megane 275r 7:45 minutes
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda FY14 production / JP sales
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 9th Generation Honda Accord Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > 2011 Honda CR-Z First Drive > > Re: compared to a Civic coupe?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-23-2010 09:59
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I like the review very balanced.

The body lean and Wheel spin got me wondering. Could the suspension be "softer" than the Euro version?
But maybe you drove it real hard as I can't recall a review with 30 mpg (~8l /100km?).

I have always wondered how the CR-Z compares to the Civic coupe. I suppose the cars will be next to each other in show rooms and on paper they are not to different.
So what kind of buyers would prefer a CR-Z to a civic coupe in NA and why?
Or could a civic coupe (not si) buyer care less?

I suppose the CR-Z to be more modern, refined and to have a nicer feel of quality. Or is it going to be about image?
80honda
Profile for 80honda
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-23-2010 11:26
Fan Koni wrote:

The body lean and Wheel spin got me wondering. Could the suspension be "softer" than the Euro version?
But maybe you drove it real hard as I can't recall a review with 30 mpg (~8l /100km?).

I have always wondered how the CR-Z compares to the Civic coupe. I suppose the cars will be next to each other in show rooms and on paper they are not to different.

I suppose the CR-Z to be more modern, refined and to have a nicer feel of quality. Or is it going to be about image?

I don't drive cars with trunks, so I would pick the hatchback CR-Z over the Civic Coupe.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-23-2010 16:27
Wow. I can be that simple :-)
rationull
Profile for rationull
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-23-2010 17:39
I'm curious about this too. I have an 07 EX couple with MT and was looking forward to the CR-Z, but like many others had hoped it would be either a bit more powerful or a bit more fuel efficient (or both -- but I would take one of the two :) ).

As it stands it seems that neither car is a significant upgrade from the other in any serious way. Time will tell though, as we see what kind of fuel economy the CR-Z tends to get in normal driving.

It does sound like the CR-Z's throttle response is more pleasing than the Civic's, though.
Spearsoft
Profile for Spearsoft
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-24-2010 00:43
The hybrid aspect to it is nice, I like that I can throw it in Econ mode when I drive into LA, where "spirited driving" is unheard of.

Frankly, as my current car is a 07 Fit Sport, I can put up with the acceleration, which is the only advantage the Civic EX has over the CR-Z. On the other hand, the CR-Z is LOADED, much better than I had ever expected for the price.

We just have to wait and see what Honda has in store for the 2012 civic to make an accurate comparison.

If it's an incremental jump as the 05-06 was, I think it will blow the CR-Z out of the water.

I mean, the HP increase was like 20%, and FE stayed the same. So, if Honda does keep weight and size in check as they have said they will, even a 10% jump in power will be nice to see with a bump in fuel efficiency.
Fan Koni
Profile for Fan Koni
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-24-2010 08:56
Well in regard to the coming NA Civic coupe in 1-2 years, surely with improvements on FE, I suspect the CR-Z then to be upgraded with Lithium-Ion Batteries.

I suppose the then new Civic Hybrid will have such an improved FE, mainly due to the new batteries, that the other hybrid models will shortly after also be comparably equipped.

Besides normal performance figures, I think "being different" is the most important motive.

Today and in future I do suppose the CR-Z to be ahead on styling, Design and Material-Image, but not on conventional quality traits as perceived longevity or solidity.

I suppose the buyer to be more like a person who looks at a mini.

Hopefully soon a few sales people could share their impressions of people looking at the CR-Z.
Tastycakes
Profile for Tastycakes
Re: compared to a Civic coupe? [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-24-2010 12:30
80honda wrote:
Fan Koni wrote:

I don't drive cars with trunks, so I would pick the hatchback CR-Z over the Civic Coupe.

Oooooohhh someone has high standards.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy