[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
Accord --> Re: Bad Paint on my 14' Accord
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Dont test drive a 2015 CRV!!!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumor!!! Ito out in March of next year
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Heard On The Street
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver 10 Best
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota Employees Approaching Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> They Got Us - Honda's Fuel Cell Vehicle
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2016 Mazda CX-3 Debuts, Already Owns All Other Tiny Crossovers
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: HR-V gets early reveal
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda is working on an A-segment car(Fit junior)
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Maruti's Swift, Nissan's Datsun fail crash test, get zero-star safety rating
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Future of sports cars
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Honda Link
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > 4th Generation TL > > Re: 09 TL Test Drive

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
PearlBlueVTX
Profile for PearlBlueVTX
09 TL Test Drive    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2009 14:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I took my 08 MDX in for oil change etc and dealer gave me a car to drive for a while.

I hadn't driven an '09 TL yet but there it was sitting in front of the shop ready to go. I didn't care what I got, just something to drive so I could get some stuff done while MDX being worked on.

I thought 'cool', haven't driven this car yet so might be fun. I haven't kept up on the list all the time but I knew there was negative feedback of the TSX and TL ... latter mainly on the nose.

I got it, acquainted myself with the car quickly and took off ... came to first stop light and turned green ... hit gas and spun the tires on accident. WOW! First reaction was I with my MDX took off this fast!!!! The rest of my day I had the car, I really had a good time driving it. The outside of the car doesn't bother me, in fact, I started liking it (will I get banned or spat on? ;) ) ... but what I liked the best was the way the car drove. It was just fun to drive, enjoyed the way it was finished inside the car. Only complaint that I can recall would be I like my MDX on the radio / A/C and how those work with the navi screen. The NAVI screen is better than MDX for sure. I had a 6ft guy in the back and the sunroof didn't help his headroom but other than that, I hauled 4 adults around with no problem and very good ride.

Anyway, I liked it - fun car for me ... really surprised me that I'd like it as much as I did. My 2 cents...
40mpg
Profile for 40mpg
Re: 09 TL Test Drive    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-04-2009 23:04
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
While you like the FWD, try test driving the SHAWD. You will be surprised x2. I agree with you that the car rewards the driver, not whoever see it. It's not bad looking, but it is not "wow" looking. The front just say: "move out of my way!", so that you as a the driver can push on the gas pedal.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0