[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura NSX Production Model to Make World Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
More.......................
Honda FCV Concept to Make North American Debut at 2015 North American International Auto Show
American Honda Sets New November Sales Records; Core Vehicles Lead the Way
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Civic --> Oldest Guy With An Si
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Oldest Guy With An Si
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: XR-V Patented in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 10-15 year old Honda or Acura?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2015 Honda F1 PU Update
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Turbocharged engines coming in 2015
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda/HPD ARX-04b Coupe
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: HAH the hybrid perfection
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Mugen RLX to debut at Tokyo Auto Show
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: F1 may change engine formula in 2016
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Ugly Stick Production Is Way Up
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: HondaJet
Join Discussion......
TOV Asia --> Re: Surprising N-Box Slash debuts in Japan
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The most beautiful thing in the world is...
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > Does C/D Really Have the first Photo of an undisguised 2009 TL? Nope, it's a photoshopped TSX. > > Re: not the car at all

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

mri1112
Profile for mri1112
not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 2, Informative) 04-30-2008 12:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
saw the car....3.5 w/280hp and 3.7 w 305hp....no mention of "S" Type at all.....the front and rear of the car in no way resembles the present car or TSX...larger than the present TL and present Accord....it is as drastic to the persent TL as the present TL was to the '03 TL.....20G hard drive on board for personal music recording ...push button start....
BB25
Profile for BB25
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2008 12:44
Hopefully it will get better mpg than what the 09 RL is stated to have 16/22 which is awful for a v6 w/ AWD. Any other info you can shed light on. By the way how did you get this info.
longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2008 14:31
larger than the present Accord? Hmmm, Imo the new TL will make the MMC RL redundant. That would explain the look of the RL,nothing to loose really from Acura's viewpoint. It will be interesting how many current 2 gen RLs get traded in on the new larger,and more in line with Tier 1 luxury TL.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2008 14:49
Given the TL's likely similarity to the Sports4 concept and the growth in D/E1 segment vehicles, that's been on the cards for some time. A sort of 'affordable' RL if you will.

Hence it will allow the RL to become a proper E2-sized RL, as it was originally.

I understand why Honda did it this way (E1-sized current Rlegendo) but it wasn't a brilliant move.
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
so SH-AWD is on the 3.7 version, right? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-30-2008 22:27
mri1112 wrote:
saw the car....3.5 w/280hp and 3.7 w 305hp....no mention of "S" Type at all.....the front and rear of the car in no way resembles the present car or TSX...larger than the present TL and present Accord....it is as drastic to the persent TL as the present TL was to the '03 TL.....20G hard drive on board for personal music recording ...push button start....

you can confirm that much? What about the transmission(s)?
Igore
Profile for Igore
Re: so SH-AWD is on the 3.7 version, right? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2008 02:54
I was about to ask if Jeff know anything about the new TL but he has to hold the information until a specific date to be released due to agreement or whatever with Honda. I guess Jeff doesn't know yet based on the question he asked to the original thread writer.
Nick GravesX
Profile for Nick GravesX
Re: so SH-AWD is on the 3.7 version, right? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2008 08:30
Embargoed information is not usually distributed this far ahead.

Unless it's the cynical 'scoop photographs' arranged by some manufacturers...
upstatedoc
Profile for upstatedoc
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2008 16:09
What do you mean you saw the car? If you really have been that close to it and you are anonymous, you could give us more info than that. The majority of your specs have already been published elsewhere. What's the term?.........nut swinger.
Nate34
Profile for Nate34
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2008 18:19
upstatedoc wrote:
What do you mean you saw the car? If you really have been that close to it and you are anonymous, you could give us more info than that. The majority of your specs have already been published elsewhere. What's the term?.........nut swinger.

Acura had a meeting in Louisiana (N.O.) a few weeks ago only for Acura GMs, where the 09 TL was presented by Dick Colliver himself, the specs were leaked to the press at that time. The ones who saw it are very impressed. This has been posted in different forums.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-04-2008 12:32
It has to look at least a little like the front of the TSX, with the new corporate power plenum grill and all, right?
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2008 20:29
the only part of the tsx grill is the very top thickpart....slight resemblence...beyond that not similar looking at all....but the front and rear of the 09 TL is very futuristic, almost "transformer" in its look....the car was shown in new orleans april 11th to acura dealer body....end of sept release
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: so SH-AWD is on the 3.7 version, right? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2008 20:38
they only mentioned 3 models...3.5...3.5 sh-awd....3.7 sh-awd...and it appears the 3.7 is only .sh-awd and with only tech pkge
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2008 20:55
the MMC RL will have to bump along until calender year 2010 when the '11 RL much larger and V-8 will appear.....since we have been told the new TL should be larger than the present Accord is may infact be bigger then the MMC RL too
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-05-2008 23:11
Did you like the way it looked? But before you answer that - do you like the way the MMC RL and new TSX look?

Dunno - I'm still skeptical - some who have seen it say it looks good - but that cheese cutter upper power plenum is not a good start...the lower opening from the spy pics looks like it's spared the 'wall of bricks' grating, but it still appears to have the same overall shape as the TSX and RL. The spy shots also reveal two side outlets or gills on the lower bumper, which I am thankful for because I like the way it looks on the current TL (and the Sports4 for that matter). Also, does the rear lights have the same 'arrow' shape as the TSX?

Thanks in advance for your contribution to the topic.
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2008 13:33
suffice it to say i appreciated the BOLD look and it is as different looking to the present car as ws the '04 to the '03...Acura will not be accused of styling the car bland as previous other intro's.....i like the back of the RL..the front is so so ..however again it looks better in person....at least its somewhat new and aggressive and people like something new....tsx is nice, wouldnt have minded it it being a bit more aggressive/different looking and more power of course...rear lights on the '09 TL are a cross between civic 2 dr and camry....bold...tilted a bit down toward center...red lenses top and bottom ...clear back up in the middle but taper extensively around the side almost to the back of the c piller..the car looks sleek from the side yet agressive, angular from front and back
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2008 16:00
Thanks for the reply...but I'm not sure if your last post helped alleviate or heighten my fears...
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-06-2008 20:17
mri1112 wrote:
suffice it to say i appreciated the BOLD look and it is as different looking to the present car as ws the '04 to the '03...Acura will not be accused of styling the car bland as previous other intro's.....i like the back of the RL..the front is so so ..however again it looks better in person....at least its somewhat new and aggressive and people like something new....tsx is nice, wouldnt have minded it it being a bit more aggressive/different looking and more power of course...rear lights on the '09 TL are a cross between civic 2 dr and camry....bold...tilted a bit down toward center...red lenses top and bottom ...clear back up in the middle but taper extensively around the side almost to the back of the c piller..the car looks sleek from the side yet agressive, angular from front and back

Question- If you had to compare one car that comes close to the 09 TL what would it be? I assume it will emulate some sort of BMW/Audi design theme.
FMKorg
Profile for FMKorg
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2008 03:43
Mri112 Am I wrong to assume that the shape of the rear will be similar to the GS350/Maxima ala a round fat hatch back look. I say that because the spy shots give me that impression.

Also what about the side profile of the car are there any creases, lines, any kind of chiseled sculpted look. Are the sides plain and smooth like say the GS or more chiseled like the C class.

thanks
BB25
Profile for BB25
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-07-2008 16:08
How about transmission choices, epa mpg, torque numbers, weight. Any other info.
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-09-2008 09:08
Mri112- Don't leave us ...............................Give us as much as you can- Thanks
blackstripe77
Profile for blackstripe77
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 08:59
I think the largest problem with the power plenum grill is that it looks very tacked on. Although it seems that the MMC RL was designed in the US, I'm not sure how they got it so horribly wrong, although they did have to base it on the Honda-designed Legend. Ignoring that for the moment, the new TSX was most likely designed with a regular Honda grill, replaced with the power plenum when it hit US shores. If the TL was design with the grill from the very start, hopefully it will look more coherent. Kind of like with the MDX , I guess. Though I don't like it from the pictures and have never seen it in the flesh, it seems like that design was more popular.
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 11:16
the car has no hatchback look at all.....from the side it is quite sleek looking ...sharp contrast from front and rear views which are very hight tech futuristic looking...the trunk lid has a bit of a dip in the center.....the rear lights and the rear bumper make the back panel of the trunk lid almost the shape of the grill.....5 sided.....topped off by a small lip spoiler on the tech model...the rear spoiler also has a crease in the center of the trunk dip.....the rear tail light form the side tapers greatly and almost reaches up the side to the rear of the c pillar.....
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 11:17
other than the engine choices and SH-awd..no specs were given.....
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 11:21
dont recall body lines...the car...however interesting to note seemed to have TSX type front fender flares but rear were non-existant......there was a flow from the side ranging from lower front to raised rear similar to existing TL.....surpsing also does seem to make presnet TL look automatcially old as did the '04 did to the '3's and older bodies....just to say a completely different looking car from the present TL......
mri1112
Profile for mri1112
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 14:43
meant to say it does NOT make the '08 TL look old....its just very very different looking
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-10-2008 20:01
mri1112 wrote:
meant to say it does NOT make the '08 TL look old....its just very very different looking

Thanks for being a team player for us. Did you you get a peek inside? Does the dash have the new Accord look or something different. How much bigger does the car look over the Accord? and what color was it.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-11-2008 09:52
Oh and what about the front headlights? Do they have a kink in them like the TSX? They seem rather large from the spy pics...
FMKorg
Profile for FMKorg
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-14-2008 03:52
Thanks for the reply mri1112 I think I understand what you are describing it sounds very similar to the sports 4 concept except the tail lights extend almost to the c pillar and they added a dip in the center of the trunk lid. I assume the tail lights are LED and from what you're describing there is a Civic coupe/Camry/Lexus IS type slanted tail light design.

p.s I didn't realize the sports 4 concept had the power plenum grill but it looks fine on it. Blackstripe 77 is right when its designed with it in mind it looks fine.
PGH
Profile for PGH
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-15-2008 13:01
mri1112 wrote:

Mri1112- Just a little more info please. I assume we should be getting some better spy shots of the car in a month or so. Brenda P- are you out looking?
FMKorg
Profile for FMKorg
Re: not the car at all [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-19-2008 04:39
Just saw the new spy pics good job mri112! Your description of the rear was perfect.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0