[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
More.......................
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
More.......................
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
More.......................
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
More.......................
General Talk --> Re: Z06 at the Nurburgring
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2015 Euro CR-V Good News!
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Honda FCEV Concept
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: 2015 Mclaren Honda
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Picked up my GLM V6 Tech!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Tech vs Accord CVT Touring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Kurdish Mad Max war vehicles
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Update on the HR-V
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - teaser video
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Sales are up
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Heading to a CR-V Preview tomorrow. What do you want to see?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: INDYCAR--Pagenaud defects! What is HPD's future?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Honda F1 Leadership?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
nickpo
Profile for nickpo
I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2008 15:47
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.
HondaEh!
Profile for HondaEh!
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2008 16:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
So why did you buy then 08 Accord?
I still enjoy my 04 and have no intention to replace it with this crappy car. It is big, it is ugly, it is thirsty.
Yeah, change holder and two tier centre console are really good. Cup holders on 04 are very good I would just ad some kind of lid. Even new Mercedes C-class have them without lid for NA market. That is what happens when mediocre drives demand. You just HAVE to drink all the time, right?
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold    (Score: 0, Inflammatory) 01-13-2008 16:44
 
This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
nickpo
Profile for nickpo
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2008 17:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I got rid of my 04 because some guy ran a stop sign and Tboned me while he was going 30 miles per hour and totalled my car with my son in the back seat. Is that a good enough reason for you???
BlowYourI4
Profile for BlowYourI4
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-13-2008 22:17
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Odyssey500 wrote:
HondaEh! wrote:
I still enjoy my 04 and have no intention to replace it with this crappy car. I]


This post shows ignorance and jealousy. The new car is better than your car in every single way. WHo cares if they got rid of a fu**ing coin "holder." Every Honda has lost it with an FMC. Btw, your Accord is not beautiful by any means, the 08 has been praised for its BMW'like syling somthing you'll car will never have and it is faster too. Before I call a car crappy I would do some research.




It;s crappy for Honda's standards. ?you see, Honda has raised the bar so high that everyone can recognize when something is amiss. This kind of scrutiny is no un-common for Honda but for domestics, it's abnormal so don't get bent out of shape when a porky FM like 2008 that has yielded the same fuel economy as the 7th gen and is actually slower or about the same, not faster then the 7th gen in all the tests I have seen..It's still a Honda so it comes with some assurance of reliability but you are going to get the inevitable comparisons and so far the edge goes to the 7th gen.

What did you expect??

They did not even improve on the NVH or noise control unless you're at highway speeds.. how often is that? for me, it's about 1% of the time.

Looks are subjective. It doesn't look better then the BMW 3 and 5 series that a lot of people say it looks like..It's a copy scheme like the Hyundai Sonata did with the Accords in rear styling..

Where do you get that the 8th gen is following Honda's tradition of continuous improvement? The word 'crappy' is not out of the realm of possibility when you are talking about Honda's standards. Perhaps you are not aware of all of this?!
mobomofo
Profile for mobomofo
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 08:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
nickpo wrote:
I got rid of my 04 because some guy ran a stop sign and Tboned me while he was going 30 miles per hour and totalled my car with my son in the back seat. Is that a good enough reason for you???


I hope that asshole paid through the nose
luder715
Profile for luder715
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 08:45
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Wait, So the new Accord is a crappy car because it doesn't have big enough cupholders for your super sized drink from McDonalds? Go eat your super sized value meal and stop by your nearest Ford or GM dealer where they have 50 ugly ass i looking cupholders in each car without covers. Judging a car on cupholders is ridiclous, I actually like less if any, cause I don't eat in my car. So from this I take it you would rather have a car with a bad engine and everything else but have deep exposed cupholders. Make sense I don't think so
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 09:28
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
luder715 wrote:
Wait, So the new Accord is a crappy car because it doesn't have big enough cupholders for your super sized drink from McDonalds? Go eat your super sized value meal and stop by your nearest Ford or GM dealer where they have 50 ugly ass i looking cupholders in each car without covers. Judging a car on cupholders is ridiclous, I actually like less if any, cause I don't eat in my car. So from this I take it you would rather have a car with a bad engine and everything else but have deep exposed cupholders. Make sense I don't think so


The unfortunate reality here is that for North Americans, more value is put in number and functionality of cup holders than in fuel economy. The mentality is much different than in many European countries.
mobomofo
Profile for mobomofo
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 09:51
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
luder715 wrote:
I actually like less if any, cause I don't eat in my car


I don't drink in my car, but I need something to hold my coffee as there is no cafeteria where I work.

It would be stupid to hold it in my hand or lap.
05accordCoupe
Profile for 05accordCoupe
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 10:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
wow, talk about people getting defensive over nothing. I think the main point of this thread was to explain that even the little things on the new accord didnt improve in the fmc. I think alot of people are big 7th gen fans and the fact that honda didnt improve on the greatness of the 7th gen but made a completely different car instead is upsetting. I agree. i think honda shouldve look towards the 90s and did what the did with the civic and the prelude. a gradual transition would've been more accepted by honda enthusiasts than a complete evolution. Honda needs to take tips from high end companies like porsche that change slowly and overtime, keeping that untouched by time feel.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 12:18
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
05accordCoupe wrote:
wow, talk about people getting defensive over nothing. I think the main point of this thread was to explain that even the little things on the new accord didnt improve in the fmc. I think alot of people are big 7th gen fans and the fact that honda didnt improve on the greatness of the 7th gen but made a completely different car instead is upsetting. I agree. i think honda shouldve look towards the 90s and did what the did with the civic and the prelude. a gradual transition would've been more accepted by honda enthusiasts than a complete evolution. Honda needs to take tips from high end companies like porsche that change slowly and overtime, keeping that untouched by time feel.


Actually, I disagree. The Porsche Carrera has been unchanged for over 40 years, and is the perfect example of lazy designers. Incremental change is good, but come on, 4 decades?? How about designing a Carrera that looks like it belongs in the right decade? And the engine is still in the wrong place. If the Cayman was designed with the Carrera's flat6 it would most likely be even faster.
Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 12:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
nickpo wrote:
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.

I didn't notice the new cup holders. I think the design used in the 7th gen Accord and 8th gen Civic are perfect, and I'm surprised Honda didn't recognize that perfection. Oh well, it gives them a chance to go back to the future at the MMC.
mbrowning27
Profile for mbrowning27
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 13:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
CarPhreakD wrote:
05accordCoupe wrote:
wow, talk about people getting defensive over nothing. I think the main point of this thread was to explain that even the little things on the new accord didnt improve in the fmc. I think alot of people are big 7th gen fans and the fact that honda didnt improve on the greatness of the 7th gen but made a completely different car instead is upsetting. I agree. i think honda shouldve look towards the 90s and did what the did with the civic and the prelude. a gradual transition would've been more accepted by honda enthusiasts than a complete evolution. Honda needs to take tips from high end companies like porsche that change slowly and overtime, keeping that untouched by time feel.


Actually, I disagree. The Porsche Carrera has been unchanged for over 40 years, and is the perfect example of lazy designers. Incremental change is good, but come on, 4 decades?? How about designing a Carrera that looks like it belongs in the right decade? And the engine is still in the wrong place. If the Cayman was designed with the Carrera's flat6 it would most likely be even faster.


I disagree, too. It was the fact that the Accord changed so much that made me interested in the first place. I was never interested in any other generation Accord at any time in the past. The 08s cup holders are just fine.. in fact they are leaps and bounds better than my 99 ML430.

Change slowly over time.. yeah.. that's why the Mercedes E class has sold so well, and why you can get a 2008 Acura TL w/ navi for less than a 2008 Accord EX-L V6 with navi.
Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 13:31
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm puzzled. How did this post get twisted into a condemnation of the entire 8th Gen Accord?
nickpo wrote:
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.

nickpo
Profile for nickpo
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 17:10
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Happiness wrote:
I'm puzzled. How did this post get twisted into a condemnation of the entire 8th Gen Accord?
nickpo wrote:
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.



Good question. I guess I forgot to specifically mention that I love everything else about it, just miss my cup holders and change sorter. Tough crowd in here today.
Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 18:05
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
nickpo, you're absolutely right. The libs are making another Clintonesque power grab with their propped up wisp, Barack Obama. Downgrading the cup holders and completely removing the coin sorter from the new Accord are clear signs of Honda's capitulation to the progressive movement.

What's next, claims of "powerful performance" from a hybrid sports car? You Maniacs! Ah, damn you! God damn you all to hell!
HondaMotorCo007
Profile for HondaMotorCo007
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 18:42
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BlowYourI4 wrote:
Odyssey500 wrote:
HondaEh! wrote:
I still enjoy my 04 and have no intention to replace it with this crappy car. I]


This post shows ignorance and jealousy. The new car is better than your car in every single way. WHo cares if they got rid of a fu**ing coin "holder." Every Honda has lost it with an FMC. Btw, your Accord is not beautiful by any means, the 08 has been praised for its BMW'like syling somthing you'll car will never have and it is faster too. Before I call a car crappy I would do some research.




It;s crappy for Honda's standards. ?you see, Honda has raised the bar so high that everyone can recognize when something is amiss. This kind of scrutiny is no un-common for Honda but for domestics, it's abnormal so don't get bent out of shape when a porky FM like 2008 that has yielded the same fuel economy as the 7th gen and is actually slower or about the same, not faster then the 7th gen in all the tests I have seen..It's still a Honda so it comes with some assurance of reliability but you are going to get the inevitable comparisons and so far the edge goes to the 7th gen.

What did you expect??

They did not even improve on the NVH or noise control unless you're at highway speeds.. how often is that? for me, it's about 1% of the time.

Looks are subjective. It doesn't look better then the BMW 3 and 5 series that a lot of people say it looks like..It's a copy scheme like the Hyundai Sonata did with the Accords in rear styling..

Where do you get that the 8th gen is following Honda's tradition of continuous improvement? The word 'crappy' is not out of the realm of possibility when you are talking about Honda's standards. Perhaps you are not aware of all of this?!



Get your facts right: it is quieter than the 7th gen and it is faster in everyway. Good luck selling you're Toyota Camry Mr. Salesman.......you're going to have a tough time.
nickpo
Profile for nickpo
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-14-2008 21:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
luder715 wrote:
Wait, So the new Accord is a crappy car because it doesn't have big enough cupholders for your super sized drink from McDonalds? Go eat your super sized value meal and stop by your nearest Ford or GM dealer where they have 50 ugly ass i looking cupholders in each car without covers. Judging a car on cupholders is ridiclous, I actually like less if any, cause I don't eat in my car. So from this I take it you would rather have a car with a bad engine and everything else but have deep exposed cupholders. Make sense I don't think so

Quite the opposite actually. They dont work as well with smaller cups in them, they move round. The old cup holders held it tighter in place. The new ones with the rubber on the sides doesnt hold smaller cups in place and they move around. And I never called t crappy.
Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2008 08:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
luder715 wrote:
Judging a car on cupholders is ridiclous, I actually like less if any, cause I don't eat in my car. So from this I take it you would rather have a car with a bad engine and everything else but have deep exposed cupholders. Make sense I don't think so

Was your last "sentence" self-referential?
BlowYourI4
Profile for BlowYourI4
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2008 09:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
nickpo wrote:
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.


once again, these are the 'intangible' 2008 'downgrades' a Honda salesman would never mention in a million years nor will you see it in any brochure made by Honda's marketing dept!

These types of things are exactly what all the car salesmen and marketing departments at Honda don't want to hear about because guess what, they will NEVER talk about it but unfortunately, it's all the things YOU WANT TO KNOW!!

It's called 'reasons for not buying a 2008 Accord' and they include all the rattles(you get to play, 'count how many different places they can come from i/e glovebox, window pane, trunk, A pillar, headboard etc), dimming headlights, ECU re-flashes, sub-par or abysmal gas mileage even with VCM, porkier weight that doesn't offset 3.5 liter engine(?!) in terms of performance(handling, 0-60 speeds etc) and mileage(7th gen still better mileage so no evolution there)
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2008 11:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BlowYourI4 wrote:
nickpo wrote:
I cant believe the changed the cup holders on the 08 Accord. I thought the one I had on my 04 was the best of all time. These new ones suck. Also I miss the change sorter that was in the center console also.


once again, these are the 'intangible' 2008 'downgrades' a Honda salesman would never mention in a million years nor will you see it in any brochure made by Honda's marketing dept!

These types of things are exactly what all the car salesmen and marketing departments at Honda don't want to hear about because guess what, they will NEVER talk about it but unfortunately, it's all the things YOU WANT TO KNOW!!

It's called 'reasons for not buying a 2008 Accord' and they include all the rattles(you get to play, 'count how many different places they can come from i/e glovebox, window pane, trunk, A pillar, headboard etc), dimming headlights, ECU re-flashes, sub-par or abysmal gas mileage even with VCM, porkier weight that doesn't offset 3.5 liter engine(?!) in terms of performance(handling, 0-60 speeds etc) and mileage(7th gen still better mileage so no evolution there)






(Mods, if you find the picture offensive then by all means please remove it. I'm just trying to get across a point)
ezshift5
Profile for ezshift5
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2008 11:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply


.....in this particular case - - IMHO - - this would seem just a little more appropriate.........


...ez...
Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-15-2008 18:34
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ahem

Back to nickpo's original topic (and slightly touching on BlowYourI4's mania), I'm surprised when manufacturers of all products don't recognize perfection and maintain it. Hand tools offer a great example, as do the Accord's cup holders. Major criteria, such as overall tool weight or fuel economy, are going to be part of a process of continual improvement. Smaller features, such as drill bit geometry for a given use or cup holders, often reach a point of near perfection. Unless a change further improves the feature or offers an objective improvement to the entire product, the end user won't value the change.
Cardm2e
Profile for Cardm2e
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-16-2008 15:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Man there are some angry, messed up people on this forum. Don't you dare say anything but good things about the new 2008 Accord. If you have anything to complain about, you're saying there's something wrong with the '08 Accord and if there's something wrong with the '08 Accord, there must be something wrong with the people that bought one. Therefore, if you complain about the new Accord, you're in essence complaining about the owners of the new Accord. Hence, the rabid attacks all over this thread or any like it.
Sometimes I think this forum has been taken over by liberal thinking, as long as you say what they want you to say, you have freedom of speech and they'll defend you to the end but, say anything they don't like and you need to be shut up, banished and hopefully bad things will happen to you too.
The point nickpo was trying to make was that when you have a good thing (even if it's a minor piece of the car) don't change it unless you're going to improve it. It's the details that makes Honda products superior. On paper, most cars in this class seem to be equal, they're about the same size, same number of cylinders, about the same hp/torque and just about the same equipment. What you can't read or see on paper is the way all of this is put together to make a great car or a mediocre car or even a bad car. I think nickpo expected for everything to be improved or the same, never inferior to the previous car. And for that, he's ridiculed, told to shut the f*ck up or told he's not worthy to express his opinion.
What fine people you are.
Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-16-2008 16:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Cardm2e wrote:
It's the details that makes Honda products superior.


In another post, I said exactly this. Overall, my 08 coupe is better in just about every way over my 06. But some of the details leave me perplexed. Admittedly, they're stupid little things but they call attention to themselves.

Like nickpo mentions, the cup holders don't work as well. The spring loaded fingers of the 7th gen held any sized container snugly. Drinks teeter in the new holders.

The heated seat switches are difficult to see and reach. (BUt they work HELLA better than my 06 - they heat up fast and I can actually feel the "HI" setting thru my coat.)

No drink holder for large water bottles in the door pockets.

The loss of a full two-tier compartment in the armrest.

The storage cubby under the CD changer is useless. You can't see into it with the door raised and its awkward to reach into it.

And the CD changer - it looks like an aftermarket piece. Why couldn't it be integrated into the dash? And it eats up storage space down low like that.

Again, these are inane, insignificant little things . . . but hell, I'm not used to these little details being so un-intuitive. Its very un-Honda like. Its like function took a back seat to design this time around. Honda interiors are almost always form follows function, but not this time.

Everything else about the car rocks but its these little things that you bump into during daily use that make you raise an eyebrow.

Happiness
Profile for Happiness
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-16-2008 16:27
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Cardm2e wrote:
I think nickpo expected for everything to be improved or the same, never inferior to the previous car. And for that, he's ridiculed, told to shut the f*ck up or told he's not worthy to express his opinion.
What fine people you are.


Drat, I've been left out.

nickpo, you're a poopyhead for hatin' on the new Accord. Shut the f*ck up. You're not worthy to express your opinion.

All better.
Imagineer
Profile for Imagineer
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-17-2008 23:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Trip wrote:
Cardm2e wrote:
It's the details that makes Honda products superior.


In another post, I said exactly this. Overall, my 08 coupe is better in just about every way over my 06. But some of the details leave me perplexed. Admittedly, they're stupid little things but they call attention to themselves.

Like nickpo mentions, the cup holders don't work as well. The spring loaded fingers of the 7th gen held any sized container snugly. Drinks teeter in the new holders.

The heated seat switches are difficult to see and reach. (BUt they work HELLA better than my 06 - they heat up fast and I can actually feel the "HI" setting thru my coat.)

No drink holder for large water bottles in the door pockets.

The loss of a full two-tier compartment in the armrest.

The storage cubby under the CD changer is useless. You can't see into it with the door raised and its awkward to reach into it.

And the CD changer - it looks like an aftermarket piece. Why couldn't it be integrated into the dash? And it eats up storage space down low like that.

Again, these are inane, insignificant little things . . . but hell, I'm not used to these little details being so un-intuitive. Its very un-Honda like. Its like function took a back seat to design this time around. Honda interiors are almost always form follows function, but not this time.

Everything else about the car rocks but its these little things that you bump into during daily use that make you raise an eyebrow.




...way back when I first checked out the new '08, I noticed these differences and mentioned them both here and on the DA forum, I too received a lot of negative flack from new '08 drivers, whats the deal guys, are you so insecure that the only comments you'll accept must always be incredibly positive? My my, talk about an identity complex...
...the bottom line is that these seemingly insignificant things actually make your car just that much more livable, you get very accustomed to how well they work that when you find them missing, it seems like a glaring omission on Honda's part - nobody ever said that it had anything to do with any other aspect of how the car performed, just how the 7th gens were quite livable compared to the same items in the 8th gen...
...now I'll once again put on my flame retardant suit and stand back...

cheers guys, its all 'sposed to be fun...
Trip
Profile for Trip
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2008 07:21
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Imagineer wrote:
...way back when I first checked out the new '08, I noticed these differences and mentioned them both here and on the DA forum, I too received a lot of negative flack from new '08 drivers, whats the deal guys, are you so insecure that the only comments you'll accept must always be incredibly positive? My my, talk about an identity complex...
...the bottom line is that these seemingly insignificant things actually make your car just that much more livable, you get very accustomed to how well they work that when you find them missing, it seems like a glaring omission on Honda's part - nobody ever said that it had anything to do with any other aspect of how the car performed, just how the 7th gens were quite livable compared to the same items in the 8th gen...
...now I'll once again put on my flame retardant suit and stand back...



Many of the things I mentioned were items I too noticed when I first sat in an 08 months before I bought one. I thought I was just being objective but none-the-less I received some 'constructive' criticism to wait and experience it in daily use. That's the thing about Hondas . . . sitting in one is like slipping on a pair of gloves or your favorite jeans. They just slide on and you don't think about it. But when the fingers bunch up on the gloves or your jeans keep twisting when you pull them up, using them is suddenly not so tranparent anymore. The details call attention to themselves. That was my first impression with the 08 and it still stands nearly 3,000 miles later.

But staying objective, the good things FAR outweigh these little things in my 08. It is possible to find aspects of your car that are disagreeable. My 2006 wasn't perfect in a lot of ways and sometimes were much more frustrating (for me) to live with (rattles and the clutch). The 2008 over all is improved in every way and the important things from the drive train to the handling to the quiet, comfortable interior to the upper dash layout are outstanding.

These forums are about sharing information. I acknowledge and share all aspects of my car but in the end what matters is the car works for me. I've said before, reading reviews and blogs on the internet is like reading movie reviews . . . you need to see the movie for yourself and even then, it works for some and not others.

This is the first Honda (Accord) in a long time that's made me smile as much as my Prelude does. I can live with the stupid storage cubby under the ill-placed CD changer because in reality it all works out in the end.


Imagineer wrote:
cheers guys, its all 'sposed to be fun...


x2 :)~


Last edited by RyanDL on 01-18-2008 09:18
N/A
Message is below viewing threshold    (Score: 0, Way Off Topic) 01-18-2008 11:09
 
This message is below your viewing threshold, you may view the message by clicking on the link: View Message
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: I miss the cup holders from my 04    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-18-2008 11:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Cardm2e wrote:
Man there are some angry, messed up people on this forum. Don't you dare say anything but good things about the new 2008 Accord. If you have anything to complain about, you're saying there's something wrong with the '08 Accord and if there's something wrong with the '08 Accord, there must be something wrong with the people that bought one. Therefore, if you complain about the new Accord, you're in essence complaining about the owners of the new Accord. Hence, the rabid attacks all over this thread or any like it.
Sometimes I think this forum has been taken over by liberal thinking, as long as you say what they want you to say, you have freedom of speech and they'll defend you to the end but, say anything they don't like and you need to be shut up, banished and hopefully bad things will happen to you too.
The point nickpo was trying to make was that when you have a good thing (even if it's a minor piece of the car) don't change it unless you're going to improve it. It's the details that makes Honda products superior. On paper, most cars in this class seem to be equal, they're about the same size, same number of cylinders, about the same hp/torque and just about the same equipment. What you can't read or see on paper is the way all of this is put together to make a great car or a mediocre car or even a bad car. I think nickpo expected for everything to be improved or the same, never inferior to the previous car. And for that, he's ridiculed, told to shut the f*ck up or told he's not worthy to express his opinion.
What fine people you are.



If you're referring to the picture I've posted, that was in response to Blow. It's a headache because no one ever really knows what he's talking about and doesn't contribute anything at all, opinions/info/advice. I mean, who could stand that drivel?

As for nick, he's free to say whatever he wants. I just find it interesting how much importance North Americans place on things like cupholders, that's all. In European countries (at least a few years ago), a few cars didn't even have them. You sit in, you navigate the twisty cobblestone roads, and are more worried about $5+ per gallon of gas... In any case, for many people in other countries, cup holders are listed way down on the list of concerns.
 
Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0