[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
More.......................
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
Commentary: Why are kids and pets still dying in hot cars? It's 2014 already.
Honda submits design for a new sedan to EU office of design and trademarks
Spied on the Street: 2015 Honda CR-V (MMC)
Acura announces availabilty of the 2015 ILX
General Talk --> Re: Transmission type share per Market.
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX Production Body Spied @ the 'Ring
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Comedians out of cars almost get "hit" by a TLX
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: www.tlxthrill.com might not be real/accurate
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX at Honda Indy Toronto
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda Europe 2015 Engine Lineup
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: Silly Me
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> cb919 For Sale
Join Discussion......
Honda Motorcycles --> cb919 For Sale
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Management Reputation Online
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Front Row Appearance
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Toyota improves Gasoline thermal efficiency to 38%
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Went to the dealership as well
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
Geewiz
Profile for Geewiz
Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 02-03-2006 23:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
2005 LX 5spd, only 4cyl but fun as *^^&
10000 miles driven in two months...

Here you go.. take a piece of the tape (the type you wrap around pipes so they don't freeze), it's usually black with this ultimate sticky stuff on the back of it.. cut a sqauare about 1 inch by 1 inch and tape it to the part of the glove box that hits the dash board. There are two rubber nipples, for the lack of a better word, on either side of the glove box, take a look you'll see them, on the passenger's side of the box, where that nipple meets the dashboard, put the tape so that when it closes you can almost see the tape .. I did last night and went to work today and NOT ONE rattle all the way there.

It worked perfect.. For everyone that this remedy works for, please send me $3.95 or if you need the stuff to repair it.. tell me and I'll send it to you..

Wishing you all rectify your rattles..

see ya
Roy Peterson
Profile for Roy Peterson
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2006 21:24
I have the same rattle plus one on the passenger side which I think is coming from the door pillar area on mmy 2006 Accord. How thick is the tape you sued and exactly where did you install it ? I can't quite figure out where exactly from your prior posting
ToxxinOnTegSE
Profile for ToxxinOnTegSE
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-21-2006 22:55
Roy Peterson wrote:
I have the same rattle plus one on the passenger side which I think is coming from the door pillar area on mmy 2006 Accord. How thick is the tape you sued and exactly where did you install it ? I can't quite figure out where exactly from your prior posting

yeah, I got the same rattle and I have actually gotten used to it but if I can make a quick fix, then it's worth it. Can you post pics of these nipples, 'for lack of a better term', and alos the tape you use and the name brand and which 99 cent store I can get it from or which auto shop I can borrow some from?? And pics would be so nice and step by step pics of the fix too. Thanks ... ohh and a partridge and a pair tree.. too..
ToxxinOnTegSE
Profile for ToxxinOnTegSE
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-27-2006 14:31
Geewiz wrote:
2005 LX 5spd, only 4cyl but fun as *^^&
10000 miles driven in two months...

Here you go.. take a piece of the tape (the type you wrap around pipes so they don't freeze), it's usually black with this ultimate sticky stuff on the back of it.. cut a sqauare about 1 inch by 1 inch and tape it to the part of the glove box that hits the dash board. There are two rubber nipples, for the lack of a better word, on either side of the glove box, take a look you'll see them, on the passenger's side of the box, where that nipple meets the dashboard, put the tape so that when it closes you can almost see the tape .. I did last night and went to work today and NOT ONE rattle all the way there.

It worked perfect.. For everyone that this remedy works for, please send me $3.95 or if you need the stuff to repair it.. tell me and I'll send it to you..

Wishing you all rectify your rattles..

see ya

I need the stuff, please send it!
Geewiz
Profile for Geewiz
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-02-2006 18:20
Ok.. On the right hand side of the glove box you'll see a black piece that acts as a compression arm, but in reverse so the glove box doesn't drop right down. What is happening is when the glove box is in the lock postion, that black plastic bar has no tension on it causing it to rattle when you go over small bumps, really annoying. My first thought was to put a piece of black pipe tape on edge of the glove box or right where the glove box meets the car, under the lip of the glovebox.

That idea didn't work like I thought so after more research, I found it was the plastic release bar on the right hand side of the glove box. In order to see it, put the glove box down, be sure you are in the passengers side, with the passengers door open, look behind the right hand side lip of the glove box, remember to lower the glove box.

Here's the fix that's worked for me since I posted this message, get a matchbook, cut a piece off the top, about .25 inchs wide and the width of the matchbook. Then locate the black plastic piece that is clipped onto the glove box, with the glove box down, push the black piece off the glove box by pushing down. Watch it cause the glove box will fall, so have your hand under the glove box. It will push off, then put he .25 inch piece of cardboard on the point where the black platic release latch connected to the box. Now with the cardboard in place snap the plastic piece right on top of it. This will eliminate the gap between the release lever and the glove box, henceforth elmininating the rattle.

Good luck.

If I get a chance to post a pic, I'll try. If anyone really needs a pic, please let me know. Sorry it's taken so long to get back in here to explain the fix.

see ya,
geewiz
TedG954
Profile for TedG954
WOW!    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-11-2006 11:19
Somehow, late last night, I found this site.

More importantly, I found this thread!

I thought the glove box rattle was a problem for MY '06 only.

Up to now, I've just slammed it shut a few times and the noise would go away for a while.

NOW... I have a real solution. Thanks!! It was driving me nuts!
BamaFlum
Profile for BamaFlum
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 04-18-2007 09:37
Hate to revive an old thread, but will this work with a 2007? I just got one last month, and that glove box rattle is driving me nuts! I don't have time to take it to the dealer right now and was wondering if this would work with a 2007 sedan?
skhori
Profile for skhori
Re: Found a Fix for Glove box RATTLE..    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-29-2007 17:41
Geewiz,
Can you send me a Pic?
Thanks!

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy