[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
NSX --> Re: Acura NSX....How it's going to be sold in the US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura's problem today...
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Honda S3700 is racing...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Bloomberg: ASIMO gives Honda edge in driverless cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Converting to HID lights in 13 or 14' Accord...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Some random NYIAS thoughts on auto interiors
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Any rumors about Honda F1 engine progress?
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: My review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura Style Magazine - Out of touch?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Integra > > Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
tunit8605
Profile for tunit8605
96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-17-2005 00:50
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
i have a 96 gsr, runs real nice. Ive only had a little problem wiht burning oil, and my rediator jus went, prolly due to high reving. (jus bought a koyo racing radiator) I was wondering, should i turbo my car if its got 75,000 miles on it? And if so how difficult is the process?
5thGENrustbucket
Profile for 5thGENrustbucket
Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-17-2005 01:22
"over reving" your engine will never damage your rad. Rads simply fail with time and rust. but if your rads bad, then over reving will damage your engine and you might blow a head gasket.

I'm no expert on turbo's so i'll leave that to someone more qualified.
But I do know that if your adding a turbo with lots of boost, you have to get lower compression pistons and replace some of your internal engine parts with stronger ones.
tunit8605
Profile for tunit8605
Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-17-2005 14:53
another thing real quick. someone told me that changing the cams in your car isnt a good idea because its easy to mess up your engine. is this true or do you think its worth putting better cams in
fubuplayer0501
Profile for fubuplayer0501
Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-13-2005 13:10
No do a jacksonracing superchrager. www.jacksonracing.com
big_tattoo
Profile for big_tattoo
Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-28-2005 00:35
Depending on what stage cams you use. If you have a stock motor then stage 1 cams are ideal. If you go with a stage 2 or 3 cams then it is highly recomended to install dual valve springs and retainers with a stage 2 cams. If you go with stage 3 cams you will have to also go with stiffer valves. if you are trying to find performance without spending a whole lot of cash then I would purchase a stage 2 drag turbo kit for the b18c1 and run 310 rc injectors so you dont have to replace your ecu. run a 6 pound wastgate spring and purchase a vortec fmu and a msd inline fuel pump. Depending on what turbo kit you get it might com with the fmu and fuel pump. My friend hase a 2000 gsr and we installed a stage 2 turbo kit and its fast. He hasent had any problems. Yet. If you go turbo just make sure you dont run alot of boost. I would run about 6,7,maybe 8 pounds on a stock bottom end. Hope this helped.
baspence21
Profile for baspence21
Re: 96 gsr 75,000miles, should i turbo it?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-30-2005 01:30
dude, just do a compression test... if they're all within 10% then go for it... if not, replace your rings then go for it

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy