[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Prelude --> Re: 2016 Honda Prelude for the American Market?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Beijing Auto Show updates...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Remote Windows-Open Feature
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Crosstour's next-generation enemy: 2015 Subaru Outback
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: The Mustang at 50
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: MK7 Golf Wagon
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Carscoop: Honda to Detail, But Won't Show New Compact SUV Based on JDM Vezel in New York
Join Discussion......
Civic --> slightly tweaked 2014 Euro Civic hatch
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: TLX details
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Future Honda Small RWD Sports Car
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Acura Lineup Summary of Changes > > Re: No keyless entry option?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

alan3885
Profile for alan3885
No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2005 00:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
No keyless entry like the JDM Accord or no optional tech package for the TSX?
osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2005 01:00
We'll probably see this feature for sure in the 4th generation TL.
PrecisionCrafted
Profile for PrecisionCrafted
Re: No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2005 10:46
That would be my guess. Right now Keyless Access is too "ingrained" with the RL right now. It is one of the features that separates it from the TL.

Now I would guess that the RDX will be the next Acura with Keyless Access as well as the next MDX. By the time those roll out the RL will have gained more features and maybe some styling changes to push it further away from the TL. Then the next TSX will get it (this is assuming that the TSX doesn't get it before the TL since it will be redesigned first).
STL
Profile for STL
What about SH-AWD? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2005 10:51
I think most people would say that SH-AWD is the main thing that separates the RL from the TL!
osaze
Profile for osaze
Re: No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2005 20:16
To me the next generation (4) TL is really worth wating for. After reading an article in Acura Style about motorsports, I am more convinced now that Acura will not build a factory TL-Aspec. But for the 4the gen, they will go all out. Everyone else has upgraded, BMW, Audi, Lexus, and not with much fanfare. So expect Acura to do just one or two better than what everyone else has laid out on the table. I dont' think the Lexus IS350 will be a big hit because of price. The next big thing will be the redesign of the G35, which could coincide with the debut of the 4 gen TL. We can expect in the next TL SH-AWD, nice engines with CV and gobs of HP and Torque and some of the amenties in the RL like real-time navigation and keyless entry, for sure. And of course, a few surprises from Acura.

aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2005 22:40
I wish Honda would just take out one of their sedans. I mean, they're all stepping on each other's toes and have no room to expand. The Accord can't go up like the Altima can. The TL can't go up because of the RL. The TSX can't go up because of the TL or down because of the Accord I4.

One of them has to go.
02TL
Profile for 02TL
Re: No keyless entry option? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-06-2005 10:45
If it is horse power your talking about then sure. One of the glaring problems I see it the platform being used. It's a good one but no room to expand.

The RL should have more room the the TL. I don't care if the RL's room is the same or close to a 5, E, GS, or M it should have more back seat room, head room and front leg room the the TL. The TSX is fine as it is scaled down.

Now, there is hope with the possibility of a V8. With it maybe a new platform could be created. As it stands, the current GMSP cannot support a V8 so a new one has to come. To off set the cost then the TL and the rumored coupe can use the same platform. I even see the MDX being based off of such a platform as I'm sure the V8 will be offered.

With the RL being in V8 territory and still offering a V6 at a lower price point then the TL has room to grow. I see the TL pushing past 300hp with an engine shared with the next RL. This allows the TSX "wiggle" room to expand.

The Accord will surly expand and can sit at the 250 or 260 hp range and not bother the TL. The TSX is a diffrent beast so it really doesn't matter what the V6 Accord's hp #'s are.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy