[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
General Talk --> Re: Some random NYIAS thoughts on auto interiors
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Bloomberg: ASIMO gives Honda edge in driverless cars
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Acura NSX....How it's going to be sold in the US
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: Any rumors about Honda F1 engine progress?
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: My review
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Converting to HID lights in 13 or 14' Accord...
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura Style Magazine - Out of touch?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details - megane 275r 7:45 minutes
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda FY14 production / JP sales
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: 9th Generation Honda Accord Reviews
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV News > 2006 Acura Lineup Summary of Changes > > Re: who said it was gonna go away this year?

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

STL
Profile for STL
So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 15:52
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I guess it'll soldier on for another year before the axe it.
cksi1372
Profile for cksi1372
Re: So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 17:33
A little surprised myself with it soldiering on for another year. Especially, after the 06 Civic coming with similar HP and an LSD. I guess Honda/Acura feels they can still make some $$$ on the product before it is axed for that G35 coupe fighter...*I hope*.
alex2364
Profile for alex2364
Re: So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 18:10
I always thought '06 was the last year for the RSX. Doesn't make sense for Acura to drop the RSX for '05 after all the changes they made to it.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 19:06
I still find it hard to believe that Acura will abandon the RSX altogether. With Audi, BMW, Merc(?), and now even Volvo comming out with cars in the RSX range why would Acura axe the RSX? Acura is a pioneer in this market.

The RSX is only one of the few compact hatchback/coupe left, yes there is the Mistubishi Eclipse but I wouldnt put that in the same league as the RSX. And there is the Golf GTi but would that go against the Civic Si or the RSX?

Patrick
alex2364
Profile for alex2364
Re: So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 19:29
I agree but everyone keeps saying Honda hasn't developed a next gen RSX so unless they decide to extend the life of the current RSX like they did with the 3rd gen Integra, the RSX will be dead.
accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: So the RSX isn't dead yet! [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 21:00
People said the same thing about the integra after it soldiered on for almost 9 years basically , but low and behold we got the follow-up RSX.
Let's face it, I dont know the exact numbers but if it's 15-20k units a year, that would make it Acura's second best selling car since "86", if not the best.
Not only that, it gets decnt milage for Acura's CAFE numbers and alot of young buyers into the Acura showrooms.
Even if they dont make much $$$ on it. It helps future Acura sales, in sort of the opposite way of the NSX, and they loose alot on the NSX, but that will continue.
I dont think another Acura has consistently won so many awards.
The RSX is the class leading car to beat in it's segment, and arguably one of Acura's best performing cars in the twisties and will leave the TSX and RL behind in the straights-0-60 that is.
I think Acura should keep an under 25K car in it's portfolio, it is the only Luxury maker the truly has a great one at the price. they do need a TSX or TL Coupe though.
They may be putting the finishing touches on the future Integra/RSX replacement as we speak. (Dont I wish)
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
who said it was gonna go away this year? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 22:12
STL wrote:
I guess it'll soldier on for another year before the axe it.

I wouldn't think they'd cut the run short of the 5-year norm. As we projected earlier, I wouldn't expect it to fall out of the lineup before the '07 model year and it might even go beyond that if it suddenly starts selling well and Honda has factory capacity to spare. It wouldn't make much sense to have axed it this year since it just got its MMC for the '05 model - they wouldn't have even bothered to do an MMC for a single model year run. Plus, by then the RDX will be in place, not that it's a direct replacement for the RSX but it will help keep the showrooms looking diverse.
STL
Profile for STL
Actually I agree with you, but many said... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 22:32
it was gone with this new Civic Si coming this year.
Silver2k2Si
Profile for Silver2k2Si
Re: who said it was gonna go away this year? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 23:06
06 would be a good year for it to bow out though expecially since it just won a comparo against many other faster and better handling cars in the latest car and driver mag.
aznstuart
Profile for aznstuart
Re: Actually I agree with you, but many said... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-01-2005 23:10
I think the RSX has potential. Acura could do one of two things:

Replace the RSX with the Euro Civic Hatch with the RSX getting the EuroR version as the Type-S. HP numbers could turn out 225-250 and base 170-180. keep base at $19,990 and Type S at 23 some and you've got a winner. Heck, it could even be the 5 door seeing they spent so much effort in hidding the 3rd and 4th door so well.

OR

They could spawn a TSX Coupe and name it the RSX. This would prolly be the next generation TSX and power would prolly range in the vicinity or 250 using an I4. Price it at 24k and we've got a winner.

I really don't know what Honda was thinking MMCing the RSX for 2005. If they knew the Civic Si would be so much better and was coming out in 06, why didnt they just let MY05 be the last? I think Honda has a plan/future for the RSX/Intergra. Such a popular car can not be axed just like that. It has so much history. I think Honda has something up its sleeves with this one. Whatever it is, I know it'll be good.
accord1989
Profile for accord1989
Re: Actually I agree with you, but many said... [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-02-2005 08:45
aznstuart wrote:
I think the RSX has potential. Acura could do one of two things:

Replace the RSX with the Euro Civic Hatch with the RSX getting the EuroR version as the Type-S. HP numbers could turn out 225-250 and base 170-180. keep base at $19,990 and Type S at 23 some and you've got a winner. Heck, it could even be the 5 door seeing they spent so much effort in hidding the 3rd and 4th door so well.

OR

They could spawn a TSX Coupe and name it the RSX. This would prolly be the next generation TSX and power would prolly range in the vicinity or 250 using an I4. Price it at 24k and we've got a winner.

I really don't know what Honda was thinking MMCing the RSX for 2005. If they knew the Civic Si would be so much better and was coming out in 06, why didnt they just let MY05 be the last? I think Honda has a plan/future for the RSX/Intergra. Such a popular car can not be axed just like that. It has so much history. I think Honda has something up its sleeves with this one. Whatever it is, I know it'll be good.

What he said.
hondaccordex93
Profile for hondaccordex93
Re: who said it was gonna go away this year? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2005 03:58
Example: 03 CL, the first and last year they offered it with the 6-speed tranny.

Jeff wrote:

"It wouldn't make much sense to have axed it this year since it just got its MMC for the '05 model - they wouldn't have even bothered to do an MMC for a single model year run."
b18ctyper
Profile for b18ctyper
Re: who said it was gonna go away this year? [View News Item]    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-03-2005 07:43
Comparing the RSX to the CRX, the RSX drives like a tank.... go away RSX! get rid of the macpherson struts!!!!!!!

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy