[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
American Honda Reports June 2014 Sales
This is probably the very first look at the 2016 Pilot. Spied by a TOV member in So Cal.
TLX --> Re: Video Road Test of TLX 4 Cyl.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Hows the public responding to TLX in the US?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota plots ‘society-changing’ fuel-cell car for the masses
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Hondatalover vs CJT A-Spec TLX inside
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Slow or slowest or normal?
Join Discussion......
HR-V/Vezel --> Re: Chinese Vezel / HR-V gets better sheet metal!!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CR-Z Supercharger released.
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: calling out for some more tweaks to TLX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: CTR coming!!!
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: U. S, auto sales in bubble territory?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: bland, dull and looks already old
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: My test-drive in 2.4 TLX Base
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Video of TLX SH-AWD V6 Acceleration
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
  TOV Articles > First Drive: 2005 Acura RSX Type S > > Re: Any planned reviews / tests

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Any planned reviews / tests [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-22-2004 14:08
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Anybody know if C&D/MT/or any other mag is planning on doing an all out test? I need to go drive one of these things, but I am afraid I might buy one :) The only thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger is the lack of side curtains and the lack of an XM radio. If those were there I would already be in trouble. I was also contemplating a TSX, but I really think the car needs about 20 more hp to be effective, and the highway mileage should be at least in the low 30's for the 6-spd. To me Acura is about 1step away from having what I would personally consider a "perfect" line of cars. Back to the RSX - has anyone put a childseat in the back? I don't have kids yet, but If I buy one of these a kid could come before I get rid of it in appx 5yrs. So I guess the question is. How big of a pain is it to occasionally carry a 1-4 y/o in this car?
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Any planned reviews / tests [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-22-2004 23:21
Forward facing seats will be no problem.

If you have an infant with a rear facing seat, I hope your wife is petite :^)

Rear facing seats take up quite a bit of room, so to fit them in the back you'll have to slide the front seat forward and/or upright a bit. When I first bought my '97 Prelude, my wife and I discovered 2 weeks later that our first child was on the way. Woops. The following July, he arrived and I found that the rear facing car seat would not fit behind my seat Unless I left the seatback bolt upright and slid the entire seat forward a few notches. So we put his seat on the passenger side behind my wife, who wasn't terribly inconvenienced by the seating position.

99SI wrote:
Anybody know if C&D/MT/or any other mag is planning on doing an all out test? I need to go drive one of these things, but I am afraid I might buy one :) The only thing that has kept me from pulling the trigger is the lack of side curtains and the lack of an XM radio. If those were there I would already be in trouble. I was also contemplating a TSX, but I really think the car needs about 20 more hp to be effective, and the highway mileage should be at least in the low 30's for the 6-spd. To me Acura is about 1step away from having what I would personally consider a "perfect" line of cars. Back to the RSX - has anyone put a childseat in the back? I don't have kids yet, but If I buy one of these a kid could come before I get rid of it in appx 5yrs. So I guess the question is. How big of a pain is it to occasionally carry a 1-4 y/o in this car?

Antrey
Profile for Antrey
Re: Any planned reviews / tests [View Article]    (Score: 1, Normal) 09-23-2004 12:19
My 3yr old and 5yr old ride almost daily in my RSX TypeS. They both have forward facing seats though. We put my 5yr old's seat behind the passenger seat to give him more legroom since the passenger has more flexibility in seat adjustment. It also helps that my 5yr old can hop in by himself and put on his own seat belt.

Thread Page - [1]
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0