[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
General Talk --> Re: Acura 2016 and Beyond...Honda needs to put up
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Ron Dennis remarks
Join Discussion......
NSX --> NSX Replica
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driving 2015 SH-AWD TLX this week
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Will the 2016 Civic be bigger?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Diesels bad?
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: Honda Fit up for Green Car of the Year
Join Discussion......
Accord --> FS: 2013 Accord Coupe V6 6spd Manual *low miles)
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> Re: FS; 2006 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6 Speed Coupe 15000 miles Like New
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Honda Carplay
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla P85D: AWD, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: "Game-Changing TLX"
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!! NSXPO 2014
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: What does having a VIN # mean?
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
DCR
Profile for DCR
Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 22:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I stopped by the dealer tonight to check out the new Civic updates, and they had an Accord V6 6MT coupe sitting there so I took it out for a few miles.

I am quite impressed with it.

The keyless remote is well designed and has a little heft to it. Getting in the car, I reached for the ignition out of habit. Going keyless would take me a bit to get used to, but firing up the engine with a push of a button with the fob in my front pocket was nice. The lumbar of the seat was pushed out nearly all the way, so once I reduced that, my initial fear that I would hate the seats was gone. The seats have good bolster and are very comfortable. The dual display screens look like a super nova in the dash at night, so thankfully there is the little night/day button on there to quickly adjust that without having to screw around with menus. The audio system and controls didn't seem too bad, but they aren't as simplistic as some may prefer...you will spend some time between hard buttons and touch screen confusion at first, or at least I did. I didn't play with the bluetooth pairing or any of that, but the XM sounded nice through the system. The stock subwoofer isn't great though, but it isn't exactly a super premium audio system either. The one thing that I know has been mentioned before is that incredibly ridiculous sparkle plastic piece on the radio. It is like a group of Honda executives sat in a room and said "Well, we've got the Accord interior nailed down tight in our opinion, but people are going to find something to complain about, so why don't we throw some low hanging bait out there and make a completely off the wall sparkly plastic piece and stick it right in one of the first places they will look?" Thousand bucks says that will be an MMC item that gets changed.

I flipped on the fog lights and hopped out of the car to look at the LED's and projectors. The car would do well with a HID option, or something to bring the light temperatures a little closer between the headlights, LED and fogs.

Back inside, I noticed the LED in the moonroof controls is back...and orange. It really does a good job of illuminating the center console in the dark too, as it appears to be redesigned and "pointed" on an angle. The gauges were a little disappointing I'd say. They look so much like the CR-V gauges, that maybe I am too used to them already. I was expecting a little more visual pop, but maybe the center screens are overpowering them too much. The dash design is great, the doors are nice and solid, and there were no rattles or other annoyances I could detect in my 20 minute affair.

The drive was really good. The clutch and transmission were both so smooth I couldn't believe it. I can't remember a time when I have pressed a clutch down and didn't feel or hear anything...but this clutch is completely smooth and silent. There is also virtually no weight to it at all, which can go both ways for those who experience the car. If you like a little clutch heft, you are going to literally despise this car, but one thing I will say is that the feel of the car is so smooth from your left foot, through your steering hand and shifter that I would describe it as unique from any other Honda I have driven to date with a manual. It was the first thing I noticed and it stuck with me the entire drive and even now. The shifter also surprised me a bit because it has such a slick and clean movement and coupled with the clutch, it really stood out to me as something I do not ever remember experiencing before. I can remember my 2009 Accord 6MT being much harsher in both clutch and transmission feel, and I could feel the clutch in that car and hear a click every shift, and the shifter would make a plasticky sound when you shifted due to the material around it and the not-so-great shift OEM shift knob. The 2013 is worlds better.

Steering was a bit numb I would say. It was extremely smooth, but I really didn't feel as much as I would prefer from the road. I didn't hammer into any huge potholes or anything, but there were a few times I fully expected to feel something through the wheel to match the surface I was on, but I felt pretty disconnected from the road most of the ride. For the majority of buyers, a less shocking ride will be considered a good thing. I can honestly say I wouldn't be diving headlong into any hard corners in this car though unless I really knew the road, because you won't feel much to tell you what the tires are rolling over.

The throttle was crisp and quick, and downshifting wakes up the engine with a really nice growl. The nice thing is, if you stay off it, the car is quiet as a mouse. Flick the wrist, and you've got an entirely different beast instantly sound wise. I would probably waste a bunch of gas just to hear that as much as possible. The car pulls hard, but I didn't really want to get too crazy in it because it is new and not my car. I still wish it had an LSD too, because you are throwing a whole lot of car and power around, so anything helps in situations where you might need it. The sound when revving up to freeway speed is really quite memorable too, even with the quiet cabin around you.

I forgot all about that Lane Watch thing and the first time I hit my blinker, the screen changing to the camera caught my eye and I thought "What the f..." and then I remembered what the heck I was looking at. Within a couple of minutes I was completely used to it, and funny as it may sound, when I got back in my own car and changed lanes, I looked for the screen which wasn't there.

Sorry for the novel, but that is about all I can remember. For kicks, I am getting some numbers run on the car. My Civic Hybrid is looking at me through the window, so I better go.

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 22:24
DCR wrote:
The drive was really good. The clutch and transmission were both so smooth I couldn't believe it. I can't remember a time when I have pressed a clutch down and didn't feel or hear anything...but this clutch is completely smooth and silent. There is also virtually no weight to it at all, which can go both ways for those who experience the car. If you like a little clutch heft, you are going to literally despise this car, but one thing I will say is that the feel of the car is so smooth from your left foot, through your steering hand and shifter that I would describe it as unique from any other Honda I have driven to date with a manual.

What you described sounded similar to my experience with a '88 manual Accord I borrowed from a friend many years ago. However, that is the only manual Accord I have ever driven so far so probably there is a difference between the the new one vs. all the manual Accords ever, but I will never know..
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 22:38
Nice review. Very similar to my comments a couple of days ago - I guess I wasn't so effusive about the clutch/shifter as I am used to the TSX which is equally good if not slightly better. I drove a 335 manual the other day - both the TSX and Accord have a better shifter/clutch, no question.

Very correct as regards the sounds it makes - gentle cruise and it is dead quiet - give it some and it roars and growls very nicely.
ClementZ
Profile for ClementZ
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 23:37
Clutch with no heft you say?
So, it's completely unlike my 2005 Accord 5MT.
I gotta try that car out.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 00:29
Good review.
JP
Profile for JP
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 01:07
DRC, did you like it "more" than the Focus ST you kept in 4 wheels some weeks ago?

Which has more "punch" in daily driving conditions?
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 01:26
JP wrote:
DRC, did you like it "more" than the Focus ST you kept in 4 wheels some weeks ago?

Which has more "punch" in daily driving conditions?

The ST has a ton of grunt which comes in lower in the range, but really, neither car is really ever starving for power unless you are doing 20 in 6th gear.

The ST can't compete with the Accord in many areas in my opinion...maybe only price somewhat. The Recaro version I drove with package 2 was so close in price to the Accord V6 MT that the Accord wins by a landslide.

99SI
Profile for 99SI
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 09:01
Honda - please, please, please build a sedan version of this car for MY14......
BartMan
Profile for BartMan
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 12:37
DCR wrote:

The ST has a ton of grunt which comes in lower in the range, but really, neither car is really ever starving for power unless you are doing 20 in 6th gear.

The ST can't compete with the Accord in many areas in my opinion...maybe only price somewhat. The Recaro version I drove with package 2 was so close in price to the Accord V6 MT that the Accord wins by a landslide.

What about, in terms of steering feel?

(great review, by the way)
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 15:40
I honestly can't remember much of the steering feel in the ST. It cornered pretty flat and controlled though. Most of my drive in the ST had me focusing (no pun intended) on the oddly positioned clutch and narrow seats.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:50
ClementZ wrote:

I hated, ABSOLUTELY hated the clutch in my 2005 Accord 6MT. It picked up too high up on the travel, it was too light so your leg had to work to stay up and it was grabby...

It sucked.

So, DCR.... compared to the Si... how was the clutch then?

I'm not reassured at all by your description.

I love the clutch in the Si, RSX-S, etc, etc... those are clutch pedals you can drive smoothly and simply control the car as a toy... you know? never use the brake, at an intersection, if it rolls back a bit, give it bit of clutch... no problem.. it's like YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

We're seriously considering a '13 Accord V6 6MT but I don't want to have to deal with all the hassle of the 05.

If I want to burn rubber, I don't want to have to concentrate to make a clean burn.. Axle hop is so annoying and embarrasing!!

The rest of the car review, nice, thanks, but I don't give a care.

I just want 300bhp with a 6MT, I know that I won't have an LSD.. I just want this baby to BURN RUBBER.

Imagine... it that moron at UCI again pulls that stunt.. next time it won't be a 20 foot chirp.. NOOOOOO... it will be a 200 yard burn out.

And, axle hop will have him laughing at me... how embarrassing.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 22:49
TonyE wrote:

Imagine... it that moron at UCI again pulls that stunt.. next time it won't be a 20 foot chirp.. NOOOOOO... it will be a 200 yard burn out.

But what if it's Mel Gibson crossing the street at UCI?
:)

ding
Profile for ding
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 09:14
FiSH-Chan wrote:
DCR wrote:
The drive was really good. The clutch and transmission were both so smooth I couldn't believe it. I can't remember a time when I have pressed a clutch down and didn't feel or hear anything...but this clutch is completely smooth and silent. There is also virtually no weight to it at all, which can go both ways for those who experience the car. If you like a little clutch heft, you are going to literally despise this car, but one thing I will say is that the feel of the car is so smooth from your left foot, through your steering hand and shifter that I would describe it as unique from any other Honda I have driven to date with a manual.

What you described sounded similar to my experience with a '88 manual Accord I borrowed from a friend many years ago. However, that is the only manual Accord I have ever driven so far so probably there is a difference between the the new one vs. all the manual Accords ever, but I will never know..

This is not the best way to introduce myself again but I left Honda and this forum about 4 years ago when I lost hope with Honda and went to Subaru. I was a Honda fanatic since my first 86 Integra. Anyway I moved to Subaru and purchased a 10 Outback, fantastic car for the money. More mainstream than past Subarus but still quirky. I also ended up leasing a 12 Impreza for myself. Inexpensive AWD but thats where it ended.
unlike my Outback this car seemed underpowered- 148hp and noisy but it had a great chassis. So I ended up trading it for small loss and getting a 13 Accord EXL. Wow what a car for my discounted price of 26k. Honda really put some effort into this one. A little firm of the chassis side but built like a rock. Plenty of tech and safety stuff although I wish FCW would stop the car and LW was on the drivers side also. Fit and finish is superb inside and out but the paint -White has a watered down look compared to my Subaru white. Much quieter but still hear a that typical Honda tire noise on marbled road sections. Cvt is flawless and even a step above Subaru's second gen unit in the 13 Otback and new Impreza, It's good to be back!
EXV6
Profile for EXV6
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 11:42
Gr8 review. Kinda makes me miss my old Acura Legend 5MT. Curious, what color was the Accord coupe you tested?

A77
Profile for A77
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 14:13
TonyE wrote:
ClementZ wrote:

I hated, ABSOLUTELY hated the clutch in my 2005 Accord 6MT. It picked up too high up on the travel, it was too light so your leg had to work to stay up and it was grabby...

It sucked.

I love the clutch in the Si, RSX-S, etc, etc... those are clutch pedals you can drive smoothly and simply control the car as a toy... you know? never use the brake, at an intersection, if it rolls back a bit, give it bit of clutch... no problem.. it's like YOU ARE IN CONTROL.

We're seriously considering a '13 Accord V6 6MT but I don't want to have to deal with all the hassle of the 05.

If I want to burn rubber, I don't want to have to concentrate to make a clean burn.. Axle hop is so annoying and embarrasing!!

I just want 300bhp with a 6MT, I know that I won't have an LSD.. I just want this baby to BURN RUBBER.

The clutch bears no comparison to the 7 gen accord V6-6 - which was as you say very abrupt. One lot person (I won't mention her gender...) we had simply could not drive it. I found it OK once used to it - just needed care. Subsequent Accord V6 clutches have been fine and the latest gen's is near perfect. Light, smooth, linear. I could just do with meatier steering. But it's OK.

Use the handbrake to stop rolling back - it is what it is for....just stops unnecessary clutch slip.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 15:49
EXV6 wrote:
Gr8 review. Kinda makes me miss my old Acura Legend 5MT. Curious, what color was the Accord coupe you tested?

The one I drove is red. I just drove it again in fact.

The clutch and transmission feel smoother to me than any Si I have owned or driven, and I have driven a lot of those. There nothing bad I can say about it.

The engagement point is pretty quick as you come up, so using it to control the car is quite easy...it isn't very high up at all.

They have a Modern Steel auto there too, and that is the color I would get.

BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 16:01
A77 wrote:The clutch bears no comparison to the 7 gen accord V6-6 - which was as you say very abrupt. One lot person (I won't mention her gender...) we had simply could not drive it. I found it OK once used to it - just needed care. Subsequent Accord V6 clutches have been fine and the latest gen's is near perfect. Light, smooth, linear. I could just do with meatier steering. But it's OK.

Use the handbrake to stop rolling back - it is what it is for....just stops unnecessary clutch slip.

Hahah! What?
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 17:08
OK... so the clutch is fine.

Now, two other not so important points

Using the Si as comparison.

(1) Is the steering too light?

(2) Will you miss the LSD?

I mean, your Si was no torque king but you could still lose the inside tire. I know I used to do that in the GSR... never did in the RSX-S because the suckey OEM tires would give before that...

I like the dark metallic grey. But it's my wife's color and our Si is that color. I love red but this car is too big to be red.

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 17:52
superchg2 wrote:
TonyE wrote:

But what if it's Mel Gibson crossing the street at UCI?
:)

They don't allow such a guy in UCI. Heck, he might even ask me for a quick ride out of that place.

He would appreciate the ride.

Once upon a time, UCI was known as The University of Civics and Integras and the kids had some good fast cars.. although I got sick of tired of kids in Civics DXs with Folger's can exhausts trying to raced me in the GSR.

Today, this generation has NO BALLS. It's all riced (kim chee'd) Kias, Hyundais.. all with automatics.. all SHOW, no GO.

The Staff? They've always been pansies over there. Corollas, Siennas.... These are the automotive eunuchs teaching our kids?
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 18:23
TonyE wrote:
OK... so the clutch is fine.

Now, two other not so important points

Using the Si as comparison.

(1) Is the steering too light?

(2) Will you miss the LSD?

I mean, your Si was no torque king but you could still lose the inside tire. I know I used to do that in the GSR... never did in the RSX-S because the suckey OEM tires would give before that...

I like the dark metallic grey. But it's my wife's color and our Si is that color. I love red but this car is too big to be red.

I don't think the steering is too light, but it is pretty damn light. I'd like more feedback, but it is what it is.

I would expect to have a similar experience in the 2013 as I did in the 2009 when it comes to lack of LSD. With the Si, I would just toss it in a corner because I knew exactly what the car was going to do. With the Accord, I don't play too much like that...I mean you can drive it pretty hard but it is less predictable, at least to me.

However, the merges and straight line speed of the Accord obviously add to areas the Si lacks some, but they are really two different cars that put me in two different mindsets when I own them.

If there is one negative I could toss in from the drive today, I would say that the shiny interior plastic on the dash is a bad idea design wise. Light and reflections get thrown off it really bad, and it is pretty distracting. In the pic below you can even see this easily. Also, in the non-nav model I drove, you gain a storage pocket where the nav controls are, and it is probably the same one as the 13 Civic.

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 18:29
ding wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
DCR wrote:

This is not the best way to introduce myself again but I left Honda and this forum about 4 years ago when I lost hope with Honda and went to Subaru. I was a Honda fanatic since my first 86 Integra. Anyway I moved to Subaru and purchased a 10 Outback, fantastic car for the money. More mainstream than past Subarus but still quirky. I also ended up leasing a 12 Impreza for myself. Inexpensive AWD but thats where it ended.
unlike my Outback this car seemed underpowered- 148hp and noisy but it had a great chassis. So I ended up trading it for small loss and getting a 13 Accord EXL. Wow what a car for my discounted price of 26k. Honda really put some effort into this one. A little firm of the chassis side but built like a rock. Plenty of tech and safety stuff although I wish FCW would stop the car and LW was on the drivers side also. Fit and finish is superb inside and out but the paint -White has a watered down look compared to my Subaru white. Much quieter but still hear a that typical Honda tire noise on marbled road sections. Cvt is flawless and even a step above Subaru's second gen unit in the 13 Otback and new Impreza, It's good to be back!

You drove a subby for a couple years??? I'm not gonna lie, I feel bad for you because of that. Welcome back.
ding
Profile for ding
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 18:57
RHalabi wrote:
ding wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
DCR wrote:

You drove a subby for a couple years??? I'm not gonna lie, I feel bad for you because of that. Welcome back.

No, My wife drives a 10 Outback and loves it. I was driving a 12 Impreza for a little under a year. I like the Outback great AWD wagon. The prez not so much. The Accord is the most solid car I have had. My favorite Accord was my 90 sedan. What a car. This 13 reminds me of that one as far as a solid build and quality
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 18:58
Here you go Tony...this is what I drove:

RHalabi
Profile for RHalabi
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 21:52
ding wrote:
RHalabi wrote:
ding wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:
DCR wrote:

No, My wife drives a 10 Outback and loves it. I was driving a 12 Impreza for a little under a year. I like the Outback great AWD wagon. The prez not so much. The Accord is the most solid car I have had. My favorite Accord was my 90 sedan. What a car. This 13 reminds me of that one as far as a solid build and quality

WOW! Mine too. 1991 ex-r.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-09-2012 19:13
I'd like to know the technical and mechanical differences between the VCM V6 and the one found in the 6MT coupe. As we all know the previous Accord VCM V6 was a dud as the torque curve had a large hole in the midrange while the non VCM V6 was the overachiever.

The current VCM V6 seems to have taken care of that issue as its nearly a second faster in the 1/4 and its trap speed has increased about 5-6mph while improving real world economy. I'm just wondering if they are in differences in output between the 2 revamped V6's.

~Patrick
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-09-2012 22:44
CivicB18 wrote:
I'd like to know the technical and mechanical differences between the VCM V6 and the one found in the 6MT coupe. As we all know the previous Accord VCM V6 was a dud as the torque curve had a large hole in the midrange while the non VCM V6 was the overachiever.

The current VCM V6 seems to have taken care of that issue as its nearly a second faster in the 1/4 and its trap speed has increased about 5-6mph while improving real world economy. I'm just wondering if they are in differences in output between the 2 revamped V6's.

~Patrick

The introduction of the 6 speed automatic probably has helped fuel mileage.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2012 01:15
superchg2 wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

The introduction of the 6 speed automatic probably has helped fuel mileage.

That and some friction reducing measures and a revamped VCM system.
The 6AT in my loaner RDX was very impressive as it was always in the right gear and it was smooth. It makes the 5AT in my TL feel ancient by comparison.

~Patrick
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord V6 6MT Coupe Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2012 11:02
Truly too big a car to be this bright red.

Perhaps in a dark red with a light brown leather interior. Like the first gen TSX.
ezshift5
Profile for ezshift5
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2012 11:06
A77 wrote:
TonyE wrote:
ClementZ wrote:

It sucked.

The clutch bears no comparison to the 7 gen accord V6-6 - which was as you say very abrupt. One lot person (I won't mention her gender...) we had simply could not drive it. I found it OK once used to it - just needed care. Subsequent Accord V6 clutches have been fine and the latest gen's is near perfect. Light, smooth, linear. I could just do with meatier steering. But it's OK.

ARE WE SAYING - Y'ALL HAVE GIVEN ME HOPE - THAT THE 2013 ACCORD 6M CLUTCH HAS THE SLAVE CYLINDER CHECK VALVE DELETE? (....SURE SOUNDS LIKE IT).

REGRET USE OF CAPS - - - BUT LIKE TONY INDICATES, THE GEN7 6M HAD A REALLY DOGSHIT CLUTCH...............

ez
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Let's talk '13 V6 6MT CLUTCH action.    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2012 13:01
You should drive one EZ. They are parked next to the hen's teeth at most dealers.

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0