[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: BTCC at Donington Park
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: 2015 MDX
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: TLX delayed till late summer.. Instead of May
Join Discussion......
HondaMobilia --> Re: Tenshodo RA273 Engine
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Acura NDX vs Lexus NX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
MDX --> Re: 2014 MDX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> FS: 09CivicSI: hasport, vibrant exhaust, AEM boost, A/F Uego, Prosport, IM cover, sway bar
Join Discussion......
Classifieds: Buy & Sell --> FS: 09CivicSI: hasport, vibrant exhaust, AEM boost, A/F Uego, Prosport, IM cover, sway bar
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: 6G Accord Transmission
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > IMA/Hybrids > > Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 19:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd has sold 11,472 hybrid cars in the country as at Sept 30 2012, maintaining its lead in the local hybrid market with a 66% share.

Of this total, the Insight model accounted for more than half or 55%, followed by the CR-Z, Jazz and Civic. [...]

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/528092
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2012 20:10
Honda Malaysia Sdn Bhd today announced that the 9th Generation Civic received more than 6,000 bookings as of October 2012. [Of which 1,493 are Civic hybrids]

http://www.honda.com.my/aboutus/press_detail/294/

Furthermore, the CKD jazz hybrid was launched in Malaysia in late Nov.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2012 20:16
According to Honda Japan,

42% of the Fit sold are hybrids;
88% of the Fit shuttle sold are hybrids;
50% of Freed sold are hybrids;
53% of Freed Spike sold are hybrids.

Overall, 44% of all Honda [non mini vehicles] sold from Jan-Oct are hybrids.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-04-2012 21:28
DrWhiner wrote:

May I ask where did you find the info broken down by models?

FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-05-2012 01:31
A friend of mine just got the very last Japan-built HJH. I did not know about this until he drove it up to my house. I have only seen one in person but never driven one but this time I got to drive one. It is really impressive and 'full ev' kick in a lot more and sooner. ECON is a bit annoying when driving in empty roads but I think it will work well for heavy traffic.

According to him, the CKD Jazz hybrid is not as impressive in features.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 17:23
danielgr wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

I'm almost elated. jk.

The link is on the front page of Honda Japan's web.
http://www.honda.co.jp/hybrid/
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 18:45
DrWhiner wrote:
danielgr wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

I'm almost elated. jk.

The link is on the front page of Honda Japan's web.
http://www.honda.co.jp/hybrid/

Hey, thanks for sharing !!!
I'd never noticed that website, wonder if it's updated on a monthly basis (will check it out in detail later).
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 19:03
The link on Honda's front page should be new, I think it (and the web page I linked) had not been that for more than a few weeks.
So It should prob. be updated regularly afterwards.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 18:04
FiSH-Chan wrote:
A friend of mine just got the very last Japan-built HJH. I did not know about this until he drove it up to my house. I have only seen one in person but never driven one but this time I got to drive one. It is really impressive and 'full ev' kick in a lot more and sooner. ECON is a bit annoying when driving in empty roads but I think it will work well for heavy traffic.

According to him, the CKD Jazz hybrid is not as impressive in features.

Don't forget Honda also increases the competitiveness of the model by reducing over 5,000 in price.

Q: How much is the local price of Prius C? And how does its features compare w/ Jazz hybrid?
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:39
DrWhiner wrote:
The link on Honda's front page should be new, I think it (and the web page I linked) had not been that for more than a few weeks.

Finally got time to check it out.

Unfortunately, it seems that's one of those PR webs Honda build from time to time. Their current figures are for January to October, and I don't think they'll be updating them. Also, unfortunately, they do not provide actual sales figures, and since numbers for each model aren't public, we don't know either number.

Do wonder though why manufacturers in Japan aren't forced to share their sales numbers in public like they do in the US for example (don't know if that's voluntary or law-enforced though).
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 21:16
DrWhiner wrote:
Q: How much is the local price of Prius C? And how does its features compare w/ Jazz hybrid?

It is competitive in PRICE, but overall for a owner, or in this case my friend at least, he thinks the Japan one is STILL worth it even with the extra MYR5000 (USD1636). If it is MYR15,000 then he will have thoughts but MYR5000 is piece of cake, it is just one about month salary. Especially when it comes to safety ONLY (don't include other features) it has 6 airbags vs 2 only which one would you choose for MYR5000? And it was also the very last one in this area.

Honestly, I did not bother to check out the Prius C. I know the car gets better mileage, and what I heard from friend's friend's friend's friend's who has one it has keyless entry like the Civics we get here, but it is such a horrible looking thing I don't want to look at it. Nobody I know thinks it looks good. I just checked, the web site states it is about MYR97,000.

So if you think about it, the only way the HJH to compete with the Prius is to decontent itself it is just not a good way at all imo, but luckily it looks billion times better than the Prius C and people can't stand having a ugly car..

My friend who bought the HJH also didn't like how it looks and how small it is. He did something like this when he walk into the Toyota showroom:

DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 00:25
danielgr wrote:
DrWhiner wrote:

Finally got time to check it out.

Unfortunately, it seems that's one of those PR webs Honda build from time to time. Their current figures are for January to October, and I don't think they'll be updating them. Also, unfortunately, they do not provide actual sales figures, and since numbers for each model aren't public, we don't know either number.

Do wonder though why manufacturers in Japan aren't forced to share their sales numbers in public like they do in the US for example (don't know if that's voluntary or law-enforced though).

Well, AFAIK these info (sales of specific models) were released w/ one/two months' lag.
e.g. the production numbers of all major automakers in JP are only released near the end of the following month [therefore, the latest info is prob. about Oct.]

the site w/ info about sales of most if not all hybrid modesl as referred by another poster was updated to Sept only [I checked it the same day I posted the original info.]

So I still hope Honda would update its info later this month.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 00:29
Correction:

Well, AFAIK these info (sales of specific models) were released w/ one/two a couple of months' lag.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 01:13
@Chan: How about the regular Jazz? How does the safety equipment of HJH compare w/ the regular one? I 'd be very surprised if the HJH has less safety equipment than the regualr one.

Would suppliers in your region be ready to supply the addtional equipment? How would import parts from outside your region be taxed?

Therefore, I'm always amzed that those 'smart' ToVers always know where to source a model, like Fit, in U.S. spec. nontheless. They prob. think switching the production facilties from one region to another is as easy as switching on the light.

OTOH, there are a few positives, the transmission gains an L gear; and the steering ratio and turn radius are tightened, albeit slightly.

If the gov't want to protect the country's local industry then consumers would have to pay a price.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 01:45
DrWhiner wrote:
@Chan: How about the regular Jazz? How does the safety equipment of HJH compare w/ the regular one? I 'd be very surprised if the HJH has less safety equipment than the regualr one.

Would suppliers in your region be ready to supply the addtional equipment? How would import parts from outside your region be taxed?

Therefore, I'm always amzed that those 'smart' ToVers always know where to source a model, like Fit, in U.S. spec. nontheless. They prob. think switching the production facilties from one region to another is as easy as switching on the light.

OTOH, there are a few positives, the transmission gains an L gear; and the steering ratio and turn radius are tightened, albeit slightly.

If the gov't want to protect the country's local industry then consumers would have to pay a price.

1. I assume the local HJH will be similar to the local Jazz. I haven't seen it personally, but from what I hear it is probably exactly the same as the CKD non-hybrid Jaazz except + IMA and maybe some extra things like different seat maybe more soundproof etc... Among many other things and a very obvious better build quality, the Japan built HJH has autoheadlights, auto wipers, paddle shift, etc... . My friend has more detail on it since was comparing it side by side however he is currently away on out of the country for several months. He says that it makes the CKD version look pretty bad.

2. I don't know about these things, sorry.

3. I thought switching was probably an easy task for Honda too, but seems not like it or they just don't think it is worthwhile for the market. ie. until recently, 2 airbags is acceptable 'safety'.

L gear? If you mean the CKD version, then probably because it doesn't have flappy paddle. I don't know about the turn radius and ratio though. Oh yeah, it also get drum brakes. This alone makes it look really bad from exterior... at least fit the same disc brakes from the City..
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2012 21:12
Are you aware that not even Civic's top model comes w/ six airbags in your country???

What would you expect, for the HJH that's 42,000 cheaper?
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2012 21:16
danielgr wrote:
I'd never noticed that website, wonder if it's updated on a monthly basis (will check it out in detail later).

Well, Honda has updated the web page for Nov:

87% of the Fit shuttle sold are hybrids;
52% of Freed Spike sold are hybrids.

Overall, 44% of all Honda [non mini vehicles] sold from Jan-Nov are hybrids.
danielgr
Profile for danielgr
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2012 21:26
DrWhiner wrote:
danielgr wrote:

Well, Honda has updated the web page for Nov:

87% of the Fit shuttle sold are hybrids;
52% of Freed Spike sold are hybrids.

Overall, 44% of all Honda [non mini vehicles] sold from Jan-Nov are hybrids.

Thanks for the update. Now we just need for Honda to tell us "how many Fit shuttle" or "Freed Spike" they sell. Would also be nice to know about the Insight and CR-Z. Do you know where could we find this info?

Long time ago a TOVer posted detailed info, but then seemed to run away when I asked him about ... Have not heard of him for a while...
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2012 21:28
DrWhiner wrote:
Are you aware that not even Civic's top model comes w/ six airbags in your country???

What would you expect, for the HJH that's 42,000 cheaper?

Just saying that the Japan HJH is TOO good, makes the local built looks like you getting shortchanged, even with lower price. To put this another way, I would not be saying all this if they brought a Japan built version that has only 2 airbags. Any person who can look with eyes and working brain can see the difference between the two side by side and see which one is the better value.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Sales in Malaysia [and other places]    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-12-2012 21:47
So what can Honda Malaysia do? Everyone knows the CBU Jazz hybrid is a stopgap measure.

Why people in your country don't demand 6 standard airbags in a car like the Civic?

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy