[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
General Talk --> Re: 2015 Honda Spirior Si
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Motorweek's 0-60 and 1/4 mile
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Silly little European engines
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Why no 3 Stage VTEC?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic (all new 10th-generation)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Rendering: Fit Type-R
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Bad Paint on my 14' Accord
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT 2015 Mustang review
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Wheels and Tires Forum --> Re: TLX Steel wheels ?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: S660
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Singapore Grand Prix - Spoilers
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Today's Reading Links > > Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
P54
Profile for P54
Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 20:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Consumer Reports is calling out Ford, saying the new C-Max and Fusion hybrids don't get anywhere near the 47 miles per gallon the automaker claims.

Several automakers have faced backlash after consumers discovered their cars don't quite hit the lofty fuel economy figures promised by the companies, and Ford may be the newest casualty of all this pesky fact-checking by critics and watchdogs.

The magazine drove the cars 2,000 miles and consistently got around 39 mpg for the Fusion and 37 mpg for the C-Max. Jake Fisher, director of auto testing for Consumer Reports, said this is the largest discrepancy between what automakers MPG claims and the actual real-world driving results.

"It's not to say these are bad cars at all; they still get excellent fuel economy," Fisher said. "But we've been doing this for a long time, and we've never seen such a difference between the EPA estimates and our numbers."

Ford said its figures were certified by the EPA, but the EPA only tests about 10 to 15 percent of the cars on the road. Ford said some early reports from customers showed the cars getting even better fuel economy than 47 mpg.

"This reinforces the fact that driving styles, driving conditions, and other factors can cause mileage to vary," said Wes Sherwood, a spokesman for Ford. For customers who want to optimize their fuel economy, the cars come with different driving coach software to help drivers get better fuel economy, he said.

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 21:47
47,47 and 47 sure sounded great!

I guess after spanking Hyundai, they need to spank Ford for fibbing.
sa3eedi
Profile for sa3eedi
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-06-2012 23:33
I would wait to see how the Accord does before gloating at all
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 00:11
Well, the Japanese 3, plus GM and Chrysler have publicly stated they are confident on their fuel economy ratings. Nissan's spokesman specifically said that they went back to recheck their procedures after Hyundai was outed for lying. Everyone seems confident so far.

And until the EPA's audits say otherwise, Ford is innocent. What CR did was their own random drive cycle, they in no way simulated the EPA mandated dyno test procedures. And that standard, flawed as it is, is what the automakers are allowed to advertise.
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 00:20
Who's gloating?

This is the last thing Ford needs at the moment. Hopefully for them, this will get lost in the sea of car news.

JP
Profile for JP
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 00:28
fuelly.com quotes an avg. of 38.8 mpg for the 2013 C-Max hybrid http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/c-max/hybrid%20l4 and an avg. of 39.9 mpg for the 2013 fusion hybrid http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/fusion/hybrid%20l4...

That is close to that CR is reporting...
Stien Azani
Profile for Stien Azani
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 02:09
CarPhreakD wrote:
Well, the Japanese 3, plus GM and Chrysler have publicly stated they are confident on their fuel economy ratings. Nissan's spokesman specifically said that they went back to recheck their procedures after Hyundai was outed for lying. Everyone seems confident so far.

And until the EPA's audits say otherwise, Ford is innocent. What CR did was their own random drive cycle, they in no way simulated the EPA mandated dyno test procedures. And that standard, flawed as it is, is what the automakers are allowed to advertise.

as per video, on the ending stated that the discrepancies are the worst so far..means Hyundai/Kia (that was found cheated) achieve better result from the CR testing
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 03:54
Why should people be surprised... It's a game.

Take an undersized turbo engine.
Run it through a light throttle drive cycle where the turbos barely run.
Claim outstanding economy.

Now.

Sell it to someone who
Has to keep the foot on the gas to keep the undersized engine keep up with traffic.
See much worse economy.

Mind you, not awful, because much of the time the engine is loafing, cruising at part throttle, but those times that your have to punch it, will kill your mileage.

If you want to see where EPA and reality meet.. look at some of the Nissans and the Hondas. Get a reasonably large engine so that you get reasonable mileage AND acceleration.

I think that soon the EPA test will have to take into account turbos... they may have to change the test to include specific acceleration profiles and reasonable speeds.
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 10:51
If you read the article, it seems like CR has trouble getting a lot of hybrids to get their stated MPG.

Make & model

CR overall mpg

EPA combined mpg

Difference

Ford C-Max SE

Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Toyota Prius C Two

Toyota Prius

Honda Civic Hybrid

Infiniti M35h

Lexus ES 300h

Buick LaCrosse (4-cyl., eAssist)

Honda Insight EX

Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Lexus RX 450h

Lexus CT 200h

Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE

Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Toyota Prius V Three

Chevrolet Malibu Eco

Honda CR-Z EX (manual)

A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Profile for A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 12:00
I am shocked that information is out the EPA actually test just 15% of models in the U.S. ... the rest is on the 'honor' system.

No wonder 'cheating' and 'gaming the system' is so rampant. The number deciding one factor in '12 for the automobile industry purchases is MPGs. The EPA needs to be testing these cars.
San-LC
Profile for San-LC
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 12:19
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O wrote:
I am shocked that information is out the EPA actually test just 15% of models in the U.S. ... the rest is on the 'honor' system.

No wonder 'cheating' and 'gaming the system' is so rampant. The number deciding one factor in '12 for the automobile industry purchases is MPGs. The EPA needs to be testing these cars.

I'm sure the EPA would test every car if they could, but this is not simply a 5 minute test per vehicle. There are a number of tests performed, and the EPA is the average of those tests. AND, everytime anything is changed with a vehicle's engine (including plastic cladding!), transmission, aerodynamics, or weight (must be significant), the vehicle must be re-evaluated. They simply do not have the manpower to test all vehicles on the road.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 12:22
CarGuyLee wrote:
If you read the article, it seems like CR has trouble getting a lot of hybrids to get their stated MPG.

Make & model

CR overall mpg

EPA combined mpg

Difference

Ford C-Max SE

Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Toyota Prius C Two

Toyota Prius

Honda Civic Hybrid

Infiniti M35h

Lexus ES 300h

Honda Insight EX

Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Lexus RX 450h

Lexus CT 200h

Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE

Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Toyota Prius V Three

Chevrolet Malibu Eco

Honda CR-Z EX (manual)

Wow the discrepancy for the C-MAX is huge. I'd say, 10% is fine (like the Camry, Insight, Civic and Sonata), after all, reality and EPA are different. But some of the cars in the list.............there's certainly a concern....at the very least things should be investigated....
typer_801
Profile for typer_801
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 12:37
Agreed, but typically Honda is conservative in their MPG estimates.

Wonder when the EPA audit will ensue? Probably will take more angry (Ford) motorists complaining before that will occur, but once they do, it will be a sea of bad news for Ford. And if the audit includes the F-150 and there's any discrepancy, the liability could be HUGE.

sa3eedi wrote:
I would wait to see how the Accord does before gloating at all

A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Profile for A.W.E.S.O.M. - O
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 13:28
San-LC wrote:
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O wrote:

I'm sure the EPA would test every car if they could, but this is not simply a 5 minute test per vehicle. There are a number of tests performed, and the EPA is the average of those tests. AND, everytime anything is changed with a vehicle's engine (including plastic cladding!), transmission, aerodynamics, or weight (must be significant), the vehicle must be re-evaluated. They simply do not have the manpower to test all vehicles on the road.

All the EPA has to do is have an 'EPA' certification fee that covers the cost of testing. What ... $100,000? $250,000? Manfacturers would pay it ... and it's chump change in the cost of the vehicle.

If they are unwilling to do that, they should attach a fine for cars that don't meet what a manufacturer states are the estimate. Nice 'n big too. How about a $10,000,000 fine for overtating mileage estimates ... per model.

What would have that cost Hyundai/Kia? I believe they had 13 models overstated ... that'd have been a $130,000,000 fine. Sounds about right for a cheater on the scale of Hyundai/Kia.
NSXman
Profile for NSXman
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 13:51
How can you account for all the different driving styles? The numbers are what are theoretically possible in the pie in the sky. If Ford could show that under light acceleration on the flattest roads that 47 is possible then it is possible. If one person gets 20% worse, someone gets 10% worse, and someone else gets 2% better...all it shows me is that there are too many variables to measure. Cities where you run your A/C all the time, or cities that have lots of hills, or cities with horrible traffic, or drivers with lead feet, or hyper-miler drivers, etc all vary real world MPGs and if Ford followed EPA rules it isn't their fault. We can't say that they cheated based upon one magazine's findings...that is very reactionary and hardly fair.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 17:59
Stien Azani wrote:
CarPhreakD wrote:

as per video, on the ending stated that the discrepancies are the worst so far..means Hyundai/Kia (that was found cheated) achieve better result from the CR testing

Don't misunderstand me. I am not talking about "discrepancies" when comparing lab vs. real world analysis. I am talking about the fact that the way that Hyundai/Kia arrived at their mileage figures and submitted to the EPA is false. That wasn't a situation where Hyundai/Kia did not match their numbers, it was a situation where they simply lied about the numbers in the first place.

Consumer Reports had a chart comparison to their other hybrid vehicles. No Korean car manufacturers on that list: The second worst offenders belong in the Prius family.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 18:04
A.W.E.S.O.M. - O wrote:

Yeah, they can do that. Unless the government mandates that car manufacturers pay for the tests though, then you will have to shell out of your own tax money. This also expands the EPA's authority quite a bit.

You can guess what happened with Hyundai though right? One of their cars were audited and then found not to match their stated FE. They tested some more and then the shit hit the fan.

I'm pretty sure that even now as we speak, the EPA is stepping up the number of audits.

NSXman wrote:
How can you account for all the different driving styles? The numbers are what are theoretically possible in the pie in the sky. If Ford could show that under light acceleration on the flattest roads that 47 is possible then it is possible. If one person gets 20% worse, someone gets 10% worse, and someone else gets 2% better...all it shows me is that there are too many variables to measure. Cities where you run your A/C all the time, or cities that have lots of hills, or cities with horrible traffic, or drivers with lead feet, or hyper-miler drivers, etc all vary real world MPGs and if Ford followed EPA rules it isn't their fault. We can't say that they cheated based upon one magazine's findings...that is very reactionary and hardly fair.

Like I said, the only way to say that Ford cheated is to run the actual EPA cycles, on a dyno, per test conditions, and then report the findings. That's the only way.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 18:41
Stien Azani wrote:

As far as I can understand this, I think the only thing I could say is Hyundai/Kia got closer to their EPA ratings under CR's testing. [Less discrepancy - if that's what you're referring to as "better result", not necessary CR's has achieved "better result" than EPA's rating]
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 18:48
CarPhreakD wrote:
Consumer Reports had a chart comparison to their other hybrid vehicles. No Korean car manufacturers on that list: The second worst offenders belong in the Prius family.

I think you need to read that again, carefully this time.

According to another poster, CR found Hyundai Sonata hybrid to be 3 mpg short.

BTW, that doesn't mean Kia Optima hybrid is cleared by CR. I just don't think it was tested.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 19:55
CarGuyLee wrote:

Make & model

CR overall mpg

EPA combined mpg

Difference

Ford C-Max SE

Ford Fusion Hybrid SE

Toyota Prius C Two

Toyota Prius

Honda Civic Hybrid

Infiniti M35h

Lexus ES 300h

Honda Insight EX

Hyundai Sonata Hybrid

Lexus RX 450h

Lexus CT 200h

Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE

Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Toyota Prius V Three

Chevrolet Malibu Eco

Honda CR-Z EX (manual)

1. IF your intention is to make this thread as long (and wasteful) and difficult to read as possible, I'm glad you apparently succeeded.

2. Joking aside, I think it'd be more useful to compare the MPG discrepancy in percentage terms.

3. It'd would be vastly more valuable if You would dig into the test results from CR of non-hybrids and see how they compare with the hybrids.
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:02
Make & model CR overall mpg EPA combined mpg Difference

Ford C-Max SE 37 / 47 / 10 / -21%
Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 39 / 47 / 8 / -17%
Toyota Prius C Two 43 / 50 / 7 / -14%
Toyota Prius 44 / 50 / 6 / -12%
Honda Civic Hybrid 40 / 44 / 4 / -9%
Infiniti M35h 25 / 29 / 4 / -14%
Lexus ES 300h 36 / 40 / 4 / -10%
Buick LaCrosse (4-cyl., eAssist) 26 / 29 / 3 / -10%
Honda Insight EX 38 / 41 / 3 / -7%
Hyundai Sonata Hybrid 33 / 36 / 3 / -8%
Lexus RX 450h 26 / 29 / 3 / -10%
Lexus CT 200h 40 / 42 / 2 / -5%
Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 38 / 40 / 2 / -5%
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 19 / 20 / 1 / -5%
Toyota Highlander Hybrid 27 / 28 / 1 / -4%
Toyota Prius V Three 41 / 42 / 1 / -2%
Chevrolet Malibu Eco 29 / 29 / 0 / 0%
Honda CR-Z EX (manual) 35 / 34 / +1 / +3%
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:12
After some digging,

CR overall / EPA combined / mpg diff / percentage
Hyundai Elantra 29 / 33 (originally submitted by Hyundai) / -4 / -12%
Honda Civic LX 30 / 32 / -2 / -6%

TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:29
NSXman wrote:

Sorry, that's not a valid excuse.

The EPA ratings comparison only works for similar types of engines.

This is because real world driving, irrespective of driving style, is far more strenuous than the EPA cycle.

Any time you start allowing different types of engines with truly wildly different modes of operations when running outside the parameters of the EPA test, then you run into a serious issue.

The important thing here is when there is a non linear discontinuity in the performance of the engine between the EPA performance and real life performance. This is how manufacturers 'honestly' game the EPA test.

Such engines will do wonderfully within the parameters of the EPA test but will fail miserably in the real world.

Examples:

1) Small, undersized turbo engines that run non turbo in the EPA test.
2) Plug in hybrids.
3) hybrids with regenerative braking and large batteries.
4) Automatic transmissions that are programmed to go high gears under even medium loads.

The solution, of course, is for the EPA to implement a new set of tests and ratings.

a) Standard EPA light test... current.
b) Urban/Traffic Jam EPA test... lots of stop and go, medium acceleration, 50 mpg max
c) Suburban EPA test... less few stops and go, medium to fast accelerations, speeds between 0 to 70.
d) Highway test.. very few stops and go, a few fast accelerations to simulate passing, speeds of 50 to 70
e) Freeway test.. almost no stops and go, steady speeds between 65 to 80.

Add the California penalty to achieve CARB numbers...

e1) AC at full blast
e2) DC loads for two smart phones and a iPod.
e3) worn out Moonbeam stickers on the bumper induce a 3% hit due to wind drag.

Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-07-2012 20:34
I kind of suspected this might be an issue when I first heard the EPA rating for the Fusion Hybrid. Not necessarily about the real world discrepancy (because of course there always is), but rather that it would be more noticeable due to the common city/highway rating.

The Civic HF, for example, is rated 29 city, 41 highway. That's a wide stretch. If you're getting 30mpg, it's not great, but you're still falling within the "expected" range. When a car is rated 47/47... well, you expect to get 47. And anything less will be less than expected. It's setting consumers up for disappointment.

Let's see if the RLX Hybrid has the same issue. With a rating of 30/30, how is it going to be received when the reviews start showing low 20s, high teens during their tests?
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 00:13
DrWhiner wrote:

After further investigation, the EPA combined mpg of 36 is actually revised downward after Hyundai admitted overstatement.

According to the original data submitted by Hyundai, the original EPA combined mpg was 37 mpg.

Hyundai Sonata hybrid 33 / 37 / 4 / -11%
DrWhiner
Profile for DrWhiner
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-08-2012 01:48
After further investigation, the EPA combined mpg of 36 is actually after downward revision because Hyundai inflated EPA ratings of some models.
CarPhreakD
Profile for CarPhreakD
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-10-2012 19:23
TonyE wrote:
NSXman wrote:

Sorry, that's not a valid excuse.

The EPA ratings comparison only works for similar types of engines.

This is because real world driving, irrespective of driving style, is far more strenuous than the EPA cycle.

Any time you start allowing different types of engines with truly wildly different modes of operations when running outside the parameters of the EPA test, then you run into a serious issue.

The important thing here is when there is a non linear discontinuity in the performance of the engine between the EPA performance and real life performance. This is how manufacturers 'honestly' game the EPA test.

Such engines will do wonderfully within the parameters of the EPA test but will fail miserably in the real world.

Examples:

1) Small, undersized turbo engines that run non turbo in the EPA test.
2) Plug in hybrids.
3) hybrids with regenerative braking and large batteries.
4) Automatic transmissions that are programmed to go high gears under even medium loads.

The solution, of course, is for the EPA to implement a new set of tests and ratings.

a) Standard EPA light test... current.
b) Urban/Traffic Jam EPA test... lots of stop and go, medium acceleration, 50 mpg max
c) Suburban EPA test... less few stops and go, medium to fast accelerations, speeds between 0 to 70.
d) Highway test.. very few stops and go, a few fast accelerations to simulate passing, speeds of 50 to 70
e) Freeway test.. almost no stops and go, steady speeds between 65 to 80.

Add the California penalty to achieve CARB numbers...

e1) AC at full blast
e2) DC loads for two smart phones and a iPod.
e3) worn out Moonbeam stickers on the bumper induce a 3% hit due to wind drag.

Test schedule
CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: Consumer Reports calls out Ford for false Fusion, C-Max hybrid fuel economy claims    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-11-2012 09:28
DrWhiner wrote:

Ford C-Max SE 37 / 47 / 10 / -21%
Ford Fusion Hybrid SE 39 / 47 / 8 / -17%
Toyota Prius C Two 43 / 50 / 7 / -14%
Toyota Prius 44 / 50 / 6 / -12%
Honda Civic Hybrid 40 / 44 / 4 / -9%
Infiniti M35h 25 / 29 / 4 / -14%
Lexus ES 300h 36 / 40 / 4 / -10%
Buick LaCrosse (4-cyl., eAssist) 26 / 29 / 3 / -10%
Honda Insight EX 38 / 41 / 3 / -7%
Lexus RX 450h 26 / 29 / 3 / -10%
Lexus CT 200h 40 / 42 / 2 / -5%
Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE 38 / 40 / 2 / -5%
Chevrolet Tahoe Hybrid 19 / 20 / 1 / -5%
Toyota Highlander Hybrid 27 / 28 / 1 / -4%
Toyota Prius V Three 41 / 42 / 1 / -2%
Chevrolet Malibu Eco 29 / 29 / 0 / 0%
Honda CR-Z EX (manual) 35 / 34 / +1 / +3%

1. Thanks for doing all this work, I just copied and pasted, some people have a lot of time on their hands since nothing else is going on in life.
2. Joking aside, the percentages do help.
3. Back to the time on your hands thing. I do recall a recent article showing CR was able to get #'s a lot higher than EPA especially on HWY. I think Civic was 47, the Altima was 44. Since you don't have anything going on maybe you can find them for us.

Thanks for your help

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0