[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
TLX --> Re: TLX V6 Dyno
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> CARFAX vs Others
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Acura TLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Singapore Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
Fit (and Jazz) --> Re: new Honda Jazz shows it's face...
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Look what just arrived!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D long term test Accord Sport
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX 2.4 road feel & responsiveness?
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: More Tidbits on the 2015 Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
IMA/Hybrids --> Re: Civic Hybrid vs. Accord Sport - thoughts...
Join Discussion......
EL/CSX --> Re: Knocking 1998 1.6 EL, new engine???
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Is my engine a vtec
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Spy Shots > > Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1] 2
Author
  Post New Thread
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 21:13
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Looks like the RLX has been in use for some time now in China, look at the drivers door. Tissues, and water/ dirt stains in the door handle and steering wheel. Only half the car is covered in Camo. It looks like a top trim FWD PAWS model, being LED headlights and smaller rims (17's??) The interior is loaded however and there is a All-Around top view camera and load more tech!

Looks very nice!

http://rl.acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=852173&page=17
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:03

Thanks for the pics, what's that Brake Hold button for?
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:14
FiSH-Chan wrote:

Its for if your on a hill stopped at a stop sign or stop light. It holds the brakes for you till you either push the button again or hit the gas. Its easier then having to put the car in park or keep your foot pressed on the break. A very upscale luxury feature.

The Acura RLX compared to the Acura RL shows major improvements and shows just how serious Acura is getting.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:26
Hondatalover wrote:

Its for if your on a hill stopped at a stop sign or stop light. It holds the brakes for you till you either push the button again or hit the gas. Its easier then having to put the car in park or keep your foot pressed on the break. A very upscale luxury feature.

The Acura RLX compared to the Acura RL shows major improvements and shows just how serious Acura is getting.

Not that upmarket! I leased a Peugeot 3008 on a recent European trip, and it's brake [hold] assist actually activated automatically when it perceived a steep incline - releasing automatically when you accelerated. Great feature.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:36
Then maybe thats what this does, thats just a button to turn it off/ on?
The Honda CR-Z Hybrid with the 6sp I think has the Hill Assist feature. I'm assuming this would too. At least we know this will most likely be a standard feature, unlike its competitors. Then again, how often is this expected to be used?? lol.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:42
THERE YOU GO HONDA! Now that is luxury!
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:56
1) Doesnt looks roomy
2) Interior design is not worthy enough for a flagship. For $50K, I think Lexus GS's interior wins.
JP
Profile for JP
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 23:10
BachelorFrog wrote:
1) Doesnt looks roomy
2) Interior design is not worthy enough for a flagship. For $50K, I think Lexus GS's interior wins.

+1

that's weird...
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 23:18
BachelorFrog wrote:
1) Doesnt looks roomy

How the hell can you say that form those photos?? The current car is plenty roomy enough other than being a couple of inches short in rear legroom. You can't tell if that has been increased in those photos??
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 23:25
sadlerau wrote:
Not that upmarket! I leased a Peugeot 3008 on a recent European trip, and it's brake [hold] assist actually activated automatically when it perceived a steep incline - releasing automatically when you accelerated. Great feature.

Maybe to override it if you need to creep uphill. With such a big engine you might tap the pedal too hard and instead of move 3-4 inches you shoot 4-5 feet into the drain.

I can see this feature useful for manual cars I don't know why it is needed on automatic, pressing the brake in Drive is the easiest thing in the world to do.

P.S. I am not familiar with Peugeots but that the numbers they use are getting ridiculous
JP
Profile for JP
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 23:41
JP wrote:
BachelorFrog wrote:
1) Doesnt looks roomy

+1

that's weird...

It has winter tires, btw... blizzak something...
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 23:50
FiSH-Chan wrote:

I can see this feature useful for manual cars I don't know why it is needed on automatic, pressing the brake in Drive is the easiest thing in the world to do.

P.S. I am not familiar with Peugeots but that the numbers they use are getting ridiculous

The auto I had would certainly not hold on some of the steep slopes I encountered during my mountain village touring :) After being initially dubious to it's necessity, I certainly changed my mind - especially for those less car savy.

Peugeot 3008/308 is like a Stream/Civic twining. 4008 is like a CRV. I'll write up a report when I get a chance. :)
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 00:05
Yup, this is very underwhelming.

sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 00:55
DCR wrote:
Yup, this is very underwhelming.

Skeptical as I am, I will at least wait till people have "tasted" the new offerings.......................
eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 01:19
probably works something like this

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/insights/technology/technology_guide/articles/electromechanical_parking_brake.html
ClementZ
Profile for ClementZ
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 01:41
Looks pretty good to me.
Not sure what everyone was expecting though, especially those that feel underwhelmed.
Mind elaborating, anyone?
lexusgs
Profile for lexusgs
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 01:54
That is pretty much the same exact interior as the concept, down to the steering wheel. I was hoping they would add something to that mediocre design with more attention to detail. The last RL blows that interior away. I am holding out hope that this one in China is not the interior we are getting and the reveal will reveal something nicer that looks like more effort was put into it. It better be a very good drive because that interior is not anything special or class leading if that is what we are getting. The RL at least had the nicest interior in its class.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 02:10
It looks like the design folks at Acura are due for some overhaulin'!

eneka
Profile for eneka
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 04:46
lexusgs wrote:
That is pretty much the same exact interior as the concept, down to the steering wheel. I was hoping they would add something to that mediocre design with more attention to detail. The last RL blows that interior away. I am holding out hope that this one in China is not the interior we are getting and the reveal will reveal something nicer that looks like more effort was put into it. It better be a very good drive because that interior is not anything special or class leading if that is what we are getting. The RL at least had the nicest interior in its class.

the picture of the door controls look pretty much exactly the same as the 2013 accord...down to the seat memory.
TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 07:57
eneka wrote:
lexusgs wrote:

the picture of the door controls look pretty much exactly the same as the 2013 accord...down to the seat memory.

The navi controls look very similar if not the same as the Accord too...

Maybe Acura should have gone with a wide screen format like BMW and Lexus because I'm not seeing a lot of separation between this and the Accord when it comes to actual controls, despite the fact the RLX will appear to have an upper dash swathed in leather like the ZDX (still think ZDX 'monolith' style controls were classy and special).

Big_Boi
Profile for Big_Boi
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 09:49
Acura's in trouble if this is the best they have. Thats is the flagship models interior, you have got to be kidding me. Infinti's had around car view on there cars for years so that is old tech not new. Might as well buy a V6 accord fully loaded or the new TL when that comes out.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 10:13
Big_Boi wrote:
Acura's in trouble if this is the best they have. Thats is the flagship models interior, you have got to be kidding me. Infinti's had around car view on there cars for years so that is old tech not new. Might as well buy a V6 accord fully loaded or the new TL when that comes out.

+10
DavidJ
Profile for DavidJ
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 11:02
Big_Boi wrote:

With this RLX about the same size as the Accord, interior about the quality level of the TL, and manufactured in the US. It leaves no room for a TLX.
JP
Profile for JP
Re: 2014 Acura TLX test mule?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 11:25
DavidJ wrote:
Big_Boi wrote:

With this RLX about the same size as the Accord, interior about the quality level of the TL, and manufactured in the US. It leaves no room for a TLX.

Or maybe that is the TLX test mule..

Why would you use winter tires and camo?

That would explain the non-that-luxyry interior, plus the non-spacious size we are expecting...
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2014 Acura TLX test mule?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 11:39
That ain't no mule.
Nugstep
Profile for Nugstep
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 12:40
Hondatalover wrote:
FiSH-Chan wrote:

I believe this is standard in all new model US Hondas now. It's in my 2013 Accord and it's in my 2010 Pilot. I also know that it's in the CRV and CRZ. I'd be surprised if it's not in the rest of their models too, except maybe the low end like the Fit. There's no button involved though, the car senses you're on an incline and it automatically holds the brake for 3 seconds or you hit the accelerator, whichever happens first.

Last edited by JeffX on 11-27-2012 00:51
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 12:50
What the heck is a Nugstep?
Gumbercules
Profile for Gumbercules
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 12:57
Big_Boi wrote:

That's also my initial reaction. I'm not a luxury car expert so I don't know how they could improve, but rather than bash and judge, it would be more useful to see more suggestions. For example, i think the center screen looks awkward sorrow red by the slants on the left and right and there's too much empty space.
Hondatalover
Profile for Hondatalover
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 19:01
I don't see how all of you could bash this. Its defiantly not a downgrade in my book as much as it is a upgrade, no matter how little of a upgrade it really is.

1) The car is defiantly bigger. Despite having a shorter wheel base and over hangs form the previous RL.

2) The interior is upscale and very well designed. Simple and clean flowing curved lines that have been proved to stimulate a welcoming feeling. Something you want when being behind the wheel for hours. the twin LCD displays (one being touch) cleans it up nicely, removing millions of buttons. Something ALL of you complained about.

And finally,
3) As its been said and we all know, the car will be LOADED with features standard.

As far as I'm concerned, the RLX looks ALOT better then the new razor bladed Lexus, and their interiors.

I'm a true Honda loyalist, and its not fair for me to say all these things about other cars when i've never driven them, being 16 I couldn't, but what is fair is that I put my input in on all of this. And I think in this economy, no matter your financial state, the car will be best in class for its value. Reliability like no other, performance for figures like no other, and standard tech like no other for the lower price compared to similar equipped competition.

I noticed ALOT of jealous Lexus fanboys on here. And their not jealous cause of the RLX, they are jealous cause they see Acura's potential. --As long as Acura prices it right below 48K

Of course the RLX may not be as fun without RWD, but how often do you guys do burnouts and donuts in the places you live? How well can yall drive in the snow? How often do you race the car beside you to 60? Exactly. Acura is being very conservative, but logical with all of their cars. That doesn't mean they're not fun or game changers, cause they are.

And I say that with the exception of the ILX.. that POS suited up Civic needs to be have a Coupe variant like this one I made some time ago. Everyone still thinks its a Integra comeback when its not..but Acura still needs to gain some sells and beef the Base trim up a tad more. !!EARTHDREAMS!!

DevilMayCry
Profile for DevilMayCry
Re: 2014 Acura RLX Camo Removal and Interior shots (inside car)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 19:16
I, for 1, I'm preparing myself to be underwhelmed, come Wednesday!

Thread Page - [1] 2
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0