[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
ILX --> Re: Any chance for manual ilx with tlx direct injected 2.4?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: 2015 CR-V Reviews
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: INDYCAR--Pagenaud defects! What is HPD's future?
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Kurdish Mad Max war vehicles
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Motorweek's 0-60 and 1/4 mile
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: How many are on social media ?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Tech vs Accord CVT Touring
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: latest CTR details
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015!
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: CONTACT NOW!!! DIRECT URGENT HELP TO GET YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Heading to a CR-V Preview tomorrow. What do you want to see?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Audi - Vorpsrung durch Copycat
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Heard some old rumor that I really doubt
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
NealX
Profile for NealX
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 02:32
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I don't know what that means: Quite a stretch?

I think a ways back when one of the first, new Civic spy shots was seen - it was of a black car in a China display room. My first thought was that it seemed most appropriate and home there. Context?

As if it was designed to a price point for Chinese sales and had the ground clearance for their rough roads to cement the impression. And seeing essentially the same sort of stance for the ILX currently on tour there, well, I guess that's stuck with me ever since...
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 12:23
I prefer the front bumper on this:
s2ktaxi
Profile for s2ktaxi
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 12:29
Potenza
Profile for Potenza
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 12:53
s2ktaxi wrote:

Me too. Similar, but with much better detailing. The upper grille still needs to change, though.

Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-01-2012 15:23
s2ktaxi wrote:

Haven't seen one of these yet (in Australia)... Man that bit of plastic triangle really does look tacky.

I wish they'd use some of the City's front design on other cars:

Maybe make the headlights/grille thinner on the Civic. Will probably look better with HIDs too..

Tigerriot
Profile for Tigerriot
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 05-13-2012 10:18
I hope this is the NA 2013 Civic. Take away the spoiler and it's an improvement across the board to me. I might even buy one if the interior was equally improved.

rancho1
Profile for rancho1
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 03:44
?????????????!!!!!!!!!

HONDA AFVM
Profile for HONDA AFVM
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 09:23
rancho1 wrote:
?????????????!!!!!!!!!

The Si Front end is much more appealing with it's lack of chrome. I do have to say, when I see a Cruze on the road, it is sitting JUST RIGHT! It has a very small wheel gap and they have larger wheels......Although the Cruze isn't as nice as the Civic in many ways, it sure has a better road stance.
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 13:34
I really don't think we will see drastic styling changes for the MMC rather Honda will focus on drivetrain upgrades, chassis/suspension tweaks, feature content and upgraded interior materials.

~Patrick
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 21:43
CivicB18 wrote:
I really don't think we will see drastic styling changes for the MMC rather Honda will focus on drivetrain upgrades, chassis/suspension tweaks, feature content and upgraded interior materials.

~Patrick

Don't forget crappy styling is the main weak point of the 2012 Civic. It would be absolutely stupid of Honda not to do anything about it. I really hope the change is something similar to the refreshed TL. They turned it from a butt ugly car to a really good looking one with just some minor styling changes.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 22:02
Chocs wrote:

Haven't seen one of these yet (in Australia)... Man that bit of plastic triangle really does look tacky.

The plastic triangle can be improved by just making it flat instead of with a border... i cannot understand they can't stretch the glass so it is one piece, like the City's? Then again the City's had this 2/3 inch of black plastic for the tweeter that blocks the view out at the corner... I have to really see for myself just how much view out this setup can allow and if it is worth it.
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 22:39
FiSH-Chan wrote:
Chocs wrote:

The plastic triangle can be improved by just making it flat instead of with a border... i cannot understand they can't stretch the glass so it is one piece, like the City's? Then again the City's had this 2/3 inch of black plastic for the tweeter that blocks the view out at the corner... I have to really see for myself just how much view out this setup can allow and if it is worth it.

I am now seeing quite a few on the roads locally - and I do like the look of them [even allowing for the weak detailing of the rear lights]. In person, the third front window is a non event, you don't see any awkwardness [in my eyes at least] as your perspective changes, unlike looking at a static photo. More importantly, once again quoting a motoring tester [as I haven't driven the car myself yet] the new front quarter window layout does improve the visual outlook, getting rid of a blind spot that existed on the 8th Gen.

It does look, superficially at least, a lot like the outgoing model, but I have no problem with that - if the new model improves on the out going. And IMHO the much "sharper" looking 9th Gen does improve on the look of the 8th Gen, by some margin.

Of course this view is not tainted by the cheapening of the interior that the North American model has been foisted with - hopefully that will change in the MMC.
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 22:56
sadlerau wrote:
More importantly, once again quoting a motoring tester [as I haven't driven the car myself yet] the new front quarter window layout does improve the visual outlook, getting rid of a blind spot that existed on the 8th Gen.

Yeah compared to the 8th gen, the view out of that is quite bad at the corner. But say, compared to the City's, which is already better than 8th gen view... there is a black plastic piece that could be get rid of so the view out can be slightly better... it's just 2 or 3 inch. If the City's mirror move to the door like on the 9th gen Civic, remove the twetter plastic piece and make the window slight longer... then would improves things a lot too. No need front triangle window.

So aside from trying to look like the 8th gen Civic's front triangle... I am really wondering, if that is necessary there at all? Perhaps having the fornt window glass that long/stronger makes it cost too much?
sadlerau
Profile for sadlerau
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-04-2012 23:21
FiSH-Chan wrote:
Yeah compared to the 8th gen, the view out of that is quite bad at the corner. But say, compared to the City's, which is already better than 8th gen view... there is a black plastic piece that could be get rid of so the view out can be slightly better... it's just 2 or 3 inch. If the City's mirror move to the door like on the 9th gen Civic, remove the twetter plastic piece and make the window slight longer... then would improves things a lot too. No need front triangle window.

So aside from trying to look like the 8th gen Civic's front triangle... I am really wondering, if that is necessary there at all? Perhaps having the fornt window glass that long/stronger makes it cost too much?

I don't profess to know the engineering niceties of the 9th Gen door design, but I'm sure that if it were possible for the window to work [from the point of view of not having that extra pane] Honda would have gone with it. Either the extra width is too heavy for the window mechanism, or the shape of the door and glass would have restricted the glass retraction to an unacceptable degree. Who knows?? :)
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2012 13:23
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

Don't forget crappy styling is the main weak point of the 2012 Civic. It would be absolutely stupid of Honda not to do anything about it. I really hope the change is something similar to the refreshed TL. They turned it from a butt ugly car to a really good looking one with just some minor styling changes.

Styling was criticized but it wasn't the number one issue with the Civic. Interior material quality, soft chassis dynamics and reduced tactile performance are the main issues and have been widely criticized by many publications.

~Patrick
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-05-2012 18:24
CivicB18 wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

Styling was criticized but it wasn't the number one issue with the Civic. Interior material quality, soft chassis dynamics and reduced tactile performance are the main issues and have been widely criticized by many publications.

~Patrick

Actually, only the interior finish is the issue with the Si.... the engine is powerful enough and the handling is quite good.
Chocs
Profile for Chocs
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2012 07:20
Saw a white one parked today. Didn't get to examine it closely as I was driving past it, but it looked alright.

The tail lights may have lost its distinguishing look, but it looks better integrated with the body design. Only managed a quick glimpse though..
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 07-06-2012 11:48
HONDA AFVM wrote:
[...
The Si Front end is much more appealing with it's lack of chrome.

Yes. The black shiny "wing" looks very nice... specially on our Polished Metal Metallic.

Indeed, the PMM is likely the color I like the most of all current Civics.. even more than red... It shows the body lines quite well.
97SiR
Profile for 97SiR
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-24-2012 00:27
Wow, the Si with Hybrid tails looks awesome
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Is this the North American 2013 Civic sedan MMC?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-24-2012 08:01
97SiR wrote:
Wow, the Si with Hybrid tails looks awesome

Ooooh Where did you see them! I wanna see!

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0