[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
NSX prototype smolders at the 'Ring
2016 NSX Spied at the 'Ring, Part II
Production 2016 Acura NSX caught testing at the 'Ring!
2015 CR-V MMC info, with color list. CVT confirmed
2015 TLX Pricing info released over the holiday weekend
General Talk --> Re: TODAY IS MY LAST DAY IN MY 40'S.........
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2014 Paris Auto Show Surprises!
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: 2 months until 2015 MMC?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Singapore Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Rendering: Fit Type-R
Join Discussion......
Photoshops --> Re: Truck more or less
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT 2015 Mustang review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Silly little European engines
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Honda FCEV update
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: 2016 ILX MMC spied with little camo
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: More Tidbits on the 2015 Honda CR-V
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Where are the sport hybrids???
Join Discussion......
Strictly Technical --> Re: Why no 3 Stage VTEC?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: NASA Honda Challenge Championships Video Highlights
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Civic > > I just realized

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Author
  Post New Thread
owequitit
Profile for owequitit
Re: 2013 Civic -the notion of the MPGR (Random)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-11-2012 00:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
DCR wrote:
Yes, but only if they offer black as the only color.

Oddly, I have met quite a few young people in the last couple months that are actually learning how to drive manuals, and they all like it. They simply never learned how to drive one because they didn't have access to them.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Civic -the notion of the MPGR (Random)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-11-2012 01:11
P54 wrote:
giltibo wrote:
The day Honda stops making MT cars is the day they lose me a s a customer! I W I L L N O T D R I V E A N A U T O M A T I C H O N D A!!!

Right now I drive a 5MT '08 Accord. The same car with an AT is more boring than watching paint dry. An AT Civic is even worse!

R E A L H O N D A S H A V E 3 P E D A L S O N T H E F L O O R.

Might as well remove all badges from all Hondas with ATs (Call them Toyawntas), they're a shame to the brand!

Honda still offers MT, however majority of buyers opt for AT. If AT is a shame for the brand then Honda might us well quit making cars. If it is a shame I guess you are insulting more than 90% of the buyers. If Honda stop MT you will be hard pressed to find other makers with MT.

Giltibo just happens to feel strongly in favor of sticks. As slick as Honda's sticks are, it's not too hard to believe.

I doubt he was trying to insult anybody. And we all know that Honda is going to keep on building plenty of automatic's.
:)
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 13:55
Not the best pictures, it's CG like the "build your Honda" on honda.com, but it gives you a look at it from a different angle and shows what looks like an LX.

http://www.bensonhonda.com/clp-2013-honda-civic-san-antonio-tx
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 14:20
according2kev wrote:
Not the best pictures, it's CG like the "build your Honda" on honda.com, but it gives you a look at it from a different angle and shows what looks like an LX.

http://www.bensonhonda.com/clp-2013-honda-civic-san-antonio-tx

The LX is still on 15" steel wheels. I wonder if it also has rear drum brakes like the '12 model year.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 15:13
I love the LX wheels, even if they are just wheel covers. It's kind of interesting how much they match the EX and EX-L wheels.

A77
Profile for A77
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 16:13
They look alloy to me - they are also Continental tires - not the firestones.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 16:19
A77 wrote:

"They look alloy to me" - I guess Honda did a really good job.

If you look really closely, you can see the holes typical of all steel wheels with wheel covers. Also, the EX and above wheels are larger, shinier, and have a slightly different design.

magueto
Profile for magueto
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 17:21
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
A77 wrote:

If you look really closely, you can see the holes typical of all steel wheels with wheel covers. Also, the EX and above wheels are larger, shinier, and have a slightly different design.

The wheel on the LX are steel, not alloy ones. In fact IMHO the design of the wheel covers are nicer than the on of the olloy ones.

Also, if you look the picture of the EX-L, the wheel gap look like if was reduced considerably, I donŽknow if this is a Photoshop thick or is part of the "stay tuned" that Jeff mention some days ago.
JimmyEats
Profile for JimmyEats
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 19:30
I need another "stay tuned".

Jeff, should we stay tuned for an engine that won't disappoint?

It's Thanksgiving, after all.

Thank you.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-21-2012 22:34
very stylish for covers. They are continentals for sure though.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2012 10:54
magueto wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
A77 wrote:

The wheel on the LX are steel, not alloy ones.

That's what I meant! The wheel covers look so good that it's difficult to tell they are just steel wheels. I guess Honda is back in business! :D
CivicB18
Profile for CivicB18
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2012 15:15
To be brutally honest, I can say that I'm more than ready for the 10th generation Civic as the current doesn't sit well with me.

~Patrick
hondadude
Profile for hondadude
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2012 17:07
CivicB18 wrote:
To be brutally honest, I can say that I'm more than ready for the 10th generation Civic as the current doesn't sit well with me.

~Patrick

I keep hearing that the 9th gen is going to be a short one (like 4 years). Not sure if that is speculation or not. Looking forward to a hatchback returning to the US Civic lineup. Should have never gone away in the first place.
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2012 18:02
hondadude wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

I keep hearing that the 9th gen is going to be a short one (like 4 years). Not sure if that is speculation or not. Looking forward to a hatchback returning to the US Civic lineup. Should have never gone away in the first place.

I've heard that too. 2012, refreshed for 2013, 2014, 2015. Then for 2016 a new Civic, which is supposed to be designed in NA. Hopefully we get a hatch too! :)
CVCC1974
Profile for CVCC1974
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-22-2012 19:19
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

Me too (on 9th gen Civic). back in 2011, I was in the market for 2012 Civic to replace my current one, but after experiencing the car (either the underwhelming styling, and most importantly the worse driving dynamics compared to all the Civics I've driven - 4th, 7th & 8th gen) I decided to wait, but I have strong doubts on this 2013 too. I'll probably wait until the next-gen Fit arrives in 2014 with the earth dreams powertrain. My current Civic is more than 5 years now, but I prefer to stay with it & wait until Honda comes out with a really really good & well-engineered small car, rather than getting something that doesn't really sit well with me.

longhorn
Profile for longhorn
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 01:15
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
hondadude wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

I've heard that too. 2012, refreshed for 2013, 2014, 2015. Then for 2016 a new Civic, which is supposed to be designed in NA. Hopefully we get a hatch too! :)

If that schedule is true Honda still would gotten its profit out of the platform. The Civic was an early 12 lest we forget,so it would be a 4 1/2 year product life.

If this is the MMC,then would Honda wait to debut ED tech till the next gen? A new platform optimized for the ED tech or shoe horn it into the present one?
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 11:03
longhorn wrote:
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
hondadude wrote:
CivicB18 wrote:

~Patrick

If this is the MMC,then would Honda wait to debut ED tech till the next gen? A new platform optimized for the ED tech or shoe horn it into the present one?

I think somewhere they officially said that the powertrains will remain unchanged. However, could they have meant the size (like it will stay a 1.8L but will have the new Earth Dreams version of it)?
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 21:15
Found on 9thCivic.com

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 21:21
BachelorFrog wrote:
Found on 9thCivic.com

DAMN its MUCH nicer!!!! Civic SI is officially back on the list of cars I'm considering...the Interior was the big thing that kept me away from the Civic, this is a lot nicer!
FiSH-Chan
Profile for FiSH-Chan
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:03
BachelorFrog wrote:
Found on 9thCivic.com

Wow, reminds me of 80s BMW 3 series and looks a lot better but at the same time looks like a 'busy cockpit'. Have to wait for official pics to see..
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-25-2012 22:44
Looks great, but a non-blurry picture would do a lot more! Looks like whatever trim that is, EX or EX-L, is getting auto climate control. FINALLY Honda! :D
Farage1
Profile for Farage1
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 15:41

rvittori
Profile for rvittori
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 15:49
This dash is almost identical to the existing dash with the addition of chrome accents and maybe a little bit of a lip around the edges. Not a big change. I actually think the existing dash looks nicer.
rvittori
Profile for rvittori
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 15:53
rvittori wrote:
This dash is almost identical to the existing dash with the addition of chrome accents and maybe a little bit of a lip around the edges. Not a big change. I actually think the existing dash looks nicer.

I wrote this before the clear pictures were posted. Still the same opinion but the center console looks like it has a storage area (great) and the new AC controls do look better.
Farage1
Profile for Farage1
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 16:06
Compared to my 12, it doesn't seem like a huge change. Minor things are different here and there. Seems like the top of the dash is a soft material now and they addressed the cheap looking vent rollers. I was afraid they would add auto climate control, that would make me upset! lol but this is the lx so maybe the ex/si will get it.
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 16:28
Not liking the chrome.

TurkMan71
Profile for TurkMan71
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 17:14
I'm sure the materials will be nicer (although I see the same black star dust finish as the Accord has in some spots)...

But really it just looks cobbled together, not impressing me so far...

This Civic is dead, Long live the 2016 Civic!
xBeastx
Profile for xBeastx
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 17:32
Looks more upscale...but in a jumbled up kind of way. Random chrome accents, black seems kind out of place.

Though on the other hand, I'm loving the climate controls, the high quality materials, and the Bluetooth being on the LX model.

Looks like I'll be picking up this one next summer! =D
Jesse
Profile for Jesse
Re: Another 2013 Civic picture (CG)    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 17:48
TurkMan71 wrote:
I'm sure the materials will be nicer (although I see the same black star dust finish as the Accord has in some spots)...

But really it just looks cobbled together, not impressing me so far...

This Civic is dead, Long live the 2016 Civic!

I am impressed, looks better to me - just my 2cents though. Strange enough I like the metallic accents added to the interior BUT I sure hope they are resistant to wear-and-tear. If not: facepalm.
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
I just realized    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-26-2012 19:26
xAbSoLuTexZeRo wrote:
There. I changed the thread title to lead it away from the manual vs automatic argument.

When will Honda release info on the 2013 Civic? Will it be all at once at the auto show, or will there be more spy pics/teaser photos?

That you hijacked my fine point....

Thread Page - 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0