[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
General Talk --> Re: S660/1000 good news rumors from Japan
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Bad Paint on my 14' Accord
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CRZ Gen.2 looks like a go!
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX Test Drive Event
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 Honda PU hints
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Heard On The Street
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota's 70 %
Join Discussion......
Driving Simulators --> Re: ASSETTO CORSA
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota Employees Approaching Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Customer feedback to Honda
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Car and Driver 10 Best
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: The Mysterious Case of 12,000 Missing Tesla
Join Discussion......
Videos --> Re: Type "R" interactive 2 story Honda Video.
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Modulo/Access Wood Accent Steering Wheel
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Author
  Post New Thread
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 00:16
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Rgist85 wrote:
according2kev wrote:
I understand your frustration and I agree that they should offer at least one more sport model with a sunroof etc. I wouldnít mind a V6 Sport myself but the thing is, and I say it all the time, you canít please everyone. For example, If Iím understanding your ideal trim line, it looks as if one wanted a V6 that they would be forced into a Touring which has nav and (possibly pricey to replace) LED headlights that they may not care for.

My idea to expand on the Sport trim would probably consist of dropping the Touring (since they donít plan to sell that many) and just use HIDs on EX and up. Iíve read how ACC works and though I've never used it, It sounds like it will get you constantly pushed back so to speak, from cars cutting in front of you. I can already see potential Touring buyers jumping on my case lol.

I read a review that stated the Touring would make up about 1 percent of US Sales...I wonder what percentage they believe the Sport will make up? These two models are experiments. Since TSX will be dead soon.

With the latest Accord, Honda has pretty much pleased everybody...except the enthusiast...

The LX covers the value hunters, the EX and EX-L take care of the mainstream, middle income folks, hell the EX-L is better equipped than the TSX IMO. Touring takes care of those luxury buyers looking to downgrade. The sport looks good, but it just lacks equipment...that's an issue that is easily addressed. Aha radio, push button start, etc should be on the sport...sunroof too.

My favorite color on the new Accord is Hemitite Gray...I saw one in the showroom and one on the sales floor. Very rich looking color IMO, can't wait to see one on a Sport model. it bet it will be SHARP.

Also, I've talked to a few salesmen (I've driven several Accords at three different dealers in Upstate SC) and two of them have stated that they like the LX's wheel design better than the EX's...I've seen that here a few times too. Sport's are obviously my favorite, LX wheels look very similar to the current coupe's 17s, EX's wheels look like the wheel covers from the LX's of yestergeneration LOL.

I thought I read that 1 percent quote somewhere too, that's why I said I would drop the Touring. IIRC, they've said that they are expecting to sell a good bit of Sports, that's why I agree that they should expand a little on it. I was thinking that if it becomes a hit they may add another Sport, but then again that could backfire. They may assume that since it's selling well, the consumers love it as is and there is no need to alter it.

As I said before, I would love a V6 Sport but since I want it mainly for the wheels and spoiler, which I can add myself (previous Accords with regular suspension have been sporty enough for me), I'd give up my wish for others to have a I4 Sport loaded with EX goodies.

I think it was you that was also considering a new Fusion but worried a little about reliability? If so, have you tried a Camry SE?

Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 00:40
according2kev wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:
according2kev wrote:
I understand your frustration and I agree that they should offer at least one more sport model with a sunroof etc. I wouldnít mind a V6 Sport myself but the thing is, and I say it all the time, you canít please everyone. For example, If Iím understanding your ideal trim line, it looks as if one wanted a V6 that they would be forced into a Touring which has nav and (possibly pricey to replace) LED headlights that they may not care for.

My idea to expand on the Sport trim would probably consist of dropping the Touring (since they donít plan to sell that many) and just use HIDs on EX and up. Iíve read how ACC works and though I've never used it, It sounds like it will get you constantly pushed back so to speak, from cars cutting in front of you. I can already see potential Touring buyers jumping on my case lol.

I read a review that stated the Touring would make up about 1 percent of US Sales...I wonder what percentage they believe the Sport will make up? These two models are experiments. Since TSX will be dead soon.

With the latest Accord, Honda has pretty much pleased everybody...except the enthusiast...

The LX covers the value hunters, the EX and EX-L take care of the mainstream, middle income folks, hell the EX-L is better equipped than the TSX IMO. Touring takes care of those luxury buyers looking to downgrade. The sport looks good, but it just lacks equipment...that's an issue that is easily addressed. Aha radio, push button start, etc should be on the sport...sunroof too.

My favorite color on the new Accord is Hemitite Gray...I saw one in the showroom and one on the sales floor. Very rich looking color IMO, can't wait to see one on a Sport model. it bet it will be SHARP.

Also, I've talked to a few salesmen (I've driven several Accords at three different dealers in Upstate SC) and two of them have stated that they like the LX's wheel design better than the EX's...I've seen that here a few times too. Sport's are obviously my favorite, LX wheels look very similar to the current coupe's 17s, EX's wheels look like the wheel covers from the LX's of yestergeneration LOL.

I thought I read that 1 percent quote somewhere too, that's why I said I would drop the Touring. IIRC, they've said that they are expecting to sell a good bit of Sports, that's why I agree that they should expand a little on it. I was thinking that if it becomes a hit they may add another Sport, but then again that could backfire. They may assume that since it's selling well, the consumers love it as is and there is no need to alter it.

As I said before, I would love a V6 Sport but since I want it mainly for the wheels and spoiler, which I can add myself (previous Accords with regular suspension have been sporty enough for me), I'd give up my wish for others to have a I4 Sport loaded with EX goodies.

I think it was you that was also considering a new Fusion but worried a little about reliability? If so, have you tried a Camry SE?

You and I are pretty much on the same wavelength when it comes to midsizers. I'm considering the new Fusion too. A local dealer in my area supposedly has a 2013 Fusion (Gaffney, SC) I may drive out Saturday morning to see it. I LIKE the Fusion, but like you I'm concerned about reliability. The 1.6t isn't doing so hot in the new Escape and it seems underpowered. The SE 1.6 seems rather underequipped in many ways too when you compare it to the Titanium...no Sony sound system, no push button start. A 1.6T Titanium model would rectify the issue...Ford just announced a Titanium Hybrid so who knows?

I went back to Breakaway Honda and Vic Bailey Honda in upstate SC again today. Breakaway had a Metallic Gray Sport and a Hematite Gray EX parked next to each other. Those two colors are by far my two favorites! The Sport's wheels are just awesome. I love the way they look. If I suck it up and take the CVT, I want the dealer to swap the wheels out for me. I may just take an Ex-l i4 In Hematite and see if the dealer will swap the 18 inch wheels. My power window regulator just went out in my 07 Accord. I stopped by Vic Baiely Honda today to get a quote on replacing it....told me it could cost $475 bucks to replace it....definitely gonna be getting out of the 07 soon, it needs other maintenance work done too...to the tune of about $1500 bucks...I already want a new car, might as well just get rid of it while I have decent equity in it.

I've driven the Camry XLE, but honestly the new Camry is so ugly to me that I just won't considering it. It's interior is just totally inferior to anything in the class, even the new Malibu (I've driven one of those too.) I WANT another Accord, but I really want a stick shift model. Touring, EX-Sport, EX-L SPort, whatever you wanna call it, but I'd love to have a nicely equipped Sport-type model with a manual transmission. At least sunroof, push button start and the 360 watt sounds system with XM.

The "Sport" trim needs to be expanded...its glaringly obvious to me. With the TSX sales dropping (and falling slightly below the ILX in September) I *HOPE* Honda will throw us a bone when the new TLX debuts next year...and when the TSX dies. I'd love an EX-S or Touring I4 6spd...at this point maybe even those models with a CVT. The 07 has got to go!

Interestingly Ford recently sent me a $500 voucher for the Focus. Up until yesterday the Focus had a $1500 rebate on the table for all 2013 Focus models. I went and drove a base Focus S with a stick shift yesterday and really enjoyed it a lot. The $1500 rebate expired at Midnight October 2, I got up this morning and saw that Ford actually increased it to $2000, so with the voucher Ford is offering me $2500 in incentives to buy a Focus. I could even order the Focus the way I'd want it and still get the current (or future if they are higher) deals.

Fusion is kinda falling off my list, I just don't seem so much impressed by it after reading the reviews. It's kinda strange but I may end up choosing between the Focus Titanium Hatchback 5spd manual and an Accord EX-L CVT. Strange, but right now those two are neck and neck.

Accord fits my needs better...but I loathe the transmission choice. Focus gives me EVERYTHING I want, but its exterior size is a bit off putting and cramped. With those rebates, right now Focus is in the lead.
benbess
Profile for benbess
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 06:54
Rgist85 wrote:.... I LIKE the Fusion, but like you I'm concerned about reliability....

The Sport's wheels are just awesome. I love the way they look. If I suck it up and take the CVT, I want the dealer to swap the wheels out for me. I may just take an Ex-l i4 In Hematite and see if the dealer will swap the 18 inch wheels....

It's kinda strange but I may end up choosing between the Focus Titanium Hatchback 5spd manual and an Accord EX-L CVT. Strange, but right now those two are neck and neck.

Accord fits my needs better...but I loathe the transmission choice. Focus gives me EVERYTHING I want, but its exterior size is a bit off putting and cramped. With those rebates, right now Focus is in the lead.

Peace, man, peace! I think we probably both came off a little silly in our little dust up before, and as you probably saw I apologized for my end of it.

Anyway, I'm just trying to offer 2 cents of cheap advice. But feel free to ignore, and your results may vary.

Anyway, way back in 1999 I got a then top-of-the-line Ford Focus ZTS instead of the Honda Accord that I really wanted, and in fact had wanted for about 15 years. Why? The "deal"! Back in the 1990s Ford had a credit card that allowed you to get a 5% rebate on all your purchases, up to $700 a year iirc, toward your new Ford. I got the Ford credit car as soon as it was offered, piled up the max every year, got the "bonus dollars" they offered too, and in 1999 had a rebate sitting in my account of $4500. I'd also recently completely my graduate degree, and so I also qualified for the "grad rebate." $4900 rebate! My mind still spins at it.

You might say how did Ford ever make money with deals like these. The answer was that often they didn't. In fact, by 1999 they had already canceled the Ford credit card a few years before because the numbers just didn't work out in terms of trying to make a profit. In fact, my rebate was about it expire. It was use it or lose it.

So I had this big rebate, and the all-new Focus was a very impressive car for the time. The model I got, a Darth Vader black ZTS (Zetec Touring Sedan) not only had great performance but was filled with bells and whistles for a car like that. And what a deal!

I loved the car for about a year, but as recall after recall after recall piled up, I wondered what kind of deal I'd really gotten. There were about 15 recalls for that car. It was almost beyond belief.

Anyway, long story short I ended up trading it in and buying a 2002 Honda Accord LX, and discovered a much higher level of quality, engineering, and durability.

Are Fords better today? I'm sure they are. But are they equal to Honda. I would tend to doubt it.

Your idea of having the Honda dealer put the admittedly awesome wheels of a Sport model on an EXL is interesting but unrealistic. That meas the wheels from the EX go where? And where do they get the wheels and tires for the Sport that now needs them? Anyway, you can ask nicely about this, but the odds that it's going to happen seem to be about zero to me.

It seems like the best Accord for you might be either the EX or EXL. There are trade offs and compromises in terms of prices and features, but my guess is that in the long run you'll be happier. Just a guess.

Will the "deal" on the Ford be better. Count on it. Thousands and thousands of dollars better, as it was for me. But there's a chance that in a couple of years you'll wish you had a Honda instead.

Whatever you get, however, I truly wish you good luck and a good experience. Fords are better today than they were back when I got my Focus.

But a couple of more things that really annoyed me on my Focus and that you'll also find on today's Focus as well as Fusion: poor rear visibility, as well as rear windows that only roll down halfway. The outstanding visibility in an Accord is not only more pleasant, but truly a safety feature. And on nice days on a slow scenic drive wouldn't you want to let your back seat passengers roll down their windows if they want to?

Just my 2 cents. Your results will vary. And best wishes whatever you decide....
JeffX
Profile for JeffX
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 16:42
Hondarulez wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:
KurtTappe wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:

I consider myself an enthusiast (though not quite the level of some people on here, I'll greatly admit). And they are making an Accord that certainly will please me when it's available: The EX-L V-6 Coupe 6MT. I don't see how this could not be considered an enthusiast configuration. I expect to have a lot of fun in it....sometime next year once I can get my paws on one.

I'm talking about the accord sedan....not the coupe

I guess it depends on what kind of enthusiasts you are talking about then.....I'd imagine the sport trim enough for most who are shopping for an Accord. However, if you are comparing to something like a MX-5, FR-S, etc, then obviously, the Accord is not for you.

Glad the current sport is sufficient for you but there are obviously those of us here who would like a sport model with more content...

No, I didn't say the current sport is sufficient for myself. I just said for those looking for a FWD mid-size family sedans, the sport model is probably enough. In this segment, from what I've seen, only the Passat is more fun to drive. I'm guessing the new Mazda6 will also be good for enthusiasts.

Wait, what? Passat more fun to drive? I haven't driven one but I did own a B5 Passat (which wasn't much fun to drive) and it's been my understanding that the Passat has been getting more and more "luxobarge-like" with each succeeding generation. In fact I remember reading a test a year or two ago where they said the Passat rode and drove like a giant American car. That can't be much fun.
Hondarulez
Profile for Hondarulez
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 16:43
Rgist85 wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:
Hondarulez wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:
KurtTappe wrote:
Rgist85 wrote:

I consider myself an enthusiast (though not quite the level of some people on here, I'll greatly admit). And they are making an Accord that certainly will please me when it's available: The EX-L V-6 Coupe 6MT. I don't see how this could not be considered an enthusiast configuration. I expect to have a lot of fun in it....sometime next year once I can get my paws on one.

I'm talking about the accord sedan....not the coupe

I guess it depends on what kind of enthusiasts you are talking about then.....I'd imagine the sport trim enough for most who are shopping for an Accord. However, if you are comparing to something like a MX-5, FR-S, etc, then obviously, the Accord is not for you.

Glad the current sport is sufficient for you but there are obviously those of us here who would like a sport model with more content...

No, I didn't say the current sport is sufficient for myself. I just said for those looking for a FWD mid-size family sedans, the sport model is probably enough. In this segment, from what I've seen, only the Passat is more fun to drive. I'm guessing the new Mazda6 will also be good for enthusiasts.

The issue isn't "fun to drive" so much as it is feature content. The Accord, even in LX trim is still reasonably sporty for what it is especially compared to a Camry or Malibu. The point I'm making is that for an enthusiast model the current Sport lacks equipment that many of us "enthusiast" would want. I've driven a Sport, I LOVED it, problem is I want HondaLink, I want push button start and many of the other features the EX and EX-L models get (and many features the Sonata and Camry SE models can have.) You make think the Sport is adequate or sufficient for the "enthusiast" buyer, I happen to disagree.

IMO, the Passat isn't any more fun to drive, I've driven two, car didn't impress me in the least.

Seems like I misunderstood your previous posts, my bad!

I agree that in terms of features, the Sport model is lacking.

Rather than having a sport trim, I think Honda should come up with a sports package for the Accord and have it available for all trims at around $1500. The package should include 18" wheels, wider tires, lip spoiler, sports grille, dual exhaust, etc. On top of that, I think Honda should include an option for high performance summer tires for around $200 (similar to the Civic Si).
according2kev
Profile for according2kev
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:18
@ Rgist85, I can see how that rebate on the Focus is tempting. Good luck with whatever you choose. Keep up posted.
Drum
Profile for Drum
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:35
I know where those EX wheels could go. I am considering the sport and I would rather have the EX wheels. I think the sport wheels look great, but priced replacements at $300 each and that takes away a lot of the joy. If the tires last 40k miles and I put 200k on the car that is 5 sets or closing in on $7,000 with tax and mounting and balancing. That is a lot just for tires. The 205/60/16 on my 2007 SE are about $120 each mounted for Primacy MXV4. Big difference - and they last longer.

They would also use more gas and be more prone to damage with their small sidewalls.

17" is fine for me. I actually like the 16" better than the 17" as far as looks go, but not crazy about a 65 series sidewall - prefer 55 or 60.
Drum
Profile for Drum
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:48
dj wrote:
I have driven a few Sports/EX's and in the sport-mode with mid to 3/4 throttle it comes alive. I know that they say the difference between the 2 models is only wheels but honestly it has (the Sport) a 1-off chassis tuning that the other models can only hope for. Flat in the corners and with paddles able to grab a lower gear as you request it. The shifts were so smooth and it builds power progressively not like any CVT before. Even out of sport-mode both of them felt almost like a regular automatic.

You can grab a gear as you request it in the EX if you get a manual. :)
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:52
Drum wrote:
I think the sport wheels look great, but priced replacements at $300 each and that takes away a lot of the joy. .

Exactly. That $1,208 per set is quite an eye opener for family sedan tires.
A77
Profile for A77
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 18:46
I drove the latest Passat V6 at a VW event recently. Its very smooth, quiet, spacious, comfortable, nicely trimmed (in the highend version I drove). But no fun to drive machine - jetta Gli was way better - Golf GTi better still.
Rgist85
Profile for Rgist85
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-04-2012 00:56

Peace man, peace? Even if I buy a Focus I'm not leaving this site...I still will remain active, Honda might very well introduce a car or a model of a current car that could bring me back.

I get your points on Ford quality, but as you mentioned Ford's quality isn't nearly as awful as it was back in 1999, they've improved tremendously. One thing I do need to take a really good look at is CR's rating of the Focus, but I must admit the rebate deals are extremely tempting, It would be foolish for me not to heavily consider them.

Also, I've talked to two Honda dealers who are willing to trade out the wheels for me at a small additional cost. Why? Simple, Honda will stick a set of aftermarket wheels or some "Chrome 17 inch wheels" from the accessories catalog onto the Accord Sport and jack the price up by $1500 bucks. Its a win, win for them. Remember, I used to sell cars myself (for a little while), I know how the little games can sometimes work.

Considering I drive an 07 Accord, who's visibility isn't nearly as good as the new Accord and isn't much better in my view than the Focus Hatchback I'd be buying, visibility would not be a real issue for me. I drove trucks for five years, I'm kinda used to not always being able to actually see things LOL.

I'm not so concerned about windows in the rear going all the way down when the power windows in my current car won't come down at all. LOL, Ford is at least a bit more flexible to my needs, but we'll see what I end up doing.
turdburger
Profile for turdburger
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2012 19:37
LX model still not selling as well?

That means I can negotiate a bigger percentage discount on the stripped model, right?

I don't like the wheels and accessories on the upper models, so I'd rather get an LX and accessorize it myself
Inebriated Snake
Profile for Inebriated Snake
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-15-2012 23:55
Rgist85 wrote:

Peace man, peace? Even if I buy a Focus I'm not leaving this site...I still will remain active, Honda might very well introduce a car or a model of a current car that could bring me back.

I get your points on Ford quality, but as you mentioned Ford's quality isn't nearly as awful as it was back in 1999, they've improved tremendously. One thing I do need to take a really good look at is CR's rating of the Focus, but I must admit the rebate deals are extremely tempting, It would be foolish for me not to heavily consider them.

Also, I've talked to two Honda dealers who are willing to trade out the wheels for me at a small additional cost. Why? Simple, Honda will stick a set of aftermarket wheels or some "Chrome 17 inch wheels" from the accessories catalog onto the Accord Sport and jack the price up by $1500 bucks. Its a win, win for them. Remember, I used to sell cars myself (for a little while), I know how the little games can sometimes work.

Considering I drive an 07 Accord, who's visibility isn't nearly as good as the new Accord and isn't much better in my view than the Focus Hatchback I'd be buying, visibility would not be a real issue for me. I drove trucks for five years, I'm kinda used to not always being able to actually see things LOL.

I'm not so concerned about windows in the rear going all the way down when the power windows in my current car won't come down at all. LOL, Ford is at least a bit more flexible to my needs, but we'll see what I end up doing.

Hi, I've been driving a 5MT 2012 SE Focus hatchback for a little over a year now and I've very happy with it. The only issues I've had with it is some rattles and they're essentially the same ones I've had in my 06 Civic when it was new. Its actually holding up better that my Civic did in the same span of time.

The engine is peppy with a nice little snarl and is well matched to the 5 speed. It feels quicker than it really is and is truly fun to drive. 6 speeds would be better but I never really feel as if I'm missing out. And the MTX-75 transmission is very stout. My Civic did better on gas about 2 or 3 mpg better in mixed driving. My Focus averages between 28~29mpg in suburban driving and 34mpg on short highway runs. On longer highway drives I've gotten between 37~40mpg a few times. Just did a round trip from Philly to D.C. with some in town driving and got 40 on the nose, going 65~70 mph most of the time. The Civic would have done better, but this is great for what it also offers.

On the second day home with it, it swallowed an 8 foot light fixture and the day after a 55in TV in box. Visibility is good with the 6 side windows and blindspot mirrors. I installed some low profile euro rear headrests and the back is now completely unobstructed. YES the back seat is tight, but its actually comfortable once in. The seat is supportive and the cushion is mounted fairly high so you knees aren't in the air.

The only problem I see with the 2013 is the way its optioned and priced; its either all or nothing. The 2012 was very ņ la carte. I was able to get everything I wanted and nothing I didn't, ie: MFT and leather. They're pushing hard for the upsell.

I think its more of a matter of do you want a larger car? The Accord is really nice and probably wouldn't really disappoint you aside from the steering. Even though the new model has managed weight nicely, it will never drive like a smaller car. What I love about my hatch is that I get to have a small car-ness with a little of that larger car capability.
siegen
Profile for siegen
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 17:18
superchg2 wrote:
Drum wrote:
I think the sport wheels look great, but priced replacements at $300 each and that takes away a lot of the joy. .

Exactly. That $1,208 per set is quite an eye opener for family sedan tires.

You don't have to stick with the Michelin Primacy MXM4 for replacement. There are several other tires on Tirerack that have excellent ratings and are significantly less (not LRR though). For example, the General G-Max and Kumho Ecsta 4X are in the $160 range and are rated very similarly. Probably a little more noise than the Grand Touring MXM4.
dj
Profile for dj
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 17:58
EX is not my 1st choice but perhaps a Sport model..my local dlr says within 2 weeks the 6sp manuals they ordered will arrive..Hopefully Honda will expand the color options...
ezshift5
Profile for ezshift5
Re: Drove a 2013 Accord Sport CVT Today    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-16-2012 18:29
.............as (since 2005) impressed as I am with the Gen7 6M coupe, a 2013 Accord 6M in Taffeta White (or equivalent) would seriously tug at my bank balance.

The 2013 6M coupe is about 2 inches longer (but gets better EPA numbers); about 100 pounds heavier (but still gets those elevated EPA numbers).

The real difference is that I walked out at the $23.4 level (7 years ago).

There's no doubt tha 2013 Accord 6M coupe is a contender.

It's the color choice (or lack of) that bothers this sailor.

ez

Thread Page - 1 [2]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0