[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Honda HR-V Compact SUV to Join All-New 2015 Fit as Honda Expands Small Car Lineup
More.......................
Some thoughts, photos, and notes on the 2015 Acura TLX from the NYIAS show floor
2015 Acura TLX Unveiled at the 2014 New York International Auto Show
Video: TOV member catches a TLX prototype on dashcam!
All New 2015 Honda Fit Designed to Top the Subcompact Class
Honda set to show interesting new Concept at Beijing International Automotive Exhibition
'HR-V' name confirmed for upcoming Fit-based 'urban sport utility'
American Honda Announces Sales Results for March 2014
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2014 Chinese Grand Prix
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Beijing Auto Show updates...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: USA Today article about Acura
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Place your bets-TLX. Fit, HR-V sales
Join Discussion......
Prelude --> Re: 2016 Honda Prelude for the American Market?
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> New Acura Boss Maps TurnAround
Join Discussion......
Repair and Maintenance --> Re: 2008 Accord V6 T-Belt
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: If there was a TLX Wagon
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Remote Windows-Open Feature
Join Discussion......
MDX --> 2015 MDX
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: Direct Injection
Join Discussion......
RDX --> Re: 2016 RDX Upgrade Predictions
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Push button start SUCKS
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Crosstour's next-generation enemy: 2015 Subaru Outback
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Honda set for a rocky road ahead in Europe
Join Discussion......
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
TOV Video: 2015 Acura TLX design Overview by Jared Hall
PR Photo Gallery: 2014 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Civic Type R Prototype

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Strictly Technical > > Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
thompels
Profile for thompels
How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 19:56
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry,

1. how to reset ECU in a Stream 2.0 i-VTEC Engine?

2. What is the best configuration Header for this car? 4-2-1 or 4-1 if i
just want to change the header..( Original muffler n Silencer)

regards,
TonyEX
Profile for TonyEX
You lucky b....rd!    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 20:18
Sorry.... I have no clue... -well maybe I do...

But you have the car I want and since I live in the USA I'm hosed.... Note: I'm sure our Canadians cousins can relate to being hosed ;-)

Have you tried disconnecting the battery or pulling a fuse like in all other Hondacars?

notyper
Profile for notyper
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 20:58
There should be a fuse labeled "backup" in the underhood fusebox, or under the dash. As Tony said, you could also just pull the negative cable on the battery. Whichever method, be sure to give it 30+ seconds before reconnecting things.

On the header, the only header that will make significant power on this engine is a full length long tube header that eliminates the catalytic converter. Contact Jackson Racing or Comptech (do a google search). They are both 4-2-1 designs.

SC
imhonda
Profile for imhonda
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 21:13
there should be an ecu fuse in the engine bay fuse box, take that one out for about a minute. then dont forget to do the idle learn procedure, turn off all accessories, then turn on the car and let the fan cycle twice. do this with the hood closed so youre not waiting a half hour for the fans to come on, i learned this the hard way.
Thompels
Profile for Thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 21:55
But the problem is i don't which one is the fuse for ECU, Becasue there no ' ECU' word in the fuse box. But there is a pic like " Check Engine ", ( the pict, that appear when we are want to start the engine ), Is it ECU Fuse ?
Then for this Fuse there is 2 pcs on the Fuse Box. Under the Steering and on the engine compartment.
i'm confuse...
imhonda
Profile for imhonda
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 22:01
then just disconnect the battery for a minute and it will do the same thing, the only difference being having to reset your radio.
Thompels
Profile for Thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 22:05
I'm afraid is i disconnect the negatif (-) battery will make problem the the other like SRS, etc..... Is there any procedure for this car ?

For header, you mean 4-2-1 until the catalytic ( eliminate the catalytic ), so 4-2 more longer than 2-1 length pipe? Sorry in Indonesia is difficult to find the good Brand Header, so would you like to give the detail of the length of header, and the size....thank you very much
Thompels
Profile for Thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 22:17
i'm afraid if i disconnet the battery, it will make trouble to other equp, like SRS, etc....

Does this rules is right???
To reset the ECU, I did the followings:

1) Start the engine to operating temp.

2) 'Off' engine & pull out ECU fuse only.

3) Wait for 5 minutes then replace fuse.

4) Start engine again, run for 5 mins.

5) 'Off' engines & start again.

regards,

imhonda
Profile for imhonda
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 22:28
as long as you didnt have any accessories running and the fans cycled twice, you should be fine
Thompels
Profile for Thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-12-2003 23:38
ok thanks i try first, hope fully nothing wrong....

regards,
SIVELOZ
Profile for SIVELOZ
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2003 01:47
I am curious why u wanted to reset the ECU in the first place?
Thompels
Profile for Thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2003 03:51
If i want disconnect the baterry, which terminal i must to release, Negatif one ( - ) or positif one (+) or both. And for 1 minutes. Is it enough to reset?

regards,
imhonda
Profile for imhonda
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-13-2003 15:51
just the negative is enough, a minute is fine to reset. then turn off all accessories(anything that puts a load on the engine), start the engine, and let it idle for about 10 minutes or until the fans cycle twice, turn it off, youre done.
thompels
Profile for thompels
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 06-14-2003 14:30
sorry regarding the header, i already see it when my car in washing car. That The header exhausrt pipe configuration 4-1, and the size is around 1 inch,( very small) and the length around 30 - 40 cm. After joining into the 1 ( 4-1) the size of pipe is very big around 2,5 inch, n after that the silencer( No catalytic) after the silencer the pipe is around 1-1,1/4 inch.. i supprised how come the pipe so small, have any body check...? How my can can breath easily, if the gas output very small.... better change to 4-2-1 or 4-1 elimenite the silencer.....???
thx
markpsu227
Profile for markpsu227
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-01-2005 23:53
My check engine light came on when i was going over 100 mph on my 2000 prelude. I was wondering if resetting the ecu will turn that off because this has happened before and it stores the RPM and MPH. It is under waranty and they try to give me crap for going that fast. Is there any way to get that info out of the computer.
RyanDL
Profile for RyanDL
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2005 09:47
markpsu227 wrote:
My check engine light came on when i was going over 100 mph on my 2000 prelude. I was wondering if resetting the ecu will turn that off because this has happened before and it stores the RPM and MPH. It is under waranty and they try to give me crap for going that fast. Is there any way to get that info out of the computer.

Well, the dealer can't really give you crap about it since you're just driving the car (albeit a bit fast for public roads). But, yes, resetting the ECU will clear any codes and stored data in the computer.

Ryan
markpsu227
Profile for markpsu227
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 01-03-2005 20:55
yeah thats what I'm saying. This is the third time it's given the code for vtec failure. What would be causing this? It only happens at high speeds so i can't figure it out because the RPMs obviously have nothing to do with it. I can red line all the gears and yet the check engine light for vtec failure will only come on at high speeds. I don't get it. I bought the car and two weeks later it needed a new motor. Thank god it was honda certified and they covered it all but it still hasnt been running right since then. Also...the redline is at around 7500 but the fuel cut kicks in at 7000....thats not right is it? Thanks for the comments.
timp64
Profile for timp64
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2005 20:21
maybe the wind in the engine is moving a wire just enough to short out to throw a code.
SiRGeoffroy
Profile for SiRGeoffroy
Re: How to reset ECU in Stream 2.0 i-VTEC DOHC    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-25-2005 12:27
What have you learned? I mean, I had a check engine once, disconnected the battery for a while, reconnected and did no particular "learning" time and went down the road.

If you want to know, reseting haven't solved the problem as I learned later that an injector was blown (!) and this back fired into the ECU... Waited a month to get the car back cause they had no more ECU available (they have blown a second one trying to fix the car...) Car is '04 SiR.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy