[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
2016 ILX and 2015 HR-V to debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
More.......................
New Acura and Honda Products Fuel Surge in September Automobile Sales
More.......................
2015 CR-V goes on sale tomorrow. Full details released.
More.......................
All-new Honda Civic Type R: unrivalled against the brand's iconic performance flagship models
More.......................
Honda reveals 2015 CR-V
More.......................
Honda adds Special Edition trim level to 2015 Civic Lineup
More.......................
Honda releases sales figures for August 2014
More.......................
2015 Accord goes on sale today, "Gets Multiple Feature Upgrades"
More.......................
RDX --> Re: AWD in RDX/2015 and Forester/2015
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Driving 2015 SH-AWD TLX this week
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: More TLX reviews, Edmunds (V6), Motortrend (I4)
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Saw a 2015 CR-V today
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord Euro - Axed
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Tesla P85D: AWD, 0-60 in 3.2 seconds
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Project TLX 2.4
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX SH-AWD Quick Review
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Big Year for HondaUK in 2015! Euro CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Diesels bad?
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: TLX(CLX)Coupe
Join Discussion......
RLX --> Re: Acura RLX Reviews
Join Discussion......
Accord --> Re: Accord LX or Sport - Canada
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: Most recent pictures of my CNG Civic
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 rumors-Drivers
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
Read Article....................
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
Read Article....................
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > Accord > > Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
curt1
Profile for curt1
2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-01-2012 22:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I haven't driven the new Accord, but I'm anxious to hear owner's comments regarding interior noises. Honda has been vocal about their new one-piece dash to reduce squeaks and rattles (mentioned in nearly every review). I've never owned an Accord that didn't rattle to some extent, and I'd like to hear what folks think of the 2013 model.
Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2012 08:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
curt1 wrote:
I haven't driven the new Accord, but I'm anxious to hear owner's comments regarding interior noises. Honda has been vocal about their new one-piece dash to reduce squeaks and rattles (mentioned in nearly every review). I've never owned an Accord that didn't rattle to some extent, and I'd like to hear what folks think of the 2013 model.


My sentiments exactly!! That dash seems built like a tank, just like a 4th-Gen Accord's! However, the thinner headliner gives me pause--hopefully the padding (or insulative material) behind it is just thinner, or I could see issues with "drumming" after a few years, especially if you drive with the roof open constantly, like I do, eight months out of the year! (O/T, it seems that Accord moonroofs get slower and sl-o-o-o-w-w-w-e-r with each generation, as I found while playing with one in the showroom last week. Of course, heaven knows how much juice was in the battery; at least there was some gas in the tank, unlike the Sport I drove at another dealer the previous week.)

Back in 1994, I must have driven the service advisors at my dealer crazy!! Three visits in two weeks for this kind of stuff--on a Civic!! (First new car, a Honda, high expectations!)

(They did fix the rattles--and have treated my great ever since! :-) )
talon95
Profile for talon95
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2012 11:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
curt1 wrote:
I haven't driven the new Accord, but I'm anxious to hear owner's comments regarding interior noises. Honda has been vocal about their new one-piece dash to reduce squeaks and rattles (mentioned in nearly every review). I've never owned an Accord that didn't rattle to some extent, and I'd like to hear what folks think of the 2013 model.


No complaints at all so far, after 2 weeks. I've owned 6g, 7g, 8g and now 9g Accords, and the 9g is definitely the quietest.
curt1
Profile for curt1
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-02-2012 21:46
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I'm glad there are no rattle issues yet; and I hope it stays that way. Thanks for the quick replies, and hope many more voice their opinion.
Sterling
Profile for Sterling
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 13:23
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I bought a '13 Accord EX-L on 9/20 and unfortunately, within 48hrs, it had a dash rattle.
Not sure if it's related to the audio system issue it's also having (mentioned in a different thread) or if it's just a coincidence.

I had an '02 coupe for 8 yrs and the dash never rattled/squeaked once.
Jet Sitter
Profile for Jet Sitter
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:30
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have a 2000EX 4 cylinder, 5 mt with 165K+ and it never had any rattles, squkeaks, or leaks.
curt1
Profile for curt1
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-03-2012 17:58
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sorry to hear that, Sterling. If you get it resolved please let us know.

As you can tell, rattles are my number one pet peeve. People spend thousands of dollars on a vehicle, and something as simple as a rattle can tarnish an otherwise good driving experience.
Sterling
Profile for Sterling
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2012 14:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
curt1 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Sterling. If you get it resolved please let us know.

I had my car at the dealership yesteday.
They told me they drove the car around while taping off different areas around the doors/windows each time to figure out where the wind noise is coming from. They found whatís causing it and have ordered a new door sash for both front doors.

If you stand outside the car and look at the driverís door, itís the black vertical piece of plastic to the right of the drivers window. Itís a few inches wide and is as tall as the window. As the car moves, the air was hitting between the window glass and this piece.

The service guy said Honda had heard of this already and suggested the new sashes.
Sterling
Profile for Sterling
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2012 15:03
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sterling wrote:
curt1 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Sterling. If you get it resolved please let us know.

I had my car at the dealership yesteday.
They told me they drove the car around while taping off different areas around the doors/windows each time to figure out where the wind noise is coming from. They found whatís causing it and have ordered a new door sash for both front doors.

If you stand outside the car and look at the driverís door, itís the black vertical piece of plastic to the right of the drivers window. Itís a few inches wide and is as tall as the window. As the car moves, the air was hitting between the window glass and this piece.

The service guy said Honda had heard of this already and suggested the new sashes.


OOps. Sorry, told you about the wrong problem. Ha

They think they fixed this by tightening the A pillar and the airbag cover. Driving home, I thought it was gone, but I started to hear it again, just not as bad. Since they tighted the airbag cover, I reached behind the steering wheel and sort of held the back edge of the airbag cover a bit while I was driving straight to see if that was where the noise is coming from. I think it might be since I didn't hear it while I held the edge up off whatever piece that's under it. Iíll see how it goes the next few days since I have to take it back in for other things next Tues or Wed. Not a big deal as Iím sure it'll get fixed. I really thought it was coming from the dash instead of the steering wheel. Rattles can be deceiving.

Gfn8r
Profile for Gfn8r
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-05-2012 15:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Sterling wrote:
Sterling wrote:
curt1 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Sterling. If you get it resolved please let us know.

I had my car at the dealership yesteday.
They told me they drove the car around while taping off different areas around the doors/windows each time to figure out where the wind noise is coming from. They found whatís causing it and have ordered a new door sash for both front doors.

If you stand outside the car and look at the driverís door, itís the black vertical piece of plastic to the right of the drivers window. Itís a few inches wide and is as tall as the window. As the car moves, the air was hitting between the window glass and this piece.

The service guy said Honda had heard of this already and suggested the new sashes.


OOps. Sorry, told you about the wrong problem. Ha

They think they fixed this by tightening the A pillar and the airbag cover. Driving home, I thought it was gone, but I started to hear it again, just not as bad. Since they tighted the airbag cover, I reached behind the steering wheel and sort of held the back edge of the airbag cover a bit while I was driving straight to see if that was where the noise is coming from. I think it might be since I didn't hear it while I held the edge up off whatever piece that's under it. Iíll see how it goes the next few days since I have to take it back in for other things next Tues or Wed. Not a big deal as Iím sure it'll get fixed. I really thought it was coming from the dash instead of the steering wheel. Rattles can be deceiving.




The problem a few posts up which caused one of the rattles in my '94 Civic (which seemed to come from the dash area) was fixed by tightening a bolt in the center console!

Sounds like Honda's going to keep watch on this stuff. Hopefully, any corrections are made in-production, and TSBs are issued quickly to get the rest. (Every new Honda of mine has had at least one rattle, which has been resolved satisfactorily, within a month or so of ownership with me..just how it goes!)
curt1
Profile for curt1
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 16:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
This thread has either gotten lost, or folks who have purchased a new '13 model haven't found a need to complain about rattles yet. As I may have said before, CR has said that rattles are the number one complaint among all new car buyers. If this car is built with the quality we hope for and truly does not rattle, then this is a major breakthrough for Honda. I had expected to hear regular reports about a sunroof rattle, dash rattle or something similar by now.

New Accord buyers, feel free to post; good news or bad.

evped
Profile for evped
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-19-2012 16:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Not a 13 Accord owner, but my 08 Civic EX has been completely rattle and squeak free. It's the only one of the seven Hondas that I've owned which I can say that.
mavz
Profile for mavz
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 08:24
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I have my 2013 accord sport for a week now and it starts to rattle also. This is not constant noise, it depends on the road.
rancho1
Profile for rancho1
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 10-20-2012 15:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
curt1 wrote:
This thread has either gotten lost, or folks who have purchased a new '13 model haven't found a need to complain about rattles yet. As I may have said before, CR has said that rattles are the number one complaint among all new car buyers. If this car is built with the quality we hope for and truly does not rattle, then this is a major breakthrough for Honda. I had expected to hear regular reports about a sunroof rattle, dash rattle or something similar by now.

New Accord buyers, feel free to post; good news or bad.




There still are not that many people with 2013's yet and not everyone who bought one posts on this site.
DooDooMan
Profile for DooDooMan
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 01:36
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I just bought a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with navi 4cyl today, and guess what? After having no music on, I noticed that the dash started to rattle. It typically occurs when the car is on idle, and it seems to get louder when I start to accelerate. I checked around the car to see if some kind of object was creating the noise. I didn't find anything, the rattle sound seems to be coming within the dash. I will call the dealership ASAP, and we'll see what happens.
MGP999
Profile for MGP999
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 02:01
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Check the glove box and make sure there isn't anything that could cause the rattle.
Brutus
Profile for Brutus
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 09:07
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
A week into the exl, not a single rattle.
superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 09:55
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
DooDooMan wrote:
I just bought a 2013 Honda Accord EX-L with navi 4cyl today, and guess what? After having no music on, I noticed that the dash started to rattle. It typically occurs when the car is on idle, and it seems to get louder when I start to accelerate. I checked around the car to see if some kind of object was creating the noise. I didn't find anything, the rattle sound seems to be coming within the dash. I will call the dealership ASAP, and we'll see what happens.

Most 2013 Accord owners have been saying that their new car is the shiz, DooDooMan

Good luck finding the rattle, and welcome to TOV!
markitdown
Profile for markitdown
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-01-2012 22:48
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply


Most 2013 Accord owners have been saying that their new car is the shiz, DooDooMan

Good luck finding the rattle, and welcome to TOV!



I was looking for the perfect adjective to describe my new Accord, and "Shiz" has to be it.... Or is it a noun? After 1 month of ownership, no rattle but lots of shizzle. I've been Mcluvin on the 2013 Accord.
jackal4eva
Profile for jackal4eva
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 11-04-2012 11:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
1 month in...
wind noise from the driver side window/door seal
rattle on sunroof when open

overall not bad for a new model year... great car!
cjsomar
Profile for cjsomar
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-17-2012 15:22
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
Bought a '13 Sport sedan and noticed a rattle in the front center dash. Happens when the car is in the 2,500 - 4,000 RPM range and it's noticeable over highway noise unfortunately. I'll be trying to hold pieces of trim down to see if I can find it myself, but if not it'll be back to the dealer soon.
ding
Profile for ding
Re: 2013 Accord - rattle and squeak free?    (Score: 1, Normal) 12-17-2012 18:15
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
New EXL owner. Only 500 miles and no rattles to speak of. I do have the drivers side rear interior C piller plastic trim(airbag cover) that does not fit flush. I think it is warped. Dealer will replace. Interesting my build date is first part of August.

The dash is one piece? Didn't Honda make a big deal on how it is made to minimize if not prevent rattles and squeaks.
 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0