[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Acura Set to Launch More Powerful, Technologically Advanced and Luxuriously Equipped 2016 Acura ILX
More.......................
All-new 2016 Honda HR-V Crossover Makes North American Debut at 2014 Los Angeles Auto Show
Honda FCV Concept Makes World Debut in Japan
SPIED ON THE STREET! 2016(?) Honda Civic
2016 ILX front end refresh image leaked
Honda's Roadgoing Moto GP Replica Bike Unveiled
2015 Acura TLX Earns 2014 IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK+
Honda and Acura release October sales results
General Talk --> Re: Honda's new AT(8-10 gears)
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Cadillac's boss is cocky but truthful.
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Rumor!!! Ito out in March of next year
Join Discussion......
TLX --> Re: Consumer Reports full review
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: C&D first drive: Toyota Mirai (hydrogen FCEV)
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2016 Civic Rumors
Join Discussion......
CR-Z --> Re: CRZ Gen.2 looks like a go!
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: WTF Fifty shades of Grey
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: NSX new info!!!
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - McLaren-Honda Abu Dhabi test report
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Wrecked my (moms) TSX tonight...
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: Honda starts first Wind Farm by an automaker in Brazil
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Dont test drive a 2015 CRV!!!
Join Discussion......
ILX --> Re: ILX AWD coming sooner than you think...
Join Discussion......
S2000 --> Re: Mini-NSX(S2000) Update
Join Discussion......
TOV First Drive: 2015 Acura TLX
Read Article....................
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 2.4 P-AWS
Photo Gallery: 2015 Acura TLX 3.5L SH-AWD
TOV Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
PR Photo Gallery: 2015 Honda Fit
TOV Dyno Test: 2014 Accord Hybrid

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Percentage of fleet sales.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 09:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels
This link is for a short article at tellmenews.com.

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."
ClementZ
Profile for ClementZ
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 09:53
TheGandalf wrote:
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."

I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)
I'm also surprised that the Accord's share is more than 0%.
I thought Honda never did bulk sales...
P54
Profile for P54
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:00

Somebody got the fleet numbers for Toyota Camry?

superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:00
ClementZ wrote:
TheGandalf wrote:

Here's an extract:

I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)

I saw a new 2012 Civic in National Rental Car service in Albuquerque, last week.
TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:02
ClementZ wrote:

The percentage of the Mazda might look terrible high on accpount also on the relatively lower sales volume it has?

I am surprised the Camry is not mentioned at all...

And I do wonder were those 2.6% of Accords went (would large companies buying cars for their employees also be considered fleet buyers? Maybe this is where they are going?

The article also mentions how youger buyers are a lot more reluctant than us (old folk) to buy a car (long term commitment anxiety) since they came into the market in the current economy.
P54
Profile for P54
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:09
ClementZ wrote:
TheGandalf wrote:

Here's an extract:

A bulk sale does not mean rental fleet. Could be to corporations, agencies etc. Anyhow a low 2.6% will not have a bad influence on the used market value. When 1/3 of the sales or more goes to fleet then the market will be "flooded" with used cars when the rental customers get rid of them. This tend to drive used car price down, good for used car buyers, however bad for the retail owners of the same cars.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:57
P54 wrote:

No, but somehow, the Camry made this list.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/kbb-2012-best-resale-value-awards-dominated-by-toyota/
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 13:06
P54 wrote:
not for this year, but last year:

CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 16:26
BachelorFrog wrote:
P54 wrote:
not for this year, but last year:

Wow, Camry more fleet than Sonata...
GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2012 09:33
I believe employee purchases through the company are considered Fleet Sales.

Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0