[home][rumors and news][model release matrix][dealer network][desktop calendar][exhaust notes][tov forums][links][search][sponsors][garage][login]

Tire Rack Upgrade Garage
 Search for a Dealer:
 Canadian Flag US Flag
 Honda Acura
 ZIP  
Just a bit of Civic 5-door trim info and some Next-gen CR-V News
More.......................
Spied on the Street! 2018 Acura RDX(?) mule?
More.......................
All-New 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Arrives This Fall in North America, 180hp "Sport" Trim on the way
More.......................
Honda Sets New Car and Truck Sales Records as American Honda Reports July Sales
More.......................
Civic 5-doors spotted in transport in England
More.......................
Acura NSX GT3 Program Progressing with Surprise Public Test Debut Slated for Mid-Ohio
More.......................
Acura Announces NSX GT3 updates via conference call today
More.......................
Just a bit of Civic 5-door trim info
More.......................
HondaMobilia --> Tomica Honda S2000 Type S
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: 2018 Camry.
Join Discussion......
The Tire Rack: Brakes and Suspension Forum --> Re: 06 Si Brakes for Track Use
Join Discussion......
CR-V --> Re: Picked up a '16 CR-V
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: My experience with the latest Takata Recall (so far)
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: California passes toughest greenhouse gas emission curbs
Join Discussion......
General Talk --> Re: Toyota 86 = classic?
Join Discussion......
Civic --> Re: 2017 Hatchback - No more EX 6spd?
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2016 Belgian Grand Prix - Qualy Spoilers
Join Discussion......
Amateur Racing & Driving --> 06 Si Brakes for Track Use
Join Discussion......
Professional Motorsports --> Re: F1 - 2016 Summer Break Discussion
Join Discussion......
NSX --> Re: Honda NSX pricing estimate/order info for Europe
Join Discussion......
Sales Experiences --> Re: Can a damaged vehicle be sold as new?
Join Discussion......
Today's Reading Links --> Re: MT Big Test: Compact CUVs
Join Discussion......
Ridgeline - General Talk --> Re: Pickuptrucks.com mid-size comparo
Join Discussion......
2017 Honda Accord Hybrid Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV Video: 2017 Honda Ridgeline ride along
Read Article....................
2017 Honda Ridgeline PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
First Drive: 2017 Acura NSX(!)
Read Article....................
2017 Acura NSX PR Photo Gallery
Read Article....................
TOV Video: Guy Melville-Brown talks about the 2016 Civic Coupe design
Read Article....................

[fancy] [flat] [simple]
TOV Forums > General Talk > > Re: Percentage of fleet sales.

Go to:

Viewing Threshold (What is this?)

Thread Page - [1]
Author
  Post New Thread
TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 09:41
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels
This link is for a short article at tellmenews.com.

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."
ClementZ
Profile for ClementZ
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 09:53
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
TheGandalf wrote:
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels
This link is for a short article at tellmenews.com.

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."



I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)
I'm also surprised that the Accord's share is more than 0%.
I thought Honda never did bulk sales...
P54
Profile for P54
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply



Somebody got the fleet numbers for Toyota Camry?




superchg2
Profile for superchg2
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:00
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ClementZ wrote:
TheGandalf wrote:
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels
This link is for a short article at tellmenews.com.

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."



I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)
I'm also surprised that the Accord's share is more than 0%.
I thought Honda never did bulk sales...


I saw a new 2012 Civic in National Rental Car service in Albuquerque, last week.
TheGandalf
Profile for TheGandalf
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:02
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ClementZ wrote:
I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)
I'm also surprised that the Accord's share is more than 0%.
I thought Honda never did bulk sales...


The percentage of the Mazda might look terrible high on accpount also on the relatively lower sales volume it has?

I am surprised the Camry is not mentioned at all...

And I do wonder were those 2.6% of Accords went (would large companies buying cars for their employees also be considered fleet buyers? Maybe this is where they are going?

The article also mentions how youger buyers are a lot more reluctant than us (old folk) to buy a car (long term commitment anxiety) since they came into the market in the current economy.
P54
Profile for P54
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:09
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
ClementZ wrote:
TheGandalf wrote:
http://tellmenews.com/2013-honda-accord-may-court-car-buyers-not-car-rental-customers/172940/brett-samuels
This link is for a short article at tellmenews.com.

Here's an extract:
"A survey conducted by Edmunds.com revealed that when compared to other carmakers, Honda relies the least on fleet sales to car rental chains. The automotive site noted that roughly 25 percent of all midsize cars go to bulk buyers or car rental fleets; in comparing two popular midsize options in 2012, 2.6 percent of all Accords sold went to bulk buyers between January and July 2012, as opposed to 33 percent for the Nissan Altima. More than a third of all Ford Fusions (37.9 percent), Chevrolet Malibus (39.9 percent) and Chrysler 200s (41.6 percent) were sold to fleets. The fleet market share rose to over 50 percent for two vehicles the Dodge Avenger (58.7 percent) and Mazda6 (68 percent)."



I'm surprised that the Mazda6 share is so high (I've never seen one in any of the rental lots at the airport here)
I'm also surprised that the Accord's share is more than 0%.
I thought Honda never did bulk sales...



A bulk sale does not mean rental fleet. Could be to corporations, agencies etc. Anyhow a low 2.6% will not have a bad influence on the used market value. When 1/3 of the sales or more goes to fleet then the market will be "flooded" with used cars when the rental customers get rid of them. This tend to drive used car price down, good for used car buyers, however bad for the retail owners of the same cars.
DCR
Profile for DCR
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 10:57
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
P54 wrote:

Somebody got the fleet numbers for Toyota Camry?




No, but somehow, the Camry made this list.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/kbb-2012-best-resale-value-awards-dominated-by-toyota/
BachelorFrog
Profile for BachelorFrog
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 13:06
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
P54 wrote:
Somebody got the fleet numbers for Toyota Camry?
not for this year, but last year:

CarGuyLee
Profile for CarGuyLee
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-29-2012 16:26
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
BachelorFrog wrote:
P54 wrote:
Somebody got the fleet numbers for Toyota Camry?
not for this year, but last year:




Wow, Camry more fleet than Sonata...
GoFaster
Profile for GoFaster
Re: Percentage of fleet sales.    (Score: 1, Normal) 08-31-2012 09:33
Reply to This Message Attach Quote to Reply
I believe employee purchases through the company are considered Fleet Sales.
 
Thread Page - [1]
Go to:
Contact TOV | Submit Your Article | Submit Your Link | Advertise | TOV Shop | Events | Our Sponsors | TOV Archives
Copyright © 2014 Velocitech Inc. All information contained herein remains the property of Velocitech Inc.
The Temple of VTEC is not affiliated with American Honda Motor Co., Inc. TOV Policies and Guidelines - Credits - Privacy Policy
mobile: 0